LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

who will Nnamdi Asomugha replace if he earns a starting position?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With the addition to Nnamdi Asomugha, it will be interesting to see who will earn the starting Corner back roles in are defense, So if Namdi does earn a starting role who will he replace?
Carlos Rogers
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Nobody !!!!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Nobody.

Nobody on a 1 year deal is getting anybody else off this roster.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Carlos Rogers

Wouldn't be mad. If he out plays him so be it.
I hope no corners get cut lets keep em all
If and it's a big if...my bet is he pushes Cully to safety or Brown to Slot. We will want his size on the outside and Carlos doesn't seem to have the quicks to run with slot receivers.
  • WiL7
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
If and it's a big if...my bet is he pushes Cully to safety or Brown to Slot. We will want his size on the outside and Carlos doesn't seem to have the quicks to run with slot receivers.

That's exactly what I was thinking. T. Brown is IMO our best slot cover guy. Especially on the short in, outs, drags and hitches, it's the deep routes/jump balls that sometimes gets him. AND if we draft a SS like Reid, McDonald or Cyprien, than I would rather him sit and learn like Dashon did and let Cully be our centerfielder.
[ Edited by WiL7 on Apr 2, 2013 at 6:17 PM ]
same exact conversation going on in aso thread
Dahl

Tramaine brock or Parrish Cox

If both Nhamdi and Carlos plays well I doubt we can afford to keep them both.

I think we will draft a CB too.

Nhamdi
Carlos
Cully
T Brown
Rookie
P Cox (Practice squad / cut)
T Brock (P squad / cut)
EREBODY!!!!!
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

Brown to slot is the answer.
Originally posted by WiL7:
That's exactly what I was thinking. T. Brown is IMO our best slot cover guy. Especially on the short in, outs, drags and hitches, it's the deep routes/jump balls that sometimes gets him. AND if we draft a SS like Reid, McDonald or Cyprien, than I would rather him sit and learn like Dashon did and let Cully be our centerfielder.

Culliver stays at CB.
Originally posted by 60sfan:
Originally posted by WiL7:

Culliver stays at CB.
okay then who leaves. i doubt they carry 6 corners.

cully moves to safety. if he starts then so be it, but he will work in at safety as a backup.
Share 49ersWebzone