LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
So then you are talking extension.....but he still wants 16 mill per year.

If the Niners can trade for him and extend him for the $$$ you are talking about then I'm all for it....I just don't think they can.

Even if it didn't work out after a year and he signed a big $$ deal with another team we could still recoup a 3rd round compensatory pick. That would limit some of the the risk.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Mar 5, 2013 at 8:51 PM ]
  • thl408
I would give up the later of the two 5th rounders (49er's own 5th) for one year of Revis. That's the highest I hope Baalke goes. Late 5th for that potential, even for a year, is worth it for a team capable of making a serious run at the SB. Jets wouldn't take that.
Revis is a holdout candidate and a pain in our ass we dont need. Guy thinks he deserves 16 million
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Revis is a holdout candidate and a pain in our ass we dont need. Guy thinks he deserves 16 million

That's franchise QB money. C'mon who do these guys think they are. You wan't to win or get paid. The only team that should pay a DB like that is the team that drafted him. You pay franchise players and ring of honor dudes like that not some mercenary free agent
I hope we take no part in revis he's a total Caner to what this TEAM is about ...
You guys are nuts. Give me Revis for a year for a mid round pick. We have a million picks. It's low risk low reward. We are a Super Bowl team now and who knows Revis could be that X factor.
BIG THEORY ON REVIS..................WHY THIS COULD WORK

we get revis for draft picks (whatever they are 2nd rd/3rd rd) as a 1yr rental. His salary is lower than carlos rogers so it would make sense for 1yr

keep in mind we are getting revis at a bargain because he is coming off an injury and also has a manageable salary in the last year of his contract

he plays for us for 1yr and is motivated to perform well because his performance on the field will translate to a big contract..he needs to prove he's healthy

once he does that his value once again rises as teams will see he's a shut down corner again

AT WHICH POINT WE FRANCHISE TAG him and TRADE HIM next off-season for more value than what we gave up

we don't have to pay the huge contract and we rent revis for 1yr and get him for a 2nd/3rd and trade him for sometrhing equal or presumably even more than what we got him for

thoughts?
Originally posted by iLL49er:
BIG THEORY ON REVIS..................WHY THIS COULD WORK

we get revis for draft picks (whatever they are 2nd rd/3rd rd) as a 1yr rental. His salary is lower than carlos rogers so it would make sense for 1yr

keep in mind we are getting revis at a bargain because he is coming off an injury and also has a manageable salary in the last year of his contract

he plays for us for 1yr and is motivated to perform well because his performance on the field will translate to a big contract..he needs to prove he's healthy

once he does that his value once again rises as teams will see he's a shut down corner again

AT WHICH POINT WE FRANCHISE TAG him and TRADE HIM next off-season for more value than what we gave up

we don't have to pay the huge contract and we rent revis for 1yr and get him for a 2nd/3rd and trade him for sometrhing equal or presumably even more than what we got him for

thoughts?
Pay our own, work on extensions now. Good analysis though.
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Pay our own, work on extensions now. Good analysis though.

this allows us to do that. revis is cheaper than carlos rogers this year....replace him w/ revis. rent revis and then trade him for more next off-season and pay our own
What do the Jets want in return for Revis? No way would I give up more then a 3rd rounder. Revis would be amazing to have assuming he's healthy but I'd rather have 6 picks in the top 100

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
What do the Jets want in return for Revis? No way would I give up more then a 3rd rounder. Revis would be amazing to have assuming he's healthy but I'd rather have 6 picks in the top 100

they likely want a 2nd. i'd do it as a 1yr rental w/ the idea that we can franchise tag him and trade him next yr for at least a 2nd and maybe more
Revis' contract will void after the 2013 season, and there is a clause in the deal that prohibits the Jets from using the franchise tag.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8875093/darrelle-revis-new-york-jets-shopped-possible-trade-option-according-source

fck, i guess kill that idea. can't franchise him due to a clause
looks its the 49ers and Falcons trying to trade for Revis
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/buyer-island-jets-teams-hook-revis-article-1.1280612

A reporter that covers the Falcons posted this

D. Orlando Ledbetter ‏@AJCFalcons Don't get too worked up about the Revis report. #Falcons freed up cash for their free agents. Jets trying to leverage 49ers with leak.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Revis' contract will void after the 2013 season, and there is a clause in the deal that prohibits the Jets from using the franchise tag.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8875093/darrelle-revis-new-york-jets-shopped-possible-trade-option-according-source

fck, i guess kill that idea. can't franchise him due to a clause

Could still get a third round compensatory pick if he walked.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Could still get a third round compensatory pick if he walked.

true, very good point
Share 49ersWebzone