There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
24 hours ago, if somebody asked you if you would trade Alex Smith for Darrelle Revis and a 2014 2nd or 3rd Rounder, would you do it?

We overvalue picks.

Thank You!!!!

Make it happen Baalke! Revis with that front 7 is going to be so dangerous. I'd let Dashon go too and sign Revis to a long term contract.
Yes without a doubt Goldson can be replaced! He's a strong safety playing free safety anyway! Revis will put us over the top, my only concern is if we trade for Revis we will not find a competent receiver outside of Crabtree. I want Harvin on this team bad!
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Also, after his twitter war with Richard Sherman, we know Revis will ball out against the Seahawks, and that's really the only team that remotely scares me next season.
  • jwine
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I would pass on Revis. Building through the draft is the way to go.

I say we have enough picks to build through the draft and trade for Revis, for a year, and let him teach the young DBs. Like Randy did for the receivers and other teammates this year.
[ Edited by jwine on Feb 27, 2013 at 3:30 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I would pass on Revis. Building through the draft is the way to go.

We have 15 picks in this draft, we can still build and add the best CB in the game

Majorly this.
Reviscatraz
Build through the draft and leave the "Dream" secenarios to the Eagles and the Raiders
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir:
Do it for a 1 year rental.

We'll be better off to extending him for 3-4 years. This is the time to get the right deal for Revis. He is coming off an injury, and is in last year of the contract. He'll want security. Structure a deal which will give us an opportunity to get out of it next year in March if he isn't the same...and if we continues to be the best CB than we pay him 13-14M a year.
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Reviscatraz

We're gonna have to work on this... But I like where you're going with it
Bleacher report is not a source and I saw the interview with fat arse Cole sitting in his home office like I am doing now. Pure speculation. Baalke/Harbaugh like good football players who put the team first. Revis could screw all that up.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Build through the draft and leave the "Dream" secenarios to the Eagles and the Raiders

Exactly.
Never gonna happen. Baalkie would lose alot of credibility ith a move like this. It simply isaint a good idea, and its not Baalkies style.

We have a ton of key players coming up on contracts.

Build through the draft. It is what has gotten us here, and it is what will keep us here.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Reviscatraz

We're gonna have to work on this... But I like where you're going with it

someone take this and put him in a niner uni and make it alcatraz.

Originally posted by baltien:
YES.

He may want $16 mil a year but coming off major surgery, he won't get it. Baalke should try to negotiate something in the $10-12 year range and GET ER' DONE.

OK, let's look closer at this:

We may have to give up, "potentially No. 31 overall and/or No. 34 overall in the 2013 draft." I would only give up one of these picks.

Salary: We let Rogers go: Rogers = $7,344,531 in 2013
Revis: Will be in the 9-11 million range.

We can certainly afford it esp. when you also factor in the following potential cuts:

Cuts:
Alex (- $9,750,000) - gone; replaced by rookie
Goodwin (- $5,016,668) - gone; replaced by Looney/Kilgore
Manningham (- $4,950,000) - gone; injury settlement; replaced by AJ & Williams is back
Whitner (- $4,933,333) - gone; replaced by Goldson (SS); FS battle = Spillman/Robinson/Culliver/high draft pick
Akers (- $3,616,668) - gone; replaced by draft pick
Haralson (- $2,870,000) - gone; replaced by draft pick and Johnson/Fleming
Soapoaga - gone; replaced by high draft pick
RJF - gone; replaced by Ian Williams
Moss - gone; replaced by Lockett and high draft pick

Retain:
Walker (+ $4,000,000) - signed to 2 year deal for 8 million
Goldson (+ $7,250,000) - signed to 4 year 30 million

Bottom line = we can do this! He can help shut down half the field (remember Deion Sanders?) and Revis has a BIG chip on his shoulder. We take him this year on his current salary, we are getting a veteran with a chip on his shoulder in a contract year playing against Richard Sherman's mouth x2 a year! And let's not forget, we'll probably negotiate for for a deal in the 10-million range d/t the injury and for HIM, a chance to play and win on a Superbowl team.

No brainer...
Originally posted by Wrathman:
^^This
Just say no to Revis. Build through the draft, and extend your good core players.

This draft is deep with talent. Just build through the draft.
Originally posted by NCommand:
OK, let's look closer at this:

We may have to give up, "potentially No. 31 overall and/or No. 34 overall in the 2013 draft." I would only give up one of these picks.

Salary: We let Rogers go: Rogers = $7,344,531 in 2013
Revis: Will be in the 9-11 million range.

We can certainly afford it esp. when you also factor in the following potential cuts:

Cuts:
Alex (- $9,750,000) - gone; replaced by rookie
Goodwin (- $5,016,668) - gone; replaced by Looney/Kilgore
Manningham (- $4,950,000) - gone; injury settlement; replaced by AJ & Williams is back
Whitner (- $4,933,333) - gone; replaced by Goldson (SS); FS battle = Spillman/Robinson/Culliver/high draft pick
Akers (- $3,616,668) - gone; replaced by draft pick
Haralson (- $2,870,000) - gone; replaced by draft pick and Johnson/Fleming
Soapoaga - gone; replaced by high draft pick
RJF - gone; replaced by Ian Williams
Moss - gone; replaced by Lockett and high draft pick

Retain:
Walker (+ $4,000,000) - signed to 2 year deal for 8 million
Goldson (+ $7,250,000) - signed to 4 year 30 million

Bottom line = we can do this! He can help shut down half the field (remember Deion Sanders?) and Revis has a BIG chip on his shoulder. We take him this year on his current salary, we are getting a veteran with a chip on his shoulder in a contract year playing against Richard Sherman's mouth x2 a year! And let's not forget, we'll probably negotiate for for a deal in the 10-million range d/t the injury and for HIM, a chance to play and win on a Superbowl team.

No brainer...

Good post. As much as I dont want Revis, this actually makes alot of sense.