LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Akers cut

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
release him already
the poor guy was injured half the season. I wish we had gone with the rookie we had on the roster at the beginning of the season
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xtm059:
the poor guy was injured half the season. I wish we had gone with the rookie we had on the roster at the beginning of the season

well then the coaches were idiots for playing him when he was hurt. they should have signed kaeding right after the first rams loss. they bungled this thing from the start and the sooner he gets cut the better. i thought they would do it on the way home from the super bowl
Give him Flacco money !
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Give him Flacco money !
You're in the wrong thread this isn't the kap thread... Really though cut him because of his cost, if he comes back for vet min i'd consider it but he has to compete with a young leg

Tavecchio? (sp?)
Perfect in the SB.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
we could use the cap savings. draft a rookie. for as explosive as this offense is under Kaep, we won't kick many FGs anyways and when we do they will be chippies. Point afters, kickoffs, and short FGs will be all the rook has to do

you still need a good kicker, what if ck gets hurt or our offense actually gets stopped? no you bring someone in off the street and get a nice kicker with your fifth or sixth round pick. we have seen what happens when this team takes ANY part of special teams for granted, it always bites us in the ass. do not assume anything

We have to come away with Hopkins or Sturgis in the draft. I don't care if we get them a round early, we have to secure one of them.

Trade 31st and 34th to move up in the first and draft a kicker

what are we the raiders...

Good idea, trade 31st and 34th for Sebastian Janikowski
Originally posted by cciowa:

well then the coaches were idiots for playing him when he was hurt. they should have signed kaeding right after the first rams loss. they bungled this thing from the start and the sooner he gets cut the better. i thought they would do it on the way home from the super bowl

They were being cheap like usual and tried to just "get by" with Akers. /sigh

I know there weren't a lot of other options but we clearly went with the worst option.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayArea:
They were being cheap like usual and tried to just "get by" with Akers. /sigh

I know there weren't a lot of other options but we clearly went with the worst option.
they stood still and as you said that is the worst thing they could have done. we were like a spayed b***h in heat. we stood still with akers and got screwed

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Perfect in the SB.

Credit where credit is due.

I love Akers, but his time as a player is over.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Perfect in the SB.

Credit where credit is due.

I love Akers, but his time as a player is over.

we need our own legatron
Heard he tried to shoot himself the other day, but he missed wide right
Just saw on twitter that Akers is gone
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone