There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

i found a place for the new staduim

Originally posted by carl:
First of all, Bay Meadows shouldn't be torn down. It's got so much historical value and I've spent too many hours there betting on ponies running in circles. Go watch that Seabiscuit movie, a lot of it happened at Bay Meadows.

Anyways, I thought they sold that land to... condo developers already? It's a horrible thought that they are selling it to make condos...

Anyways, I'd hate for the 49ers to be blamed in any way for the destruction of Bay Meadows. I agree, it'd be an awesome place for them to play if they can't actually get SF to come up with a reasonable plan. It's close to 101/280/92/San Mateo Bridge. It's not that far from the Millbrae BART station, they could easily get some sort of bussing between the two. Caltrans has a freaking stop at the place already. Desperate gamblers and drunks already know how to get there.

It seems like a great opportunity. Just doesn't sit quite right with me though.

Bay Meadows is a great location, however the Niners missed the boat on this property two years ago. Bay Meadows is history and they will be putting up a mixed use development of condos and office buildings in the next couple of years. With access to the freeways and public transit, Bay Meadows would have been ideal from a transportation standpoint. Too bad, the Yorks aren't capable of making a decision in regards to the stadium issue.

NINER MADMAN
First of all, Bay Meadows shouldn't be torn down. It's got so much historical value and I've spent too many hours there betting on ponies running in circles. Go watch that Seabiscuit movie, a lot of it happened at Bay Meadows.

Anyways, I thought they sold that land to... condo developers already? It's a horrible thought that they are selling it to make condos...

Anyways, I'd hate for the 49ers to be blamed in any way for the destruction of Bay Meadows. I agree, it'd be an awesome place for them to play if they can't actually get SF to come up with a reasonable plan. It's close to 101/280/92/San Mateo Bridge. It's not that far from the Millbrae BART station, they could easily get some sort of bussing between the two. Caltrans has a freaking stop at the place already. Desperate gamblers and drunks already know how to get there.

So.....build the stadium around the existing track! Niners play in the infield and we get pony races at halftime.
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 09etihW:

So.....build the stadium around the existing track! Niners play in the infield and we get pony races at halftime.

Nice!

Now if only they figure out a way to keep the $2 beers...
Originally posted by 09etihW:

Nice!

Now if only they figure out a way to keep the $2 beers...

would that add a good 40 feet between the front rows and the field? i heard it's kinda annoying, from college fans that have stadium's with tracks around the field. i don't know though... never been to a stadium like that... anyone got their 2 cents?
  • bg787
  • Info N/A
they are going 2 build houses on that land im almost positive. i remember hearing that at my last union meeting( san mateo county plumbers union)
All this new stadium talk is Bull$hit! It is all about more money from the taxpayers PERIOD.

The Stick should be remodeled and expanded as follows:

1, Remove pull-out seating meant for Baseball and add luxury boxes and more general seating.

2, Add a new entertainment concourse behind old pull-outs, new locker-rooms can be included on this side of the field.

3, Remodel and Expand existing entry way to include a 49er Hall of Fame, and Pubstyle restaurant.

4, Add "Coliseum of Rome" style cloth awnings over stands, in red and gold off course, to match new paint scheme.

5, Pave outer parking lots.

6, Add ferry boat terminal and extend rail line from 3rd street.

7, Widen off ramps at 101

8, Set up bus routes from BART in Millbrae, and Cal-Train at King street.

9, Widen 3rd steet into a Boulevard, make it one way into and out of games on game-day.

10, Re-Name it "Bill Walsh Field at Candlestick Point" forever no Bull crap sell-out 3com/ Monster BS.

There is my simple 10 point plan Gavin Newsome, John York are you listening, have it free of all consulting charges!
A dump with toxic waste. That's the Yorkie plan.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
All this new stadium talk is Bull$hit! It is all about more money from the taxpayers PERIOD.

1, Remove pull-out seating meant for Baseball and add luxury boxes and more general seating.

2, Add a new entertainment concourse behind old pull-outs, new locker-rooms can be included on this side of the field.

3, Remodel and Expand existing entry way to include a 49er Hall of Fame, and Pubstyle restaurant.

4, Add "Coliseum of Rome" style cloth awnings over stands, in red and gold off course, to match new paint scheme.

9, Widen 3rd steet into a Boulevard, make it one way into and out of games on game-day.

10, Re-Name it "Bill Walsh Field at Candlestick Point" forever no Bull crap sell-out 3com/ Monster BS.

There is my simple 10 point plan Gavin Newsome, John York are you listening, have it free of all consulting charges!

How dare you second guessing Jed York? Jed has a firm grip on the location and progress of Mike Nolan Memorial Stadium. If Jed wants in in SF, it will be in SF, if he wants in Vegas, it will be in Vegas.

Stop whining and being bitter, you don't have John York as your daddy.

That was very detailed. Too bad it would take 10 years to complete and cost $2 billion. I was thinking they should have just done a reconstruction back in the late 90's, but it's simply way too late for that now.
Put the 49ers in South San francisco-there is plenty of space on the industrial side and only 10 mins or less south of candlestick.
[ Edited by Super5 on Jul 14, 2008 at 12:03 AM ]
  • Return2glory
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by dmbgeek87:
sf49ers.com and go to contact us, i think.

but a better idea may be to pitch it to Matt Maiocco.

Or Kawakami. He's been all over the stadium stuff and is much more cynical, which on this subject might be a good thing.
  • Mex49
Tear down Foster City and put it there.
Good location, easy freeway access, and we would be cleaning up the brown eye of the of the peninsula
It would make too much sense.

how much is that gonna cost?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

That was very detailed. Too bad it would take 10 years to complete and cost $2 billion. I was thinking they should have just done a reconstruction back in the late 90's, but it's simply way too late for that now.

It would be the least expensive alternative out there,

Items 1-5, Less expensive to remodel rather than star new for many reasons including environmental impact, purchase of new land and legal fees to name a few.

Items 6 & 9, Rail line and Ferry terminal are part of SF's plans for revitalizing this part of the city, no added cost here.

Item 7, Okay you got me here, but any new stadium is bound to need transportation infrastructure, besides widening the approach to 4 lanes can't be a deal breaker. The ramps at 101 could be widened to 2 lanes and the main approach could be widened to four lanes.

Item 8, come one I just need a couple of busses a few days a year.

Item 10, may be the deal breaker, unless we really want it. Perhaps the City and the Team could work it out by lowering the rental on the new space.

Very do-able project, we just need to change the conversation away from new locations and back to reality.
I think this whole need for a new location is the Yorks looking to move the team. You see if the Yorks keep "trying" to find a location in the Bay Area, but just can't seam to get it done, it will be easer to move to LA or somewhere else with the team.