There are 119 users in the forums

What is the preffered Play-Off Scenario for you, providing we beat Carolina ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is the preffered Play-Off Scenario for you, providing we beat Carolina ?

Originally posted by crake49:
As much as I'd like the last game at the Stick to be a successful NFC Championship game, the thought of going up to Seattle and knocking them off in front of their fans is just too much. I'd like the Niners to be just like the Cowboys and Packers were for the Niners in the 90's - just go up there and tear their hearts out. Can you imagine the stunned looks on the 12th man faces in the closing minutes of a game where it's already clear the Niners are going to win and move on to another Super Bowl and the Seahawks are going to go home. Priceless.

I've said it before and with all of the s**t talking and trolling from Seahawks fans over the past 2 seasons... I'd love it if the 49ers were able to go up there and rip their guts out. Especially since they all feel this is their best shot at finally winning a SB
I believe that the Seahawks will win on Saturday, but I would rather have one more game at Candlestick, if it's possible.
How can anyone here want to play the Seahawks in their stadium? You all do remember the last couple of games the 49ers played there, right? I get that Kaep has twice as much experience as a starter than the last time he played there. We have a full compliment of weapons and the team is playing well for sure. But that place and that team are not a good match up for the 49ers. The way the 49er offense is set up to run does not work in that noise. Confusion leads to burned TO's (more than normal). Couple that with a great defense and that leads to a lopsided turnover margin and a run away blow out.

I am not saying that the 49ers cannot beat this team ... they did just a month ago. But even in that game the Seahawks were leading in the 4th quarter. And I am not saying they cannot beat them up there. But why the hell tempt fate if given a choice? These two teams are each others worst nightmare, and that gimmicky building makes it even worse. I would be ecstatic if the Saints take care of business, and the next time the 49ers have to try to win in that stadium we will have the 6th trophy tucked away where it belongs.
Originally posted by KegBert:
The scenario where we win the Super Bowl.

+1
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
How can anyone here want to play the Seahawks in their stadium? You all do remember the last couple of games the 49ers played there, right? I get that Kaep has twice as much experience as a starter than the last time he played there. We have a full compliment of weapons and the team is playing well for sure. But that place and that team are not a good match up for the 49ers. The way the 49er offense is set up to run does not work in that noise. Confusion leads to burned TO's (more than normal). Couple that with a great defense and that leads to a lopsided turnover margin and a run away blow out.

I am not saying that the 49ers cannot beat this team ... they did just a month ago. But even in that game the Seahawks were leading in the 4th quarter. And I am not saying they cannot beat them up there. But why the hell tempt fate if given a choice? These two teams are each others worst nightmare, and that gimmicky building makes it even worse. I would be ecstatic if the Saints take care of business, and the next time the 49ers have to try to win in that stadium we will have the 6th trophy tucked away where it belongs.

That's part of what would make it so satisfying. They're just so confident that they're always going to win up there. What a shock it would be.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kwlui:
As much as I'd like the last game at the Stick to be a successful NFC Championship game, the thought of going up to Seattle and knocking them off in front of their fans is just too much. I'd like the Niners to be just like the Cowboys and Packers were for the Niners in the 90's - just go up there and tear their hearts out. Can you imagine the stunned looks on the 12th man faces in the closing minutes of a game where it's already clear the Niners are going to win and move on to another Super Bowl and the Seahawks are going to go home. Priceless.

You understand! All right. Besides beating the saints at home is not a gimme. If they are bad ass enough to take it from the hawks in that stadium they can do it to us. Especially if we are so confident of a win (giants 2011) because it's candlestick's Bon voyage. b******t!'They do have Payton and breeze after all and they would be riding a huge confidence wave after beating philly and Seattle in their respective harsh environments. Screw that! We need to be on that wave. We need to dethrone those Goliath sea chickens in their home, in their nest in front all those inflated, uninformed bandwaggin Deutsch bags that root for them. That is our Goliath to slay, that team, that stadium. (Beats) We already closed out candlestick in style, rg3 stadium or whatever is where our forty niners make their mark on the history and the legacy of the NFL. This our path, like it or not, it is our Destiny! The Super Bowl will be a route after that ( a la 49ers of old) bring on Denver, chargers, whoever, been there done that.....
Unless it's luck, then we might have our hands full and have to fight to the end. Something about that boy

So Seattle fans are all German?
That's part of what would make it so satisfying. They're just so confident that they're always going to win up there. What a shock it would be.

Hey, if it happens I would embrace it. That is totally different than wishing for it.
Just Beat Carolina, One Play at a time, One Game at a time otherwise whats the point?
Beat all of the teams that beat us this year. Packers, Panthers, Saints, Colts. We already beat the seahawks after they beat us.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Just Beat Carolina, One Play at a time, One Game at a time otherwise whats the point?

great message for the players on the team. sadly we're fans who do look ahead, not unlike you already knowing what vance mcdonald and tank carradine are.

Originally posted by crabman82:

great message for the players on the team. sadly we're fans who do look ahead, not unlike you already knowing what vance mcdonald and tank carradine are.

I thought Vance McDonald did a heck of a job as a fullback vs GB and as an extra blocker. Here is his comeback 2nd chance game vs the Panthers to make up for his drop.
I'm realistic, I do NOT want to play the Seahawks in seattle. It would be a whole lot better for the team to play at home vs the saints. We would have a better shot logistically. I do think we could win In seattle id just rather not have to go that route.
Originally posted by crabman82:

I thought Vance McDonald did a heck of a job as a fullback vs GB and as an extra blocker. Here is his comeback 2nd chance game vs the Panthers to make up for his drop.

just seems weird to call a rookie or two a bust already, but yet we cant look ahead to playoff matches we would prefer?
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Exactly. And considering they have never won (and will not) win on the road against us (in their current incarnation) that will be a huge lift for the team, not just for this season, but into the future. As for revenge against the Saints, eh, I don't even think they believe they are better than us. Seeking revenge on them would be like Niners teams of the 90s wanting revenge against the Falcons for the occasional win they would get against us.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Got to beat the best to be the best. Seattle is the #1 seed.

Actually you just have to beat the team who beat the best. There wont be any consolation in losing up in SEA, just because we wanted to prove something. The road getting there doesnt matter, as long as we win the title.
Share 49ersWebzone