There are 129 users in the forums

Joshua Garnett OG - 28th overall pick, released

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
If we hadn't traded up we would if ended up with Ifedi and if you think Garnett is bad lol

We have no way of knowing that. Whitehair would've been available...he certainly played ok.

Yeah but we were targeting a G not a C. I think he makes nice strides next year with a FULL off season.
I think, w/the right coaching Garnett will make the grade
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Maybe he will be better because he'll have time to rest in the huddle.
In hindsight this was somewhat unfortunate.

If we hadn't traded up we would if ended up with Ifedi and if you think Garnett is bad lol

Perhaps if they hadn't traded up for Garnett they would have picked WR Michael Thomas in the 2nd and QB Dak Prescott in the 4th instead of Garnett ... would have been set at QB and WR instead of having an average guard
Originally posted by Vito_Corleone:
Perhaps if they hadn't traded up for Garnett they would have picked WR Michael Thomas in the 2nd and QB Dak Prescott in the 4th instead of Garnett ... would have been set at QB and WR instead of having an average guard

The problem with that tho is that Kelly wanted Dak but the guy calling the shot Baalke said NO, so Dak was never coming to the 49ers even if he was available.

Yeah I was really digging on Michael Thomas
I remember decastro and zietler not having great rookie seasons as well and those were the best guards in that draft. It took them a little while but now they are top 15 guards. I see the same exact thing with Garnett
[ Edited by elguapo on Feb 5, 2017 at 3:11 AM ]

Chip was on record saying baalke wasn't gonna draft Dak so you can throw the therory out the window 😉 And while Thomas is okay he wouldn't have Brees throwing him the ball...qb makes the WR 9 out of 10 times
Originally posted by elguapo:
I remember decastro and zietler not having great rookie seasons as well and those were the best guards in that draft. It took them a little while but now they are top 15 guards. I see the same exact thing with Garnett

Good points.

Excellent call!

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Excellent call!

But we're the 49ers. If they aren't all pro's their first year, well... #Bust

Excellent call!

let's hope for the best!
Originally posted by NCommand:

Excellent call!

But we're the 49ers. If they aren't all pro's their first year, well... #Bust

All too true for too many
How well will Garnett fit into this blocking scheme? Baalke got him to block for inside zone. Seems powerful but not agile. Scored low on Sparq. He needs to come through or put OG near top of the list of needs going into 2018. Guards are important in getting this run game going.
whitehair made the probowl last season....
Share 49ersWebzone