There are 168 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Bipolar ass webzone. You guys were trying to get Kyle and Lynch fired when they traded Defo . Now it's ,'' a great move .''

Defo is a great player , but was pricey. Niners wanted Arik to close in on the short qbs that were in our division running around and causing disruptions ( Prime Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray).

Being a lineman comes with a lot of humbleness. I saw that Charles guy doing work but Bosa was ending up with the sacks and Vice Versa. A dline is not just one guy. It's how well they can gel and work as a unit.
Same with an olineman.

OLINE is the MOST important part of the offense IMO but they get no love whatsoever. They aren't front and center of the limelight.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49ergang261:
Seems like Buckner is disappointing in Indy given his contract.

I'm not ready to say the 49ers won that trade especially since Kinlaw has a lot to prove but it's starting to feel like it was the right move to make.

How has he been disappointing?? Because Indy is s**tty right now?? If I'm not mistaken but I think Buckner has made the top 100 every year since he was traded.

Buckner is a player who makes everyone around him better. Much rather have kept him than Armstead and Jimmie Ward.
top 100 is nothing

and if you mean helping everyone else by getting stonewalled by one guy the majority of every game.. so be it

Congratulations you've been upgraded to the "Block Feature".
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49ergang261:
Seems like Buckner is disappointing in Indy given his contract.

I'm not ready to say the 49ers won that trade especially since Kinlaw has a lot to prove but it's starting to feel like it was the right move to make.

How has he been disappointing?? Because Indy is s**tty right now?? If I'm not mistaken but I think Buckner has made the top 100 every year since he was traded.

Buckner is a player who makes everyone around him better. Much rather have kept him than Armstead and Jimmie Ward.
top 100 is nothing

and if you mean helping everyone else by getting stonewalled by one guy the majority of every game.. so be it

Congratulations you've been upgraded to the "Block Feature".
nobody likes the truth
Can we please get him back this off-season? He was my fav 49er player on the team(still is) and still heart broken they traded him for that goomba kinslaw plus signed armstead to a massive contract. Just all around wrong players for him. And don't give me that hocus locus about saving money for our core guys bc we always figure it. Defo is an all pro and don't let a guy like that go for peanuts 🥜 and strawberries 🍓 just my two cents go ahead flame 🔥 me now
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Can we please get him back this off-season? He was my fav 49er player on the team(still is) and still heart broken they traded him for that goomba kinslaw plus signed armstead to a massive contract. Just all around wrong players for him. And don't give me that hocus locus about saving money for our core guys bc we always figure it. Defo is an all pro and don't let a guy like that go for peanuts 🥜 and strawberries 🍓 just my two cents go ahead flame 🔥 me now
And exactly how are they suppose to get him back? He's not a free agent.
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Trade Kinlaw and AA with the handshake 🤝 deal of JG signing there. We get defo

Makes our inside pass rush better but run D worse (if AA is at DT). I'd rather get Moseley and a few others signed, and develop the next DJ Jones, all for cheaper. Buckner is a better player than all of our DTs since but the defense has been better without him.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Makes our inside pass rush better but run D worse (if AA is at DT). I'd rather get Moseley and a few others signed, and develop the next DJ Jones, all for cheaper. Buckner is a better player than all of our DTs since but the defense has been better without him.

Definitely an argument can made stat wise that we are better without him run wise but I believe with bosa and him together it would be insane. Plus AA and Kinlaw are constantly hurt. Defo is a beast and durable
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Definitely an argument can made stat wise that we are better without him run wise but I believe with bosa and him together it would be insane. Plus AA and Kinlaw are constantly hurt. Defo is a beast and durable

Can't argue durability though AA had a good 3 year run. It would be insane and as much havoc as that pass rush would be, I still would opt for an AA +DJ Jones combo if we are going to think about what DT we should've kept. Now if our offense was consistently top 5 or 10, then its Buckner all day because we'd be constantly playing with leads.

Share 49ersWebzone