LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

49ers Pro Football Focus 2017 Scores

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Here are the final PFF scores for the 2017 season. Its based on a 1-100 scale, and each player was scouted on every play, with the score being based on overall production in ALL aspects of play. I only included players with 40 or more snaps on the season.

Obviously if you dont like PFF, this thread isn't for you. The scores are relative to position, but I organized it this way to show the full team together. Clearly Jimmy Garoppolo had a better season than Jaquiski Tartt, but each position is graded differently. JG was a top 10 QB, and Tartt was only the 18th best S graded, for example.

Reuben Foster - 90.7 (4th best LB score)
DeForest Buckner - 90.4 (6th best Int.Def.score)
Joe Staley - 87.4 (2nd best T score)
————
Jaquiski Tartt - 85.7
Jimmy Garoppolo - 85.2 (10th best QB score)
Pierre Garcon - 82.5
Eric Reid - 81.4
Ahkello Witherspoon - 81.1
K'Waun Williams - 80.2
Marquise Goodwin - 80.0
————
Trent Brown - 79.3
Arik Armstead - 78.4
Aaron Lynch - 78.7
Tank Carradine - 78.1
Adrian Colbert - 77.6
Elvis Dumervil - 76.1
Brandon Fusco - 76.0
Sheldon Day - 75.0
Garrett Celek - 75.0
Kyle Juszczyk - 74.9 (4th best FB score)
Matt Breida - 73.1
Trent Taylor - 71.6
Ronald Blair - 71.3
Laken Tomlinson - 70.7
————
Dekoda Watson - 69.2
CJ Beathard - 68.5
Louis Murphy - 67.4
George Kittle - 63.4
————
Kendrick Bourne - 58.4
Earl Mitchell - 56.5
Solomon Thomas - 53.2
DJ Jones - 51.2
Daniel Kilgore - 51.0
Carlos Hyde - 50.3
Logan Paulsen - 50.3
————
Greg Mabin - 49.2
Eli Harold - 47.7
Leger Douzable - 47.5
Jimmie Ward - 46.9
Aldrick Robinson - 46.9
Leon Hall - 44.2
Cassius Marsh - 43.7
Antone Exum Jr. - 43.2
Erik Magnuson - 41.5
Brock Coyle - 41.3
————
Dontae Johnson - 36.9
Zane Beadles - 32.9
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 8, 2018 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
Here are the final PFF scores for the 2017 season. Its based on a 1-100 scale, and each player was scouted on every play, and the score is based on overall production in ALL aspects of play. I only included players with 40 or more snaps on the season.

Obviously if you dont like PFF, this thread isn't for you.

————
Jaquiski Tartt - 85.7
Pierre Garcon - 82.5
Eric Reid - 81.4
K'Waun Williams - 80.2
Marquise Goodwin - 80.0
————
Trent Brown - 79.3
Arik Armstead - 78.4
Aaron Lynch - 78.7
Tank Carradine - 78.1
Adrian Colbert - 77.6
Elvis Dumervil - 76.1
Brandon Fusco - 76.0
Sheldon Day - 75.0
Garrett Celek - 75.0
Matt Breida - 73.1
Trent Taylor - 71.6
Ronald Blair - 71.3
Laken Tomlinson - 70.7
————
Dekoda Watson - 69.2
CJ Beathard - 68.5
Louis Murphy - 67.4
George Kittle - 63.4
————
Kendrick Bourne - 58.4
Earl Mitchell - 56.5
Solomon Thomas - 53.2
DJ Jones - 51.2
Daniel Kilgore - 51.0
Carlos Hyde - 50.3
Logan Paulsen - 50.3
————
Greg Mabin - 49.2
Eli Harold - 47.7
Leger Douzable - 47.5
Jimmie Ward - 46.9
Aldrick Robinson - 46.9
Leon Hall - 44.2
Cassius Marsh - 43.7
Antone Exum Jr. - 43.2
Erik Magnuson - 41.5
Brock Coyle - 41.3
————
Dontae Johnson - 36.9
Zane Beadles - 32.9

"Ohh yeah hes more the serviceable we don't need to address this position we are good for another year or two"
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Pff is garbage don't give them no attention.
Originally posted by susweel:

Like I said, if PFF isnt your thing, neither is this thread. This isn't supposed to be a thread to argue about the merits of PFF.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

this. its ridiculous. cant believe anyone pays attention to the crap they put out.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
While I'm not certain on PFF, they've clearly identified Beadles and Johnston as our two worst players. I don't know any fan who'd argue with that.
Here are the final PFF scores for the 2017 season. Its based on a 1-100 scale, and each player was scouted on every play, with the score being based on overall production in ALL aspects of play. I only included players with 40 or more snaps on the season.

Obviously if you dont like PFF, this thread isn't for you. The scores are relative to position, but I organized it this way to show the full team together. Clearly Jimmy Garoppolo had a better season than Jaquiski Tartt, but each position is graded differently. JG was a top 10 QB, and Tartt was only the 18th best S graded, for example.

————
Jaquiski Tartt - 85.7
Pierre Garcon - 82.5
Eric Reid - 81.4
K'Waun Williams - 80.2
Marquise Goodwin - 80.0
————
Trent Brown - 79.3
Arik Armstead - 78.4
Aaron Lynch - 78.7
Tank Carradine - 78.1
Adrian Colbert - 77.6
Elvis Dumervil - 76.1
Brandon Fusco - 76.0
Sheldon Day - 75.0
Garrett Celek - 75.0
Matt Breida - 73.1
Trent Taylor - 71.6
Ronald Blair - 71.3
Laken Tomlinson - 70.7
————
Dekoda Watson - 69.2
CJ Beathard - 68.5
Louis Murphy - 67.4
George Kittle - 63.4
————
Kendrick Bourne - 58.4
Earl Mitchell - 56.5
Solomon Thomas - 53.2
DJ Jones - 51.2
Daniel Kilgore - 51.0
Carlos Hyde - 50.3
Logan Paulsen - 50.3
————
Greg Mabin - 49.2
Eli Harold - 47.7
Leger Douzable - 47.5
Jimmie Ward - 46.9
Aldrick Robinson - 46.9
Leon Hall - 44.2
Cassius Marsh - 43.7
Antone Exum Jr. - 43.2
Erik Magnuson - 41.5
Brock Coyle - 41.3
————
Dontae Johnson - 36.9
Zane Beadles - 32.9
Looks like we have a few starting positions and other roster spots that can stand some upgrading.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Jan 8, 2018 at 10:42 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

this. its ridiculous. cant believe anyone pays attention to the crap they put out.

lol ive never once heard an educated or serious football opinion come from either of you. All you do is post in the Parking Lot and troll NT.

Find me a better scouting system than PFF, or move along.

26 NFL teams subscribe to the PFF premium service, so apparently the NFL pays attention to their crap.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 8, 2018 at 10:48 AM ]

Gotta take it with a major grain of salt. What I've noticed is ppl only seem to like PFF when it backs up their opinions. If it disagrees then it's garbage. You will literally see posters say PFF sucks in one thread. Then go to another thread and post PFF stats to back up their opinions. This list seems not to be too bad. Hyde seems extremely low and Armstead seems extremely high. K'aun Williams seems to be overrated. Overall though half of this roster is full of D players just like this list indicates.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Gotta take it with a major grain of salt. What I've noticed is ppl only seem to like PFF when it backs up their opinions. If it disagrees then it's garbage. You will literally see posters say PFF sucks in one thread. Then go to another thread and post PFF stats to back up their opinions. This list seems not to be too bad. Hyde seems extremely low and Armstead seems extremely high. K'aun Williams seems to be overrated. Overall though half of this roster is full of D players just like this list indicates.

Yeah, it would be fun to put the eye test grades next to these and why.

Factor in the 'Jimmy Effect' and add +10 to all the offense scores

Obviously nothing is meant to be gospel. These are professional scouting opinions from people who watched every player on every play. The thing that I dont get is people criticize it so much, yet have no alternative, and nothing to back up why they think the scores suck. Its all "Thats not what my eyes saw this season.", as if their opinion was more credible.

They also cant comprehend that the score is based on what they did during their snaps. A player with 50 snaps who played really well can score an 80.0, but that doesn't mean hes a better player than a guy who scored 78.0 in 500 snaps. Look at all the info they provide and decide for yourself who is better than who.

Obviously nothing is meant to be gospel. These are professional scouting opinions from people who watched every player on every play. The thing that I dont get is people criticize it so much, yet have no alternative, and nothing to back up why they think the scores suck. Its all "Thats not what my eyes saw this season.", as if their opinion was more credible.

They also cant comprehend that the score is based on what they did during their snaps. A player with 50 snaps who played really well can score an 80.0, but that doesn't mean hes a better player than a guy who scored 78.0 in 500 snaps. Look at all the info they provide and decide for yourself who is better than who.

Yep, sometimes you just need to put some of these people on ignore mode. They really don't bring any substance to the topic.
lol ive never once heard an educated or serious football opinion come from either of you. All you do is post in the Parking Lot and troll NT.

Find me a better scouting system than PFF, or move along.

26 NFL teams subscribe to the PFF premium service, so apparently the NFL pays attention to their crap.

HA
Its great to see alot of our guys ranking high and statistically showing they get it done on the field, but then seeing Kittle and Marsh ranked so low is kinda like , they are both really good. I know Marsh is a situational rusher, but for being a guy off waivers he was the only guy outside Dumervil that got pressure on most of their rush attempts. So I know its not a perfect system but theres a few guys on the list I would have expected were higher, and then guys like Lynch and Armstead that I thought would be lower.

But good regardless, thanks for the post
Share 49ersWebzone