LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dhp318:
I bet we do nothing big, draft someone nobody saw coming, and everyone on this board is disappointed... like always.

LOL......this.

What I would like to see is the 49ers sign Richard Seymour and Brandon Gibson. That would add depth at DE and WR and both should be fairly affordable, Seymour could even come on a short contract. But beyond that, I don't expect any major flashy free-agent signings or moves.
No thanks to Revis. Why fix something when it ain't broke. We draft well despite last year(which is still completely unproven). Keep building through the draft with quality BPA picks. D/Line and secondary depth will fix everything. Our secondary was great when the pass rush was working.
i would be happy if they get him for their own 2nd rd pick. if you let him walk next year you will likely get a 3rd rd compensatory pick.

hell you could even trade next years 2nd and trade down from our first or chiefs 2nd and get future picks to get that one back.
Originally posted by baltien:
YES.

He may want $16 mil a year but coming off major surgery, he won't get it. Baalke should try to negotiate something in the $10-12 year range and GET ER' DONE.

Not even this. I think he is worth a 1 year 4 to 5 million dollar contract considering his situation.
The team isn't built that way. They wait for the dust to settle and then find a serviceable free agent at a reasonable cost. I can't see spending the money on Revis coming off an injury. With all their picks I'm certain they can come up with a quality corner at a fraction of the price. It's all 49ers!!!!!!!
I'm skeptical. The guy is always unhappy, always holding out, always wanting more money. I think he could be trouble.
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by English:
No. Major surgery and regular holdouts?

The draft. Dominate for a decade.

^^This
Just say no to Revis. Build through the draft, and extend your good core players.

We already have a 30 year old corner who actually did not play badly the last two seasons. We also have 2 good young ones and 14 draft picks to choose 1 or 2 more. IF WE DO ANYTHING...I'd say we trade up if Milliner happens to fall for whatever possible reason...if he doesnt...then I believe they will do a minor trade up for one of the remaining defensive lineman. But trading high picks for an aging, albeit, very good corner is not a smart move to me.
I bet we do nothing big, draft someone nobody saw coming, and everyone on this board is disappointed... like always.

Originally posted by reasonable1:

^^This
Just say no to Revis. Build through the draft, and extend your good core players.

We already have a 30 year old corner who actually did not play badly the last two seasons. We also have 2 good young ones and 14 draft picks to choose 1 or 2 more. IF WE DO ANYTHING...I'd say we trade up if Milliner happens to fall for whatever possible reason...if he doesnt...then I believe they will do a minor trade up for one of the remaining defensive lineman. But trading high picks for an aging, albeit, very good corner is not a smart move to me.

Agree completely. I rather trade picks to move up than Revis. He has trouble written all over him. Hopefully this story is just the Jets trying to hustle us for our picks, and not the 49ers actually showing interested.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
I'm skeptical. The guy is always unhappy, always holding out, always wanting more money. I think he could be trouble.

If you played for the jets you would want more money too

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

LOL......this.

What I would like to see is the 49ers sign Richard Seymour and Brandon Gibson. That would add depth at DE and WR and both should be fairly affordable, Seymour could even come on a short contract. But beyond that, I don't expect any major flashy free-agent signings or moves.

That sounds like Baalke !!!! Agree!
[ Edited by JD9671 on Feb 27, 2013 at 10:45 PM ]

^^This

~ Coming off major surgery.

~ Wants huge salary.

~ Not as dominant as his past reputation.

This is a crazy idea. NO.
I want Revis so bad but I'd rather give the money to Goldson for the next 5 years because I'm pretty damn sure Baalke isn't willing to give Revis 16+ mill per year when we have to extend Dashon Goldson, Crabtree, Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Mike Iupati, Anthony Davis, Kaepernick, etc in the next 3 years
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

~ Wants huge salary.

We don't know that.. Dude was still the best cornerback in the league before he tore his ACL
but we need to extend our own players before we go sign other teams' superstars
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

~ Wants huge salary.

We don't know that.. Dude was still the best cornerback in the league before he tore his ACL
but we need to extend our own players before we go sign other teams' superstars

I don't want this guy for the type of money he is talking about and the injury he is coming off.

Richard Sherman is better.
Share 49ersWebzone