There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Akers cut

With all of our picks, we should have plenty of holes filled by the time the 5th round rolls around to grab our next kicker for a few years. Wish Akers the best, but would have been very mad to see him back next year.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
i never forgot

I sure as hell stopped caring about it though

LOL same here.
Dustin Hopkins in the 5th
Good Riddens, now sign a Street free agent cheap.
Good riddance, hopefully we draft a stud kicker in rounds 4-5
Why the hate? He had a bad year after a major surgery. He's been a contributor over the years, last year especially. If he regains form, he'll be helpful for someone else. Sorry it didn't work out. A reasonable move for us. Draft or free agent, let's get it settled by June.
I suspect it's not his form but it's his salary that's getting him cut, need to clear cap space and he's on too much.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
we could use the cap savings. draft a rookie. for as explosive as this offense is under Kaep, we won't kick many FGs anyways and when we do they will be chippies. Point afters, kickoffs, and short FGs will be all the rook has to do

you still need a good kicker, what if ck gets hurt or our offense actually gets stopped? no you bring someone in off the street and get a nice kicker with your fifth or sixth round pick. we have seen what happens when this team takes ANY part of special teams for granted, it always bites us in the ass. do not assume anything

We have to come away with Hopkins or Sturgis in the draft. I don't care if we get them a round early, we have to secure one of them.

Trade 31st and 34th to move up in the first and draft a kicker
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
we could use the cap savings. draft a rookie. for as explosive as this offense is under Kaep, we won't kick many FGs anyways and when we do they will be chippies. Point afters, kickoffs, and short FGs will be all the rook has to do

you still need a good kicker, what if ck gets hurt or our offense actually gets stopped? no you bring someone in off the street and get a nice kicker with your fifth or sixth round pick. we have seen what happens when this team takes ANY part of special teams for granted, it always bites us in the ass. do not assume anything

We have to come away with Hopkins or Sturgis in the draft. I don't care if we get them a round early, we have to secure one of them.

Trade 31st and 34th to move up in the first and draft a kicker

what are we the raiders...
Thanks Dave - you gave us one sensational year.

This year wasn't good at all - Best of luck at your new location.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Thanks Dave - you gave us one sensational year.

This year wasn't good at all - Best of luck at your new location.

To be sure, SOMEONE will give Akers a try. I don't wish anything bad on the guy, but man there are two things that smell like booty. One is booty and the other was David Akers last year. That guy killed us! Just ask the Rams.

One great season for us followed by one horrible season for us. Time to pack your bags, D.A.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I wish David well. He had a great career and a great year ('11) for the 49ers, but father time has obviously caught up to him.
Thank you, good luck and good bye!