49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 501 users in the forums

Put Your Money Where Your Mouth is... Alex or Shaun or JT?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How are you going to come into a thread with recorded voting and talk s**t, when you didn't even vote for anybody?

I hate that attitude. "I hate Bush so much, he's raised gas prices so much... blah blah blah blah"

Then why didn't you vote for the other party when the time came? "But my vote doesn't matter." GTFO.

[ Edited by Method on Aug 28, 2008 at 11:08:54 ]
Originally posted by Sabrason:
Originally posted by ldussan:
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Method....update UR numbers man....
i been busy, ill update right now.
aight, updated completely ya dig. check if you guys are in the right list, some of you try to act funny so I don't know which list to put you on, pick a name so I can count your vote.

***updated to post 350***
So the Webzone pretty much has like 1% of people who actually know what the flip they're talking about


Exactly, so the few realistic and objective niner fans who were calling for Smith's head on a silver platter long before now and certainly BEFORE he got injured and who were labeled as "haters" by the blindly loyal Smith supporters seem to have known what they were talking about. I love it!! Bunch of dip@#$% on this site. Now that Martz has spoken what do you have to say for yourselves?

I say that your high and mighty words should be toned down a bit... "Bunch of dip@#$% on this site. " Really????? Damn dude, just because we have different opinion from yours makes it cool for you to rag????

Dude.....

oh, and by the way, you are a member of this site so I guess that makes you one as well, right?

- 98
put me down for JT. I have a strong feeling he's gonna start
I will make one statement:


Our starting QB will play as good as Jeff Garcia (minus 4000 yards) but will flow better with the WRs than Garcia ever could.
I'll tell you what i'm still goin with alex. It's funny reading todays article everyone talks about how great JT is and how much he shows that he knows the qb position. If any of you reading this have ever played football at the WR position then you know that it's a great thing when you build trust yes, but also build chemistry and learn to read movements and the body language of your receiver.

If you agree with me it's funny because JT does the exact opposite, stated it, and even martz actually said he aint there yet. Even Alex new that, and JT's our starting qb give me a break.

Heres da words:

Question: The way you say that, it makes it sound like there's nothing involved with chemistry. There's no quarterback chemistry: it's just do what you're doing?

O'Sullivan: "It's a trust thing that they trust me to put the ball exactly where I'm supposed to and I trust them to be exactly where they're supposed to be. But it's not an evaluation process, like, 'Oh, is he open? Who's out there?' or 'Let's see how long it takes him to get it.' It's: this play to that coverage. The ball goes there. Immediately, he better be there and I better put it right there."

Question: Because of that reason, it could be anybody?

"Yes, I don't look around in the huddle and see who's in the huddle and who's at what position. That's not how offense works. It's based on what coverage we see, the ball goes to a certain spot. It doesn't matter-there is no evaluation as far as, 'Did he win? Who is it?' That sort of thing, that's Coach Martz's job and the offensive staff's job to put us in situations to do that. That's how he'll call the plays and do that sort of thing but as far as me, I'm throwing it where it has to be. It doesn't matter who it is."

* * *

And, now, here's Mike Martz's answers to the same line of questioning . . . from an offensive coordinator's perspective

Question: How big is it to get the receivers out here and work with J.T. and guys like Bryant Johnson and Ashley Lelie. Is that necessary?

Martz: "It's very necessary. We've been behind the eight ball there [and] that's hurt us. We need that desperately. That will affect us. I'm concerned about it having my head in my hands a few days. [Bryant Johnson's] been real good. We need to get them in that environment as much as we can. We're behind the eight ball. But to their credit, they've stayed with it, they don't make [any] errors when they've been out there. They have not made mistakes so I feel good about that. But just the connection between the quarterback and the receivers."

Question: J.T. was asked the same question and he takes it from the mindset of it doesn't matter who the receiver is I need to throw it in certain spot, the receiver needs to be there no matter who the receiver is. Where does the quarterback and receiver chemistry become important?

Martz: "It's not so much of a chemistry (issue) as it is a trust issue. If the receivers are all supposed to be 20 yards and they're all 20 yards that makes the difference whether he runs the play. Just developing that trust and knowing that that guy is going to do what he's supposed to and that doesn't always happen that way. So that's why some of those guys are out there in front and some of them aren't, because those guys who are not consistent you can't trust, they just don't make it. So were trying to get that group of guys that we can trust and be consistent and that the mindset that he's at. My mindset is a little different from that because I need to see. When you do the game plan you create things for these guys. You want to see who can make a play, make the most out of something and that's not where J.T. is. He's just going to play his game. My deal is 'All right, Arnaz, what can you do with this' or 'OK, B.J., here you go, what are you going to do with that' kind of thing."

[ Edited by Jersey9er on Aug 28, 2008 at 16:11:07 ]
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
I'll tell you what i'm still goin with alex. It's funny reading todays article everyone talks about how great JT is and how much he shows that he knows the qb position. If any of you reading this have ever played football at the WR position then you know that it's a great thing when you build trust yes, but also build chemistry and learn to read movements and the body language of your receiver.

If you agree with me it's funny because JT does the exact opposite, stated it, and even martz actually said he aint there yet. Even Alex new that, and JT's our starting qb give me a break.

Heres da words:

Question: The way you say that, it makes it sound like there's nothing involved with chemistry. There's no quarterback chemistry: it's just do what you're doing?

O'Sullivan: "It's a trust thing that they trust me to put the ball exactly where I'm supposed to and I trust them to be exactly where they're supposed to be. But it's not an evaluation process, like, 'Oh, is he open? Who's out there?' or 'Let's see how long it takes him to get it.' It's: this play to that coverage. The ball goes there. Immediately, he better be there and I better put it right there."

Question: Because of that reason, it could be anybody?

"Yes, I don't look around in the huddle and see who's in the huddle and who's at what position. That's not how offense works. It's based on what coverage we see, the ball goes to a certain spot. It doesn't matter-there is no evaluation as far as, 'Did he win? Who is it?' That sort of thing, that's Coach Martz's job and the offensive staff's job to put us in situations to do that. That's how he'll call the plays and do that sort of thing but as far as me, I'm throwing it where it has to be. It doesn't matter who it is."

* * *

And, now, here's Mike Martz's answers to the same line of questioning . . . from an offensive coordinator's perspective

Question: How big is it to get the receivers out here and work with J.T. and guys like Bryant Johnson and Ashley Lelie. Is that necessary?

Martz: "It's very necessary. We've been behind the eight ball there [and] that's hurt us. We need that desperately. That will affect us. I'm concerned about it having my head in my hands a few days. [Bryant Johnson's] been real good. We need to get them in that environment as much as we can. We're behind the eight ball. But to their credit, they've stayed with it, they don't make [any] errors when they've been out there. They have not made mistakes so I feel good about that. But just the connection between the quarterback and the receivers."

Question: J.T. was asked the same question and he takes it from the mindset of it doesn't matter who the receiver is I need to throw it in certain spot, the receiver needs to be there no matter who the receiver is. Where does the quarterback and receiver chemistry become important?

Martz: "It's not so much of a chemistry (issue) as it is a trust issue. If the receivers are all supposed to be 20 yards and they're all 20 yards that makes the difference whether he runs the play. Just developing that trust and knowing that that guy is going to do what he's supposed to and that doesn't always happen that way. So that's why some of those guys are out there in front and some of them aren't, because those guys who are not consistent you can't trust, they just don't make it. So were trying to get that group of guys that we can trust and be consistent and that the mindset that he's at. My mindset is a little different from that because I need to see. When you do the game plan you create things for these guys. You want to see who can make a play, make the most out of something and that's not where J.T. is. He's just going to play his game. My deal is 'All right, Arnaz, what can you do with this' or 'OK, B.J., here you go, what are you going to do with that' kind of thing."

But none of that is going to get Alex off the bench....Maybe Martz doesn't trust Alex? Anyone ever consider that?? Anyone ever consider if they asked the receivers who they want as QB. I doubt anyone would say Alex.
Originally posted by Method:
Sabrason: You didn't even vote, no one cares what you think.

You are like those guys who didn't vote for Gore or Kerry, but hate how Bush is running the country. It's people like you who make this country what it is.

  • LtDan2152
  • Info N/A
J.T. moslty because of mike martz past with him
Originally posted by Method:
Sabrason: You didn't even vote, no one cares what you think.

You are like those guys who didn't vote for Gore or Kerry, but hate how Bush is running the country. It's people like you who make this country what it is.


Yeah, well nobody should care what any of you in the 74% group thinks since you were all proven dead wrong and proved how little you know. It's kind of embarrassing. I was never a Smith supporter and certainly didn't jump on that ignorant 74% bandwagon either thinking that Alex would start when any half-wit could predict he wouldn't with how bad he's played esp with a qb guru like Martz evaluating him. It doesn't take an NFL analyst to figure that out Sherlock. Common sense brought me to that conclusion but hey, what do I know??



This is not a political forum but since you brought it up: As far as Gore, Kerry and Bush --- yikes, they're all rotten apples from the same barrel IMO. If I don't vote for someone than I have very right to complain b/c I didn't help put them there!!! Again, basic common sense. This is America and that's my right. It's ok though, you keep voting if you think it makes a difference. That'll help.

[ Edited by Sabrason on Aug 28, 2008 at 19:55:04 ]
Originally posted by Method:
How are you going to come into a thread with recorded voting and talk s**t, when you didn't even vote for anybody?

This is a public forum in America, THAT'S HOW!! Because I didn't put my name down I can't comment on the overwhelming majority of Smith-loving fans on this site who were dead wrong about him starting??? Please, stop the nonsense.

[ Edited by Sabrason on Aug 28, 2008 at 19:38:19 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,128
I didn't vote, but I was wrong. I was one of the people that thought that Alex Smith wouldn't be on the bench due to his high salary.

Remember when McCloughan and Co. extended Smith's contract, and saying Alex Smith is our guy......what now??
Originally posted by kidash98:
I say that your high and mighty words should be toned down a bit... "Bunch of dip@#$% on this site. " Really????? Damn dude, just because we have different opinion from yours makes it cool for you to rag????

Dude.....

oh, and by the way, you are a member of this site so I guess that makes you one as well, right?

- 98

What should be toned down, the "dip" or the @#$%"?? Again, I apologize if that was going over the line but I'm assuming you're a Smith-lover and your "different" opinion turned out to be the wrong one so don't get defensive when niner fans who didn't support Smith or didn't vote come in wanting to talk about it afterward. There's nothing wrong with that. I mean, when 3/4 of the fans who voted turn out to be dead wrong it certainly warrants talking about it, right?? It was a lopsided poll. Sure, I can be a blank blank also if you'd like just not one who voted for Alex Smith!

Btw, I've seen and been called worse on this site and things have been completely spelled out so...........
  • windawest
  • Info N/A
JT
O'Sullif*gget..

i would rather have Alex Smith, but hes not ready
Originally posted by Sabrason:
Originally posted by kidash98:
I say that your high and mighty words should be toned down a bit... "Bunch of dip@#$% on this site. " Really????? Damn dude, just because we have different opinion from yours makes it cool for you to rag????

Dude.....

oh, and by the way, you are a member of this site so I guess that makes you one as well, right?

- 98

What should be toned down, the "dip" or the @#$%"?? Again, I apologize if that was going over the line but I'm assuming you're a Smith-lover and your "different" opinion turned out to be the wrong one so don't get defensive when niner fans who didn't support Smith or didn't vote come in wanting to talk about it afterward. There's nothing wrong with that. I mean, when 3/4 of the fans who voted turn out to be dead wrong it certainly warrants talking about it, right?? It was a lopsided poll. Sure, I can be a blank blank also if you'd like just not one who voted for Alex Smith!

Btw, I've seen and been called worse on this site and things have been completely spelled out so...........

a Smith lover??? *lol* Although I did vote for him, I am a 49er lover first and foremost and at this point, I could really care less who's at center as long as we win...

- 98
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone