There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread***

• Brew
  • Veteran
North Jersey rules!!!
1 more game to the World Series. Victorino is the post season MVP IMO. GO PHILS!!
1 day from Game 1. I am in the process of getting tickets to Game 5. Anyone else going to the World Series?
Originally posted by jnew62:
1 day from Game 1. I am in the process of getting tickets to Game 5. Anyone else going to the World Series?

I wish, I was at the last one. But I've got my Schmidt jersey on and I am ready for the game. Less than 8 hours until the Phils start kicking ass!!!!!
3 more wins and the Phillies are World Champs
Originally posted by King49er:
3 more wins and the Phillies are World Champs

We can bank on another one from Cole, so we just need 2 from a combo of 2 starts from Myers and 1 each from Blanton and Moyers. (And hopefully we don't need a 3rd Hamels start for game 7.)

I know Manuel won't change his rotation, but given the way Blanton has pitched in the post season (very well), the way Myers has handled the bat (exceptionally) and the way he feeds off the home crowd and with Moyers struggling, I would have liked to see Blanton start game 2 with the DH and Myers start the first game in Philly with NL rules. Leaving Moyers for game 4 and giving him a little extra rest as he seem to be wearing down in the post season.
Not ONE response in the "Official" Phillies thread? Sad.

GO PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats Philly fans... Thanks for bringing back the hardware to the NL!

Although, I think the Ownership of the Phillies should have thanked the Mets for another epic collapse to let the Phills win the East again.
Congrats to Brad Lidge....after what happened to him in Houston for him to come over to philly and go perfect thru the season and the post season is nothing short of amazing...i wouldnt trade him for any other closer in the game
WORLD f**kING CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thought I'd bump the World f**king Champions thread for the hell of it. GO PHILLIES!!
Merry Xmas Phillies Phans!!! We got our present in Oct. and it was the best gift I got in a looooooooooong time, since 1994 49ers to be exact.
Originally posted by jnew62:
Merry Xmas Phillies Phans!!! We got our present in Oct. and it was the best gift I got in a looooooooooong time, since 1994 49ers to be exact.

Ditto. And I'm reliving it all over again as we speak. The new MLB network reaired all five games and I have DVR'ed them and am watching the Phils win the bigone again.

It's just too sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Meanwhile though, Ibanez for 3 years and $31 mil or Pat the Bat for 2 years and $16 mill (just signed with the Rays)? Hmmmm, very strange. I am far from in love with the Ibanez signing and have a big fear that in years 2 and 3 he could be the second coming of David Bell.

Without a major upgrade happening, another couple years of Burrell might have been a better (and it turns out cheaper) move.
sad to see JC tested positive for a banned substance
Originally posted by Knowledge:
sad to see JC tested positive for a banned substance

Sounds like he was really an ass about it too. From what I've heard, he had two chances to have it reduced from 50 games to 25, but he was too proud and stubborn to work with MLB.

His quote about it is something like "not letting them railroad me because I'm a dumb Purto Rican".

Fool, even if he feels he was "right", and took an approved substance that backfired on him, he should know by know that MLB is taking a hard line on this and it has nothing to do with race, nationality or any other isssues. He has potentially really hurt the team by being difficult about it.