LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Craig Dahl

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

GM Trent Baalke must be ecstatic. The last time he had this many people calling him an idiot, he was named NFL Executive of the Year. (2011)
All the people that are freaking out need to settle down, multiple people have already said he wasn't signed to be the starter, out ST was awful last season, clearly the FO is trying to take care of that. So relax people.
I was hoping for woodson or reed
And Woodson and Reed wouldn't play much special teams.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
ram fans laughing their asses off haha

http://www.clanram.com/forums/f58/signed-s-craig-dahl-51163/

LOL. I love how "49ers" has been censored on their site. I guess that's what happens when you've tormented a franchise for decades.

In regards to Dahl, he's clearly not the long-term answer at FS. He's here for depth and special teams, but could be a spot starter if needed.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

GM Trent Baalke must be ecstatic. The last time he had this many people calling him an idiot, he was named NFL Executive of the Year. (2011)

• lazy
  • Veteran
ram fans laughing their asses off haha

http://www.clanram.com/forums/f58/signed-s-craig-dahl-51163/
I can take their 3 fans laughing at us.

LOL @ that fanbase.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

@1:03... GREAT!!! This crazy dude is going to accidentally tackle some of our guys... $H!t, we're F****D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Worst signing ever. Even worse than Antonio Langham and Fred weary. This guy sucks.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Why is everyone listing him as a FS? Everything I look at has him at SS.

Also, just thought I'd throw this out there, even though it's been a few years.... Dude had a very good Combine and Pro Day. 4.5 40 and good agility drills. He actually performed much better than Goldson while being half an inch shorter and 10 lbs. heavier.

Some people needed to get their facts straight.

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Why is everyone listing him as a FS? Everything I look at has him at SS.

Also, just thought I'd throw this out there, even though it's been a few years.... Dude had a very good Combine and Pro Day. 4.5 40 and good agility drills. He actually performed much better than Goldson while being half an inch shorter and 10 lbs. heavier.

Some people needed to get their facts straight.

yeah he is not going to be a FS, he is going to be a backup to Whitner. The question now becomes, what is Spillmans role?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
i don't think you sign a guy to a 3 year deal just to "compete". His spot as the backup FS is pretty much guaranteed.

His ST ability got him the 3 year deal. He's not going to keep us from making other moves at FS since we're still looking for a starter. He'll compete in the sense that he provides depth at FS and could start if all else fails, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. There are tons of players in this league guaranteed backup spots for ST skills. That doesn't mean they're guaranteed to be the top backup or will keep clubs from trying to get better at whatever position they're listed at.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
rams fans making fun of us, hoping he starts all 16 games, FML

http://www.clanram.com/forums/f58/craig-dahl-visiting-51159/

LOL! Rightfully so...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This guy was probably signed for chump change and is easily expendable. Honestly, I feel more comfortable having Dahl as depth than what we have right now.
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Dahl did his due diligence & asked the 49ers which other safeties they've brought in. Said he wouldn't be disappointed if others are signed.

Hes more then likely not our starter but at least he wants to compete.
Share 49ersWebzone