There are 357 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

University of Hawaii Warriors Football 2012

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

side note: my friends at state didn't start trash talking to me untill today..... if it takes them 3 days to find out they won, their opinions officially don't matter.

Should've told them....what are you talking about we won (with a convincing voice)!!! I love doing that to people who hardly watch football.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
ok.........

so.... now that we've all but regressed back to 1998 what's the next step....?

(sorry for the knee jerk reaction guys, i've been drinking)

I didn't watch the game, but I heard it was depressing. My gramma said that Inoke Funaki is the best QB we have right now.....MY GRAMMA SAID....WTF!!! Tell me this isn't true, I would like to see Alexander or Rausch get more playing time if the season is gonna go down this way.

yeah no kidding....

didn't see the game either, but from the way my brother sounds, funaki's the worst QB since i don't know.... dick tomey and the white rainbow helmets were still around.

put it this way, he runs 5-10 yards PAST the line of scrimmage, throws the ball, gets a penalty for illegal forward pass, and the ball was incomplete. and he did that twice.

Chang > Funaki

i hope all the guys that wanted june jones gone because he started timmy chang are eating their words though.

hell, smu 'aint looking so hot, maybe they'll fire june and he can come back. (i wish)

side note: my friends at state didn't start trash talking to me untill today..... if it takes them 3 days to find out they won, their opinions officially don't matter.

Very disappointed in how Funaki has developed. My uncle keeps bringing up the fact that he led Kahuku to a state championship.....but who gives a s**t, this isn't high school football. He also says Funaki gives us the best chance to win....I was thinking to myself WTF.....than I came back at him and said....then tell me why they named Brent Rausch the starter at the beginning of the season??

Seriously is McMackin TRYING to lose his job....now that Florida is over and done with, its time to start the young guys and switch Funaki to either a slot receiver or RB.

After this loss to San Jose st., I'm starting to doubt if we can beat anybody in the WAC.

Funaki would be fine if we were an option team, but Hawaii is the complete opposite of that.

i honestly don't have too much of an issue with Mac. I think he's a good coach, but he's trying to put too much of his finger prints on June's team. he's a defense guy, and he wants to add more of a clock control factor to the team, he should have gradually added that into the team. but he does need help on the offensive side of the ball, he needs to use those NFL connections he has and bring someone in (hmm... sounds familiar). it takes time to adjust from going shotgun to going under center.

....what's even more frustrating is that the defense (by WAC standards) is a lot better than it was.

Imagine if June were still here with bess and grice-mullen and w/ malcolm lane

Should've told them....what are you talking about we won (with a convincing voice)!!! I love doing that to people who hardly watch football.

LOL IWAS: well it's true right? don't come to me after the fact to talk trash, they probly didn't even know they were playing Hawaii this past weekend... i told them the only reason they knew the game against Hawaii was coming up last season was because it was on espn and they wanted to get on tv. (which is true for about 50% of the SJSU fans on that day).

Kolohe: haha, no kidding, i should have said saturday the game was already after at 6 cali time. i was at a friends place during the game, they all know i'm from hawaii, and no one said anything to me about the game.

doesn't change the fact that we lost () but i come prepared when people wanna talk trash.
Possible Upset :

Hawaii 29
Fresno St. 22

10 minutes left in the 4th
Nevermind TD Fresno St.

Hawaii 29

Fresno St. 29
I have issues with Mac. My ex-girlfriend's current boyfriend's brother played for UH until last year. He still has ties to the team. I agree that Mac is trying to put his mark on this team and the way you can see it is he is not starting Graunke. I don't know what he sees in Funaki but Tyler is clearly the better QB and Funaki is nothing more than another running back at the QB position. I never liked Funaki.
Hawaii Upsets Fresno State in OT !!!!!!!

Hawaii 32

Fresno St. 29
Originally posted by E-49er:
Hawaii Upsets Fresno State in OT !!!!!!!

Hawaii 32

Fresno St. 29

what is this 8 of the last 10 now
Yeah something like that .

Damn they shoulda won last week at when I was at the game in Honolulu too.

Mac almost screwed up in regulation he could have won it earlier had they not wasted a bunch of time getting in the play afterthe block kick.

Mac almost screwed up in regulation he could have won it earlier had they not wasted a bunch of time getting in the play afterthe block kick.

........sounds familiar.

........sounds familiar.

Yeah former defensive coordinators mis managing the clock and both with ties to the 49ers were they both in the same "coaching for dummies" class together?
Logging off now, but before I do, please win by at least 7 1/2.

As of right now, it's:

UofH: 24
LATECH: 7

w/5:20 left in the 3rd

Oh, and Feeeeve.... you should know that east coast divisional teams going half a world away to play in Hawaii just never adjust to the 77-hour time difference, no matter how inefficient your QB's are. So, listen to me and take the Warriors next time that I do.

As of right now, it's:

Oh, and Feeeeve.... you should know that east coast divisional teams going half a world away to play in Hawaii just never adjust to the 77-hour time difference, no matter how inefficient your QB's are. So, listen to me and take the Warriors next time that I do.

HEY!!!!!!........... i don't bet on hawaii games, as a fan it's bad luck!!!!!! i'm just frustrated at my team...... .... ...and i did say a blowout was more likely at Aloha............ you'd know where i'm coming from though if you saw Funaki play QB.

...and i was right about LaTech @ Boise St........ so don't lecture me on the WAC in general.
24-14...... happy now IWAS!!!!!

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

As of right now, it's:

HEY!!!!!!........... i don't bet on hawaii games, as a fan it's bad luck!!!!!! i'm just frustrated at my team...... .... ...and i did say a blowout was more likely at Aloha............ you'd know where i'm coming from though if you saw Funaki play QB.

...and i was right about LaTech @ Boise St........ so don't lecture me on the WAC in general.

LOL now everyone is on the Funaki bandwagon. Not me, not just yet. If Funaki beats Boise St. next week, then looks like I gotta jump on the wagon. But from what I saw, Funaki was making some boneheaded plays, throwing into double and triple coverages. He also threw a pass where the DB had good man coverage underneath which led to a INT.

Oh and that last TD by La Tech was all refs, that pass interference call, the ball bounced off Mouton's head as he was trying to look for the pass and he didn't even TOUCH the receiver. Next play Calvin Roberts beats his receiver go route, the receiver then leaps at Robert's feet and grabs them preventing him to make the INT......no call. WTF!!!
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com