LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

What is the preffered Play-Off Scenario for you, providing we beat Carolina ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is the preffered Play-Off Scenario for you, providing we beat Carolina ?

i want the Seachickens at their house, in front of their stupid 12th man fans, crying because they are not going to the SB... thats what i want
I would much rather play the Saints in SF. Of course it would be so much sweeter to beat the Seahawks in Seattle but Im not so confident in that game tbh.
  • Kwlui
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
This might be the worst topic ever. Let's see, play the NFC title game at home against New Orleans or go on the road to the toughest environment against a team that is nearly unbeatable on their home turf. I'll really have to think about this one before I vote.

The last 3 NFC CHampionships have been won by the visiting squad. We were involved in two of those last three games as i am sure you know.
If we are going to lose, i rather lose in Seattle than Taint the Stick, and if we are going to WIN I want to WIN in Seattle in front of those annoying fans of theirs. Plus I believe it would give us so much more momentum going into the Superbowl.
Originally posted by Kwlui:
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
This might be the worst topic ever. Let's see, play the NFC title game at home against New Orleans or go on the road to the toughest environment against a team that is nearly unbeatable on their home turf. I'll really have to think about this one before I vote.

The last 3 NFC CHampionships have been won by the visiting squad. We were involved in two of those last three games as i am sure you know.
If we are going to lose, i rather lose in Seattle than Taint the Stick, and if we are going to WIN I want to WIN in Seattle in front of those annoying fans of theirs. Plus I believe it would give us so much more momentum going into the Superbowl.

the stick has seen many nfc title game losses. an additional one would not taint anything.
As much as I want to go into Seattle and kick their ass(which I don't think will happen but it would be a lot closer game) I'd prefer the Saints to win so we can host another playoff game at the stick.
one last game at the stick would be friggin awesome, the place would be rockin, no way saints could win.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
As much as I want to go into Seattle and kick their ass(which I don't think will happen but it would be a lot closer game) I'd prefer the Saints to win so we can host another playoff game at the stick.

its a no brainer really. yeah we want to get revenge in seattle, but more importantly we're trying for ring #6. to act like you'd prefer to go to seattle is retarded.
While a win in Seattle would be great I think I would prefer the game to be the farewell to the Stick.
Perhaps I am not best qualified to comment on this subject, but:-

Beating Chicago at Soldier Field on route to a Superbowl made that victory all the more sweeter as a fan. Now I know that the current Seahawks' roster is a whole different proposition, but the tougher the journey, the sweeter the nap.

Playoff seeding is a hotly disputed question, no doubt about - being a fan of an 8-7-1 team who got homefield advantage I can see that it no doubt makes the road to the bowl tougher than it should be.

That being said, as fans, wouldn't yall rather experience winning it all with your team knocking off

1) A high power offense at their home (My beloved Packers)
2) An up and coming talented team (Carolina)
3) Your divisional rival
4) Who the fresh ever
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:
Perhaps I am not best qualified to comment on this subject, but:-

Beating Chicago at Soldier Field on route to a Superbowl made that victory all the more sweeter as a fan. Now I know that the current Seahawks' roster is a whole different proposition, but the tougher the journey, the sweeter the nap.

Playoff seeding is a hotly disputed question, no doubt about - being a fan of an 8-7-1 team who got homefield advantage I can see that it no doubt makes the road to the bowl tougher than it should be.

That being said, as fans, wouldn't yall rather experience winning it all with your team knocking off

1) A high power offense at their home (My beloved Packers)
2) An up and coming talented team (Carolina)
3) Your divisional rival
4) Who the fresh ever

it feels sweeter because you didnt have the other option. if you beat seattle in 2010 nfc title game (team bears had to beat in div round) and won the sb, you wouldnt care that you missed out on beating chicago. you won the title, dont matter who you beat.

Home game
Originally posted by crabman82:
it feels sweeter because you didnt have the other option. if you beat seattle in 2010 nfc title game (team bears had to beat in div round) and won the sb, you wouldnt care that you missed out on beating chicago. you won the title, dont matter who you beat.

I hear what you are saying, but the chips fell where they did and because of that, the win is appreciated more.

Regardless of who you beat to get there, a W is a W. But that W against your rival? Nothing like it!
Originally posted by Kwlui:
I don't think this season will feel complete unless we stick it to the Seahawks in front of their people in their stadium. That's what they deserve. I want there to be no questions of who the big dogs are in this division, league. Besides, we were already so close to beating the Saints and then hosting them at our home unexpectedly. it would be too much distraction, too much of a setup for disapointment. No, we need to beat Seattle where they feel they're Strongest. Then bring on those pesky Colts, we owe them too....

The Stick having an NFCC win as it's very last game trumps going into Seattle and proving dominance over a team that has been a true rival for only one season (I don't think this was a real, true rivalry until the Seahawks fans flew their stupid banner and our fans responded - which I thought was stupid by both sides, by the way).

The Stick and it's legacy mean far more to me than a beating some team that may not even be a rival for long.

Some of you are feeding into Seattle's rivalry far too much.
As much as I'd like the last game at the Stick to be a successful NFC Championship game, the thought of going up to Seattle and knocking them off in front of their fans is just too much. I'd like the Niners to be just like the Cowboys and Packers were for the Niners in the 90's - just go up there and tear their hearts out. Can you imagine the stunned looks on the 12th man faces in the closing minutes of a game where it's already clear the Niners are going to win and move on to another Super Bowl and the Seahawks are going to go home. Priceless.
  • Kwlui
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
As much as I'd like the last game at the Stick to be a successful NFC Championship game, the thought of going up to Seattle and knocking them off in front of their fans is just too much. I'd like the Niners to be just like the Cowboys and Packers were for the Niners in the 90's - just go up there and tear their hearts out. Can you imagine the stunned looks on the 12th man faces in the closing minutes of a game where it's already clear the Niners are going to win and move on to another Super Bowl and the Seahawks are going to go home. Priceless.

You understand! All right. Besides beating the saints at home is not a gimme. If they are bad ass enough to take it from the hawks in that stadium they can do it to us. Especially if we are so confident of a win (giants 2011) because it's candlestick's Bon voyage. b******t!'They do have Payton and breeze after all and they would be riding a huge confidence wave after beating philly and Seattle in their respective harsh environments. Screw that! We need to be on that wave. We need to dethrone those Goliath sea chickens in their home, in their nest in front all those inflated, uninformed bandwaggin Deutsch bags that root for them. That is our Goliath to slay, that team, that stadium. (Beats) We already closed out candlestick in style, rg3 stadium or whatever is where our forty niners make their mark on the history and the legacy of the NFL. This our path, like it or not, it is our Destiny! The Super Bowl will be a route after that ( a la 49ers of old) bring on Denver, chargers, whoever, been there done that.....
Unless it's luck, then we might have our hands full and have to fight to the end. Something about that boy
Share 49ersWebzone