LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Akers cut

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Some of you are total aholes. We got to the Super Bowl despite Akers having a bad year and despite the two Rams games. Good guy, bad year. Good luck David.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Beeker:
I said it in another thread - Looney comes out of camp as the starting center.

Why do you think Looney is the front runner?

When they spoke with Looney on locker cleanout day, he said that he had been practicing at all 3 interior line positions, but mostly concentrating on center. I have a firm belief that the plan has been to have him be starting center next year. No hard evidence other than gut feeling.
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Some of you are total aholes. We got to the Super Bowl despite Akers having a bad year and despite the two Rams games. Good guy, bad year. Good luck David.

He is a good guy, and his record setting year was something to watch, and the 63 yarder this year. If he wasnt hurt, I'm sure he would have done better, but at $3 million, with so many other needs, good kickers in the draft that will be a whole lot cheaper, even with a good 2012 I'm not so sure he would have been back.

Hope he heals up well and lands somewhere this fall.
Originally posted by Beeker:
When they spoke with Looney on locker cleanout day, he said that he had been practicing at all 3 interior line positions, but mostly concentrating on center. I have a firm belief that the plan has been to have him be starting center next year. No hard evidence other than gut feeling.

When I read this I had the same feeling. +1
Originally posted by frozen49er:
He is a good guy, and his record setting year was something to watch, and the 63 yarder this year. If he wasnt hurt, I'm sure he would have done better, but at $3 million, with so many other needs, good kickers in the draft that will be a whole lot cheaper, even with a good 2012 I'm not so sure he would have been back.

Hope he heals up well and lands somewhere this fall.

This! And i think it's very likely that he ends up on another team.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Reported...

Yeah..you guys hijack an akers thread to bash Alex Smith, I comment on it and I'm the one that is butt hurt.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Mar 6, 2013 at 10:42 PM ]
This thread is really starting to deliver.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Reported...

Yeah..you guys hijack an akers thread to bash Alex Smith, I comment on it and I'm the one that is butt hurt.

By reporting him you reaffirmed his post.

Just sayin. Don't report me too....

Peace Akers!
Never forgetting the 63 yarder.
[ Edited by RealShaloop on Mar 7, 2013 at 12:48 AM ]
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:

Whilst I don't disagree with the rest of your post, don't flare out at fellow posters like that.
Share 49ersWebzone