There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Likeliest players to be involved in draft-day deals?

Originally posted by spizzy:
To actually answer seriously, I would say one of the RB's. Probably Dixon MAYBE LMJ (for a high pick). Also I could possibly see AJ Jenkins or Whitner being traded. Nobody would take Rogers at his contract and age

Dixon is a good example. Not a high-end player, but has value as a backup short yardage back and ST player. If we're sitting there in the mid 2nd round and wanting to move up from 61 into the 30s or 40s, maybe instead of packaging 61 with our 3rd rounder we could package 61 plus a 4th plus Dixon. Something like that.
maaaaaybe Parys Haralson to the Colts(Manusky) for a very very very very late draft pick .. if we pick up a DE/OLB in the early rounds
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Patrick Willis
Vernon Davis
Frank Gore

Do you think all three could get us into Tavon Austin range???!!!!! ZOMG DO IT

I don't have a working sarcasm detector. Please be kidding. Pleeeaaaase be kidding!!!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
IMO the only possible players are one of Chris Culliver/Brown/Rogers. With an outside chance of Haralson.

Don't see any of them actually but.....
The overrated Willis, trade him and his contract and let Fleming take his spot and get a 2nd rounder for Willis.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
The overrated Willis, trade him and his contract and let Fleming take his spot and get a 2nd rounder for Willis.

To actually answer seriously, I would say one of the RB's. Probably Dixon MAYBE LMJ (for a high pick). Also I could possibly see AJ Jenkins or Whitner being traded. Nobody would take Rogers at his contract and age

Jenkins isn't going anywhere. I may be in the minority but i really think Jenkins will be ok. As for whitner i will pay a team to take him.
Spizzy, i honestly don't think JH is going anywhere with LMJ. There is just so much we haven't seen of him yet. If Coach actually plays him in slot, or split wide of Kap, he is the guy on 3rd and 6 that you want to get the ball. So if kap goes thru his rotation, nobody open, then LMJ is the one guy we want to have the ball. I don't think more than 1 or 2 guys in the league can tackle him open field.

Don't make me laugh!
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Don't make me laugh!

Don't make me laugh!

Who Cares how much he can lift. Can you please explain to me how Navarro Bowman 3rd Rounder #91 in 2010 has already surpassed Willis in production? Look at the Last few Super Bowl Champion starting middle backers, 2012 Donnell Ellerbe undrafted Ravens, Chase Blackburn undrafted Giants, Desmond Bishop Low Rounder Packers. The inside LB positon is very overrated, trade Willis for a 2nd seriously.

Don't make me laugh!

Don't make me laugh!

Who Cares how much he can lift. Can you please explain to me how Navarro Bowman 3rd Rounder #91 in 2010 has already surpassed Willis in production? Look at the Last few Super Bowl Champion starting middle backers, 2012 Donnell Ellerbe undrafted Ravens, Chase Blackburn undrafted Giants, Desmond Bishop Low Rounder Packers. The inside LB positon is very overrated, trade Willis for a 2nd seriously.

Whoa i thought you were joking are u actually serious?

You really think we would trade LMJ or Jenkins?? Wow.

Don't make me laugh!

Don't make me laugh!

To set the record straight, players don't get traded for a reason on draft day, the SALARY CAP. Not easy to make a deal with a team for a player, who needs to pass medical to make trade work, needs the physical before it can be 100% done. Only times I have seen a trade on draft day with a player under contract was Aneas Williams back with the Cardinals, and Darrell Jackson from Seahawks to us. This isn't the NBA, players will not be dealt on draft day. Easier in NBA because all contracts are pretty much guaranteed, so swapping players for draft picks are easy for teams well under the cap.