LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Craig Dahl

Shop 49ers game tickets
Skuta 2.0 If he ever sees the field outside of special teams we've got problems.
Front office choke job.
Trying not to over react but its hard..... We can draft special teams players. This dude has had 4 interceptions in 4 seasons.
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Dahl did his due diligence & asked the 49ers which other safeties they've brought in. Said he wouldn't be disappointed if others are signed.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Why is everyone listing him as a FS? Everything I look at has him at SS.

Also, just thought I'd throw this out there, even though it's been a few years.... Dude had a very good Combine and Pro Day. 4.5 40 and good agility drills. He actually performed much better than Goldson while being half an inch shorter and 10 lbs. heavier.

Some people needed to get their facts straight.

He's played both. I guess we're referring to him as a FS because that's where our need is.

His combine results indicate he'd be a good special teams player. There is also some physical talent there.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

GM Trent Baalke must be ecstatic. The last time he had this many people calling him an idiot, he was named NFL Executive of the Year. (2011)

Yeah, I love that tweet by Matt, it really gets me pumped up. I trust Trent's judgement.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Mar 16, 2013 at 2:47 PM ]
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Trying not to over react but its hard..... We can draft special teams players. This dude has had 4 interceptions in 4 seasons.

he white lol! jk yea thats pretty bad...
Couldn't one of their 14 draft picks play ST? This move is puzzling.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Couldn't one of their 14 draft picks play ST? This move is puzzling.

Yes, and one of the 14 draft picks can still beat him out.
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
Front office choke job.

He was signed to help shore up our pathetic coverage units which ended up 2nd worst in the league.

He wont be asked to start. Some of you guys need to calm down!!!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Why is everyone listing him as a FS? Everything I look at has him at SS.

Also, just thought I'd throw this out there, even though it's been a few years.... Dude had a very good Combine and Pro Day. 4.5 40 and good agility drills. He actually performed much better than Goldson while being half an inch shorter and 10 lbs. heavier.

Some people needed to get their facts straight.

yeah he is not going to be a FS, he is going to be a backup to Whitner. The question now becomes, what is Spillmans role?

ALL THIS
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
ram fans laughing their asses off haha

http://www.clanram.com/forums/f58/signed-s-craig-dahl-51163/

jokes on them..at least we didn't lose our star running back and #1 WR
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This guy was probably signed for chump change and is easily expendable. Honestly, I feel more comfortable having Dahl as depth than what we have right now.

I agree 100%. People need to stop crying already. Ed Reed was never going to happen, not if he turned down $5 mil a year from Houston. Woodson is old and creaky and Packers fans are hoping that the 49ers make him a starter much as the Rams are with this guy. I think Dahl is depth, he's going to help improve the special teams and play Goldson's role on ST. I don't think the 49ers are going to replace Goldson with just one guy and Dahl is part of that equation. He's also going to be cheap, so its quality, experienced depth at a very low price.

Not sure what people really have to cry about with this signing?
dam our all stud defense just got a cheek in the armor :/ hope we not done, maybe namdi will come around *crosses fingers*
Share 49ersWebzone