LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

NFC West 2013 Record Projections

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the Niners can't win in Seattle based on that last butt-kicking they took up there. That game was the result of the Niner defense being tired from the previous game in New England and the fact that it was the first game played without Justin Smith in the lineup. I'm also guessing a full off-season for Kaepernick will include a number of strategies for dealing with the noise up there. I expect them to add no-huddle to their bag of tricks next year. No huddle has a tendency to cut down on crowd noise because they have to sustain the noise instead of stopping and then building it. And, it will include a more sophisticated set of hand signals.

objection.. speculation... i'll give you JS being hurt played a huge part.

When I look at that game in Seattle, I see probably the toughest game to win all season. All I'm saying is that Niner fans shouldn't look at that last ass-kicking and think that's a standard model for how things are going to go up there. I see that game as a confluence of the worst possible situations - Niners tired, Niners missing key players, Seahawks playing a great game, etc.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by WINiner:
A bit premature for this thread don't yah think OP? I mean prior to FA and the draft? Really?

this dude up. It is a waste of space thread.
Here's a thought - if you don't like this thread, stay out of it.

Based on the past performance of losing teams in the Super Bowl, the Niners will have a rough 2013. I will stick with the pattern of history, even though it always seems ridiculous that a team in the Super Bowl struggles the next year:

1. Seahawks 12-4
2. Niners 9-7
3. St. Louis 8-8
4. Arizona 5-11
Dolphins lost and came back and won the next year. Bills got back to the game three times after losing it. Plus, I don't see how the Hawks get to 12-4 with an away schedule tougher than it was last year.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Based on the past performance of losing teams in the Super Bowl, the Niners will have a rough 2013. I will stick with the pattern of history, even though it always seems ridiculous that a team in the Super Bowl struggles the next year:

1. Seahawks 12-4
2. Niners 9-7
3. St. Louis 8-8
4. Arizona 5-11
Pats went 12-4, Giants 9-7
Plus, there are lots of reasons to believe this Niners team breaks the mold. It's already a very good team and it's facing a tremendous off season advantage this year. The draft situation is amazing. #31 and #34 in a draft deep with the defensive talent they need to fix the only real problems they have. The season will be easier and not harder. This will be the first off season where they are developing an offense totally around Kaepernick.
This will be the first off season where they are developing an offense totally around Kaepernick.

And, the first off season where the Seahawks are developing an offense totally around Wilson as well.
't will be interesting to see how they both respond having "the entire book" at their disposal and with no uncertainty as to their respective roles....

1. Seahawks 12-4
2. Niners 9-7
3. St. Louis 8-8
4. Arizona 5-11

Most Super Bowl losers have a problem with sustaining success and that also goes for Super Bowl winners. How many recently has made it back to the big game the following year. Some teams have a couple down years and finish as runner up in their divisions, miss playoffs, then they inherit higher draft seeding and an easier schedule as a result after which that season, they go on a run due to increased talent level and weak competition and they win more. The next season after success they get tough scheduling and lower draft pick priority, defections in free agency, coaching turnover and they can't repeat success. I think this past season quite the opposite has occurred with us. We have repeated success in an amazing way by coming 5 yards away from winning the chip after a 13 - 3 season. We have more draft picks, an emerging offense, no coaching turnover, not a lot if impending turnover in free agency and an easier schedule this upcoming season. We last year with a tough schedule beat GB, NE, NO, and ATL in road games. A schedule doesn't get much tougher than that so I argue that we can beat anyone anywhere and we are getting better now and have a model in place for sustainability!! We are back as a perennial championship contender
49ers 13-3
Seattle 12-4
Rams 9-7
Cardinals 7-9

1. Seahawks 12-4
2. Niners 9-7
3. St. Louis 8-8
4. Arizona 5-11

i disagree, we have a harbaugh on the team, just look at his brother john keeping the ravens in the playoffs year in and year out till they won, i expect much of the same from jim too.

Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
This will be the first off season where they are developing an offense totally around Kaepernick.

And, the first off season where the Seahawks are developing an offense totally around Wilson as well.
't will be interesting to see how they both respond having "the entire book" at their disposal and with no uncertainty as to their respective roles....
Yes, but Wilson was the starter for the entire season. Kaepernick had half a season and entered in the middle, which made the offense more of a work in progress.
Seattle will probably have 7 wins at Quest Field alone.

1. Seahawks 12-4
2. Niners 9-7
3. St. Louis 8-8
4. Arizona 5-11

What awesome reasoning
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
ask the mods to make it an Official thread and put this in the title

PYMWYMI2013

Ok, sure ... now what exactly does that title mean?

Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is

Expecting Seattle to go 7-9 is wishful thinking. They will be one of the best teams in the NFC next year. St. Louis is also better than 6-10. I also don't think Arizona is that bad. If they make some improvements along the OL and Kolb stays healthy, they are a respectable team as well.

Something's got to give. I think it will be the most competitive division in the NFL in 2013.

SF: 13-3
SEA: 11-5
STL: 8-8
ARZ: 7-9

Like this predictions better. Althougg I think we might squeeze out another win..

1. Seahawks 12-4
2. Niners 9-7
3. St. Louis 8-8
4. Arizona 5-11
Share 49ersWebzone