There are 199 users in the forums

Likeliest players to be involved in draft-day deals?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Scott Tolzien.
Ode to Patrick;

I've been a 49ers fan for a long, long time. Every few times in a generation a player comes along that captures the imagination and most importantly the heart of fans. You can name them, Frankie Albert, Y.A. Tittle, Cedrick Hardman, Bob St.Clair, Leo Nomileni, Jimmy Johnson, John Brodie, Joe, Steve, Jerry, Ronnie. I'm sure I left many off. Patrick earns the right to be on that list, and the outstanding part is that his best days are ahead.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Ode to Patrick;

I've been a 49ers fan for a long, long time. Every few times in a generation a player comes along that captures the imagination and most importantly the heart of fans. You can name them, Frankie Albert, Y.A. Tittle, Cedrick Hardman, Bob St.Clair, Leo Nomileni, Jimmy Johnson, John Brodie, Joe, Steve, Jerry, Ronnie. I'm sure I left many off. Patrick earns the right to be on that list, and the outstanding part is that his best days are ahead.

never heard of most of them.
trade picks for future picks....
LaMichael James?
Originally posted by blake6905:

this. atleast one of those 2nd rounders should turn into a 2014 1st rounder. they need to get high picks for the year after cuz they have some hard decisions to make on which players to keep in 2015. gotta replace high cap numbers with talented rookies.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I could honestly see us giving up Hunter.
Vernon Davis: 1) cap room, 2) emotional immaturity (though much improved), 3) not on the same wave length as CK. Chemistry is important and he has never been a prototypical TE. Despite the "close locker-room appearance, I believe there was a real schism between Crabtree and Smith, Davis and Kaepernick. Davis finally saw the writing on the wall and jumped on the CK bandwagon but how real is this and will they get over themselves?

If they were able to take an Eifert or Ertz and a second tier guy (Escobar or Kelce) then VD would be expendable and the young TEs could learn and grow with Kaepernick.

But if Davis is now on board with CK and is OK with Crabtree being the main man...then a trade would be very doubtful.

Who would you be trading up to get? Offense? Defense? I honestly do not see a reason to trade up unless they really think there is a game breaker within reach--Austin? Milliner? Vaccaro? Lotulelei? Just don't see these guys as being that much better than the guys at 31 and 34. It would be more likely that they would trade some lower picks for another 2nd round selection.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 9, 2013 at 4:52 AM ]

trade picks for furniture
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Who Cares how much he can lift. Can you please explain to me how Navarro Bowman 3rd Rounder #91 in 2010 has already surpassed Willis in production? Look at the Last few Super Bowl Champion starting middle backers, 2012 Donnell Ellerbe undrafted Ravens, Chase Blackburn undrafted Giants, Desmond Bishop Low Rounder Packers. The inside LB positon is very overrated, trade Willis for a 2nd seriously.

Good lord man, do you understand that teams target Willis for double teams more than Bowman?
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Apr 9, 2013 at 6:50 AM ]

Originally posted by NTeply49:
LaMichael James?
Yeah get rid of him. His tweets are boring.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Who Cares how much he can lift. Can you please explain to me how Navarro Bowman 3rd Rounder #91 in 2010 has already surpassed Willis in production? Look at the Last few Super Bowl Champion starting middle backers, 2012 Donnell Ellerbe undrafted Ravens, Chase Blackburn undrafted Giants, Desmond Bishop Low Rounder Packers. The inside LB positon is very overrated, trade Willis for a 2nd seriously.

Good lord man, do you understand that teams target Willis for double teams more than Bowman?

....Scott Mcloughlin is that you ???
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Apr 9, 2013 at 7:43 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninermedic:

trade picks for furniture
this is the truth. we are not trading players on draft day. we may trade up to get a guy we really want and then we will trade picks to get picks for the future,, blake and medic are very wise and can see the big picture
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
The overrated Willis, trade him and his contract and let Fleming take his spot and get a 2nd rounder for Willis.

and wolf thinks I am nuts
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
What is this? The NBA? These sorts of trades happen but they are rare.

I know. My question stands.

Ok if it happens I hope its Rogers or whitner
Share 49ersWebzone