There are 192 users in the forums

Akers cut

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I hated his guts during the season, but I still wish him the best. He's a good guy, and despite our worst fears, he didn't cost us in the post season.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Mar 4, 2013 at 10:18 AM ]
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
we need to find our own LEGatron in the draft we have enough picks
Can we get a Clydesdale from one of those budwiser commercial?
Originally posted by mayo49:
How can you hit a 63 yarder, but miss all those other kicks?

Maybe he injured himself on that kick
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

Dustin Hopkins

Originally posted by DRnSFw:
There are three prospects who should be available in the fifth or sixth and two of them have real strong legs. I've really never seen anything like what happened to Akers. If you watched him in pregame warmups, it was always the same. He'd be knocking everything in from all angles and distances. Then the game would start and he'd go to hell. Very strange mental block.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
of course this is the truth,, akers made me so mad i almost wanted to kick your penis i am sorry, it was the closest thing to me at the time

Im shocked
Bironas or Dawson?
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
Im shocked

This...

Originally posted by robniner:
Bironas or Dawson?

Forget bringing in an old, worn out retread. Draft a kicker in rd 4 or 5. Pay him league minimum. Watch him be better than Akers this year.
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by robniner:
Bironas or Dawson?

Forget bringing in an old, worn out retread. Draft a kicker in rd 4 or 5. Pay him league minimum. Watch him be better than Akers this year.

^^This
Draft the kicker from Florida or FSU.
Almost cost us a first round bye.

We are 13-3 again without this asshat
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM ]
Has this guy been cut yet?
I like this decision. He was elite one season for us and cost us several games the next. He kicked a 63 yarder and then missed some 30 yarders. Plus he is 38 and has seen some wear and tear.

We need a fresh young kicker from the draft. Take a page from the Ravens and draft a long term solution so when we are inside 50 we are getting the 3 points automatic.
Share 49ersWebzone