There are 162 users in the forums

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Revis can notbe franchised.

Right, I forgot about that.
http://www.nfl.com/photos/0ap1000000147634/0ap2000000147566

Here ya go, homers!
  • thl408
Originally posted by Beeker:

Here ya go, homers!
Awesome! We retain Goldson, bring back Abreau Franklin and Shawntae Spencer. Is this the future or the past?
Originally posted by thl408:

Here ya go, homers!
Awesome! We retain Goldson, bring back Abreau Franklin and Shawntae Spencer. Is this the future or the past?

michael lewis too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by rxrunner:

Here ya go, homers!

I hope the coach doesn't come with them.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by rxrunner:

Here ya go, homers!

I hope the coach doesn't come with them.

I just thought the picture of Revis as a 49er would get some excited LMAO
No. No. No. No. Knee, too much trade, too much money, and too much diva
Originally posted by crimsontide:
No. No. No. No. Knee, too much trade, too much money, and too much diva

too much WTF

Here ya go, homers!

NFL.com has some horrible photoshop skills
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

And I sfisfnt mean to come off rusfe I was back from my break at that time. So just wanted to throw it out there.

And my sfamn D button isn't working again.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

And I sfisfnt mean to come off rusfe I was back from my break at that time. So just wanted to throw it out there.

And my sfamn D button isn't working again.

No prblmfm.

I think we should trade pick 63 and extend Revis now. 4 years, $48 million should do it. Put some protective language in the contract to protect us and give us an out after next year in case Revis is just not close to the Revis of old. Because he'll never have a chance to win anything on the Jets, the only thing he can try to win at is being the highest paid defensive player in football. I think if he were a San Francisco 49er, he would be ok just being the highest paid CB in the league.

Second, I think if we want to, we can afford him. Think about it...Goldson is gone. Maybe Delanie. We should let Soap and RJF go as well. We should cut Haralson and Manningham too because of his injury. After next season is over, we cut Whitner and Rogers, and don't extend Tarrel Brown. We also cut Goodwin as well. So Culliver and Revis will be our starting corners with two new safeties that we should draft in this year's draft, with the FS draftee starting this year in place of Goldson. We also draft a CB this year to play nickel with Perrish Cox and we're good.

So FS draftee, SS draftee, CB draftee, Culliver , Revis in the secondary. That is not too pricey IMO, and costs less than our current secondary. NT draftee, RayMac, and J. Smith (who will also not be around more than a couple more years prob and he'll be off the books) on the D-line. Then extend Aldon after this season. And don't forget Gore only has a couple years left probably and his cost will be gone (hopefully replaced by Lattimore). Akers saves a lot as well.

I think we can extend Aldon, Kap, Crabs, Iupati, and Davis if we make the cuts mentioned above. So in 2013 going into 2014, we will have new K, C, 2nd TE, FS, SS, CB, NT, and possibly DE. The players these new draftees are replacing cost A LOT of money. Look at all the cash saved from churning out all these players:

1. Whitner
2. Goldson
3. Rogers
4. T. Brown
5. Soap
6. RJF
7. Moss
8. Goodwin
9. Walker
10. Manningham
11. Akers
12. Haralson

I think we can afford Revis at $12m/year, IF we want him of course and he agrees, which I think he would.
[ Edited by ezekiel40 on Mar 8, 2013 at 8:16 PM ]
Originally posted by ezekiel40:
I think we should trade pick 63 and extend Revis now. 4 years, $48 million should do it. Put some protective language in the contract to protect us and give us an out after next year in case Revis is just not close to the Revis of old. Because he'll never have a chance to win anything on the Jets, the only thing he can try to win at is being the highest paid defensive player in football. I think if he were a San Francisco 49er, he would be ok just being the highest paid CB in the league.

Second, I think if we want to, we can afford him. Think about it...Goldson is gone. Maybe Delanie. We should let Soapand RJF go as well. We should cut Manningham too because of his injury. After next season is over, we cut Whitner and Rogers, and don't extend Tarrel Brown. We also cut Goodwin as well. So Culliver and Revis will be our starting corners with two new safeties that we should draft in this year's draft, with the FS draftee starting this year in place of Goldson. We also draft a CB this year to play nickel with Perrish Cox and we're good.

So FS draftee, SS draftee, CB draftee, Culliver , Revis in the secondary. That is not too pricey IMO, and costs less than our current secondary. NT draftee, RayMac, and J. Smith (who will also not be around more than a couple more years prob and he'll be off the books) on the D-line. Then extend Aldon after this season. And don't forget Gore only has a couple years left probably and his cost will be gone (hopefully replaced by Lattimore).

I think we can extend Aldon, Kap, Crabs, Iupati, and Davis if we make the cuts mentioned above. So in 2013 going into 2014, we will have new C, 2nd TE, FS, SS, CB, NT, and possibly DE. The players these new draftees are replacing cost A LOT of money. Look at all the cash saved from churning out all these players:

1. Whitner
2. Goldson
3. Rogers
4. T. Brown
5. Soap
6. RJF
7. Moss
8. Goodwin
9. Walker
10. Manningham

I think we can afford Revis at $12m/year, IF we want him of course and he agrees, which I think he would.

I think we should buy him for a year like we did with Moss. Give him the least we can get away with. Hope it pays off with a superbowl and then let him go as we develop a rookie behind him. I don't think he is realistic long term for us and if we do win a superbowl that will only give him more reason to demand more money. We should basically handle it like we did Deon and pay him for a year, get that trophy, and then say "see ya".

Second, I think if we want to, we can afford him. Think about it...Goldson is gone. Maybe Delanie. We should let Soap and RJF go as well. We should cut Haralson and Manningham too because of his injury. After next season is over, we cut Whitner and Rogers, and don't extend Tarrel Brown. We also cut Goodwin as well. So Culliver and Revis will be our starting corners with two new safeties that we should draft in this year's draft, with the FS draftee starting this year in place of Goldson. We also draft a CB this year to play nickel with Perrish Cox and we're good.

So FS draftee, SS draftee, CB draftee, Culliver , Revis in the secondary. That is not too pricey IMO, and costs less than our current secondary. NT draftee, RayMac, and J. Smith (who will also not be around more than a couple more years prob and he'll be off the books) on the D-line. Then extend Aldon after this season. And don't forget Gore only has a couple years left probably and his cost will be gone (hopefully replaced by Lattimore). Akers saves a lot as well.

I think we can extend Aldon, Kap, Crabs, Iupati, and Davis if we make the cuts mentioned above. So in 2013 going into 2014, we will have new K, C, 2nd TE, FS, SS, CB, NT, and possibly DE. The players these new draftees are replacing cost A LOT of money. Look at all the cash saved from churning out all these players:

1. Whitner
2. Goldson
3. Rogers
4. T. Brown
5. Soap
6. RJF
7. Moss
8. Goodwin
9. Walker
10. Manningham
11. Akers
12. Haralson

Your thinking is right except for all the Revis stuff.

We will have to let those above players go just so we can sign the rest of our players, then we can replace them with draft picks. Any Revis dealings will throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing. We need all of our draft picks, and we need all of that money from releasing / letting the above players walk.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

1. Whitner
2. Goldson
3. Rogers
4. T. Brown
5. Soap
6. RJF
7. Moss
8. Goodwin
9. Walker
10. Manningham
11. Akers
12. Haralson

Your thinking is right except for all the Revis stuff.

We will have to let those above players go just so we can sign the rest of our players, then we can replace them with draft picks. Any Revis dealings will throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing. We need all of our draft picks, and we need all of that money from releasing / letting the above players walk.

There are many reasons for letting players go so money is not the only one. If guys are picked off by other teams, ala Morgan by Washington, or ask too much, as in Goldson last time, they will be allowed to check the FA market and will be replaced. Goldson replaced himself when the market proved to be luke warm. Some will sign for a discount to stay with the 9ers. They are also checking the FA market for pass rushers and CBs.

Unlikely they will use and need all their draft picks this year. I expect they will trade some to move up and others for future picks.
Share 49ersWebzone