There are 180 users in the forums

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1546893-san-francisco-49ers-reportedly-interested-in-trading-for-darrelle-revis

If this goes down, we're gonna have to draft a free safety early in the draft to replace Goldson as this would be the writing on the wall.
[ Edited by ezekiel40 on Feb 27, 2013 at 2:55 PM ]
One one hand - it's like the Deion Sanders's deal that put us over the top

On the other - it handcuffs us for guys like Iupati, Crabtree, Aldon, and Kaep.

I'm on the fence
YES.

He may want $16 mil a year but coming off major surgery, he won't get it. Baalke should try to negotiate something in the $10-12 year range and GET ER' DONE.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I'm on the fence

What if Goldson doesn't get resigned?
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I'm on the fence

What if Goldson doesn't get resigned?

and replace with a draftee IDK. It's just against Baalke's MO to go after the big $$ guys.
No. Major surgery and regular holdouts?

The draft. Dominate for a decade.
We are interested in him as a one year rental

Two sources tell Yahoo Sports the 49ers are "poised to make a run" at Darrelle Revis after stockpiling 15 picks in the 2013 draft.
The Niners only have 12 picks right now, but will get three more via the compensatory process. Per Yahoo's Jason Cole, the 49ers have considered pursuing Revis and not extending his contract, forcing Revis to play out 2013 at $6 million via bonuses and salary. Cole suggests Atlanta could make a Revis run, as well. If San Francisco acquired Revis, it'd likely surrender one of its two top-34 picks, or perhaps even both. Jets GM John Idzik should be on the phone with 49ers GM Trent Baalke. Idzik needs roster-building pieces, and Baalke has them

Im fine with that cuz we have a s**t load of draft picks and lets be real we arent going to use them all anyway and i dont want to pay him 16 million a year and risk losing one of our guys like Crabtree, Anthony Davis or Iupati
I don't know what to say.
Meh, I'd rather have the Niners draft Leon Sandcastle.

Originally posted by English:

I'm with English. Revis has been a regular holdout for the Jets, no amount of money will ever be enough for him. Forget him, this draft is rich with CB's and safeties, 49ers have the picks to find quality players who can be had for very affordable salaries.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
If we only want him for one year that should mean two things:

1) We certainly will not be cutting Carlos Rogers
2) We certainly should not be trading our #31 or #34, maybe next year's 2nd rounder (not KC's conditional)
Originally posted by valrod33:
We are interested in him as a one year rental

Two sources tell Yahoo Sports the 49ers are "poised to make a run" at Darrelle Revis after stockpiling 15 picks in the 2013 draft.
The Niners only have 12 picks right now, but will get three more via the compensatory process. Per Yahoo's Jason Cole, the 49ers have considered pursuing Revis and not extending his contract, forcing Revis to play out 2013 at $6 million via bonuses and salary. Cole suggests Atlanta could make a Revis run, as well. If San Francisco acquired Revis, it'd likely surrender one of its two top-34 picks, or perhaps even both. Jets GM John Idzik should be on the phone with 49ers GM Trent Baalke. Idzik needs roster-building pieces, and Baalke has them

Im fine with that cuz we have a s**t load of draft picks and lets be real we arent going to use them all anyway and i dont want to pay him 16 million a year and risk losing one of our guys like Crabtree, Anthony Davis or Iupati

I think that'd be absolutely retarded to give up a Top 60 pick for a guy who would only be there for a year. Its not something that I see Baalke doing....it doesn't mesh at all with what his philosophy has been thus far. Also, what's to say that Revis simply doesn't holdout like he's so fond of doing, now you get a rental for a partial season......bad idea.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 27, 2013 at 3:02 PM ]
I do not want to trade our 1st even though low for a rental and when that rental is coming off an acl injury
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I'm with English. Revis has been a regular holdout for the Jets, no amount of money will ever be enough for him. Forget him, this draft is rich with CB's and safeties, 49ers have the picks to find quality players who can be had for very affordable salaries.

It's troublesome, for sure. But I have to believe part of his issue is that he has always been on terrible (or average) teams.

With an extension we can build in hold out penalties. And I guess I'm not as worried about the knee injury. I'm assuming our medical staff knows what they're doing in a pre-trade medical evaluation.

^^This
Just say no to Revis. Build through the draft, and extend your good core players.
Share 49ersWebzone