LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 242 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AlexCat49er:
Originally posted by Niners816:
^^^^This Guy didn't watch the game. 5 tackles, TFL, 2 QB hits and a half sack is not an invisble day

Where was he when we desperately needed a stop in OT? Invisible.

He is a beast in there. Was at the game. Is severely hamstrung by lack of talent plus Thomas, a rookie around him. Get a great edge rusher and a muture Thomas and look out. Going to take time. Lots of cap money to make this team really good next year. Right now though, painful as heck to watch.
[ Edited by socal1632 on Oct 9, 2017 at 8:53 AM ]
Originally posted by socal1632:
Originally posted by AlexCat49er:
Originally posted by Niners816:
^^^^This Guy didn't watch the game. 5 tackles, TFL, 2 QB hits and a half sack is not an invisble day

Where was he when we desperately needed a stop in OT? Invisible.

He is a beast in there. Was at the game. Is severely hamstrung by lack of talent plus Thomas, a rookie around him. Get a great edge rusher and a muture Thomas and look out. Going to take time. Lots of cap money to make this team really good next year. Right now though, painful as heck to watch.

Has it been painful to watch when we barely lost last 4 games?

I cant agree to that lol.

Disappointing? Sure. Big picture doe fellas. Hang in there, be strong minded.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
But let's trade him for unproven Jimmy Garrapolo. That's why I can't take anything this piece of trash says seriously:

San Francisco 49ers

I'm going to keep banging the drum about 49ers emerging stud defensive tackle DeForest Buckner . He's now second in the NFL with 23 quarterback knockdowns/hurries. He is becoming a difference maker. -Jason La Canfora

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-redskins-gm-scot-mccloughan-explains-what-hed-do-with-kirk-cousins/
Originally posted by FL9er:
But let's trade him for unproven Jimmy Garrapolo. That's why I can't take anything this piece of trash says seriously:

San Francisco 49ers

I'm going to keep banging the drum about 49ers emerging stud defensive tackle DeForest Buckner . He's now second in the NFL with 23 quarterback knockdowns/hurries. He is becoming a difference maker. -Jason La Canfora

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-redskins-gm-scot-mccloughan-explains-what-hed-do-with-kirk-cousins/

Theres maybe only a couple QBs I'd ever think about trading Buckner for, and it for damn sure isnt't Jimmy Garroppolo!
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Defo loves that swim move. He needs a counter for it because guards are going to start sitting on it, and there's no move you can more hurt on that a failed swim. Taking a shot to the ribs.
How did Buck do today. He is not showing up much in the tackle column and pressures are an interesting statistic but can't tell if he is doing anything positive for the defense or not!
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
How did Buck do today. He is not showing up much in the tackle column and pressures are an interesting statistic but can't tell if he is doing anything positive for the defense or not!

Beginning of the game he was meh...toward the end of the game he was getting moved around like Solly and showed the flashes of dominance he had earlier...

I think we should start him at the big end and move him around and see how he does
Originally posted by jcs:

Beginning of the game he was meh...toward the end of the game he was getting moved around like Solly and showed the flashes of dominance he had earlier...

I think we should start him at the big end and move him around and see how he does

No hes fine where he is lol

Silent as usual. Maybe a product of no one around him making the easy target for double teams

So far I seen the good in pass rush but the bad run defense and as a DT its not good IMO
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
So far I seen the good in pass rush but the bad run defense and as a DT its not good IMO

I agree, I'm not crazy about Mitchell next to him which doesn't help him tho..Wish Mitchell was on a 1 yr deal so the niners could sign either of Peters, Jernigan, Logan, Richardson, Floyd, Letulelui and match them next to Buckner, AA great depth all over..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

I agree, I'm not crazy about Mitchell next to him which doesn't help him tho..Wish Mitchell was on a 1 yr deal so the niners could sign either of Peters, Jernigan, Logan, Richardson, Floyd, Letulelui and match them next to Buckner, AA great depth all over..

They still can. I really like DJ Jones but I would love to see Lotuleilei here.
This guy will never be as good as Justin Smith or BY because he can't stay low and he still needs to work on his hand placement and passrush moves. He is our best player but he's just one dimensional at this point and hurting us in run defense.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
This guy will never be as good as Justin Smith or BY because he can't stay low and he still needs to work on his hand placement and passrush moves. He is our best player but he's just one dimensional at this point and hurting us in run defense.

Hard to say never. Smith was a seven year vet when he came to us. It would be nice if we could get a dominant run defender next to him. I will say he looks far better in year two compared to year one, which was decent. Year 3 will tell the story if will he remain an elite DT (some argue he is or close) or simply be good. I won't lose my lunch if he doesn't play like a HOF caliber player. I'm more concerned with putting more good players around him so it will be harder to game plan against him.
Share 49ersWebzone