LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Akers cut

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
we could use the cap savings. draft a rookie. for as explosive as this offense is under Kaep, we won't kick many FGs anyways and when we do they will be chippies. Point afters, kickoffs, and short FGs will be all the rook has to do

you still need a good kicker, what if ck gets hurt or our offense actually gets stopped? no you bring someone in off the street and get a nice kicker with your fifth or sixth round pick. we have seen what happens when this team takes ANY part of special teams for granted, it always bites us in the ass. do not assume anything
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
even though he struggled this year, i will never forget that 63 yarder vs GB.

+1 I got see that in person and the whole team's reaction was epic
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
we could use the cap savings. draft a rookie. for as explosive as this offense is under Kaep, we won't kick many FGs anyways and when we do they will be chippies. Point afters, kickoffs, and short FGs will be all the rook has to do

you still need a good kicker, what if ck gets hurt or our offense actually gets stopped? no you bring someone in off the street and get a nice kicker with your fifth or sixth round pick. we have seen what happens when this team takes ANY part of special teams for granted, it always bites us in the ass. do not assume anything

We have to come away with Hopkins or Sturgis in the draft. I don't care if we get them a round early, we have to secure one of them.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by cciowa:

We have to come away with Hopkins or Sturgis in the draft. I don't care if we get them a round early, we have to secure one of them.
of course this is the truth,, akers made me so mad i almost wanted to kick your penis i am sorry, it was the closest thing to me at the time
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

+1 I got see that in person and the whole team's reaction was epic

i am not as nice as you guys,, f**k him and his 63 yard field goal,. he f**ked us over so bad late in the year and the coaches stood around playing checkers and let it happen
Originally posted by mayo49:

How can you hit a 63 yarder, but miss all those other kicks?

you guys think he will can another shot elsewhere? he is what 38?
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

This is long over due. I love the Breaking Bad Eisenberg reference!!
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Theres some insightful reporting right there. Is their some type of an award he can win for breaking this?
probably
We can find someone a lot cheaper and younger to make MORE than 29-42 FG attempts!
Originally posted by aTx49er:
We can find someone a lot cheaper and younger to make MORE than 29-42 FG attempts!

Well, let's hope he or only needs to kick extra points.

Hopkins in the 5th
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Now we should trade our first round pick to the Raider's for Sebastian Janikowski.
[ Edited by lazy on Mar 4, 2013 at 9:48 AM ]
he was good, struggled this year but didnt cost us the big game
he did get us to the playoffs last year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
he was good, struggled this year but didnt cost us the big game
he did get us to the playoffs last year
he costs us two rams games which i call big, he then planted a seed where he could not be trusted. i tensed up every time we attempted a chip shot. we are damn lucky he did not cost us the atlanta game,, remember the look on the coaches faces when he hooked a chip shot before half. i hate him
My seats for that 63 harder was in that end zone. Was crazy how deflated the packers fans were at halftime. I can say thank you to Akers for a record 2011 and witnessing the 63 in GB.

We get to clear up over $3M from this move and draft the best kicker in April
Share 49ersWebzone