LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Are we the worst team in football?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Probably should post a poll.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news/4697183-49ers-worst-franchise-chip-kelly-colin-kaepernick-jim-harbaugh

I brushed this article off when I saw it but it made me think. With our QB situation and dysfunction at the top of the organization, do we really have the worst franchise in the NFL right now? Certainly our brand has been tarnished over the last few years. Who even knows if we do draft a QB if that player will pan out? How many games will we really win if Gabbert is the QB? What happens to Kap? How does the D deal with Chips fast pace offense?

Chip Kelly gives us reason to be optimistic but what's he gonna do with the lack of talent on this roster? FA and the draft play a huge factor but can Baakle have a good draft? Do Top FAs want to come here?

This article got me thinking. We may very well have the worst outlook of any team when you put it into perspective.

Thoughts?
[ Edited by mutant-man49 on Mar 5, 2016 at 5:48 AM ]
Nope. Technically Tennessee and Cleveland are the worst.
  • thl408
More like the worst team in the history of organized sports.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Eli_23:

Remember when Cleveland kicked our ass. That was a bummer.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:

if serious,., people like this can not be reasoned with in my opinion
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by Eli_23:

Remember when Cleveland kicked our ass. That was a bummer.
mangini should have been fired that night. we got our problems. but we are not the worst. plenty of reason to be optimistic moving foward. after free agency and the draft, i will feel there will be even more optimism
Originally posted by cciowa:

thl never jokes. ever.
[ Edited by jedediahyork on Mar 4, 2016 at 12:25 PM ]
The front page says so.
As of right now, it's close. We have an average QB, OL, WRs, TEs. Our defense is nothing special either. But there is good potential on defense, and hopefully on offense now with Chip. Jax and Tenn have their QBs, but they still have worse talent then us when you look at their whole 53 man roster.
[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Mar 4, 2016 at 12:33 PM ]
As far as NFC teams are, I'd say we are. Overall Tennessee maybe, but at least they have a QB for the future. Their ownership is still a mess.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Probably the worst font office.
I think it's hard to call a team with some recent success the worst franchise.

The offense will be very good next year, and if the defense can be average, the 49ers will be in, or knocking on the door of the playoffs.
Maybe not THE worst, but the fact it's even a question tells you all you need to know.

We're close enough to the bottom that it doesn't really matter. Who cares if we're dead last or #29. We're currently a joke.
[ Edited by TTown9ers on Mar 4, 2016 at 12:51 PM ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by cciowa:

do you even pay attention to the people who post things here? Or do your homer glasses blind you from everything?
Not even close to it.
Yes Cleveland beat us last season but we beat 4 other teams that were better than them. I guarantee we wouldn't have lost that game with Kelly calling plays.
Share 49ersWebzone