Rams 2-12
Cards -1-17
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
NFC West Standings:

49ers 16-0
Seahawks 4-12
Rams 2-12
Cards -1-17

Your prediction is wack! but then again, you were the only one of us to predict a tie last year
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
NFC West Standings:

49ers 16-0
Seahawks 4-12
Rams 2-12
Cards -1-17

Are the cards playing 2 games for the Rams next year??
I don't usually have much to say, but overall in this thread I don't think the division is going to change much without getting into a big explanation of why. The Rams do not scare me, but the Seahawks concern me. I live in Tacoma and with children that chose to favor the Seajacks, I am sometimes forced to watch them. They remind me of the Niners and Wilson played a lot better than I thought he would. The emergence of Colin should not be taken lightly. He gave us what Wilson gave the Seahacks and that is huge because I think Smith, while effective, was at his peak and that he really made up for the defensive play at the end of the season.

I am not counting Seattle out, they are a very good team, but I feel the Niners are better. I give us a 60/40 advantage to win the division, as long as Colin stays healthy we will beat out the Cawks. If we don't win the division, I do not like the outlook of playing the Jacks in Seattle for a playoff game. I don't see the Cards doing anything, but only for next year. To bad St. Louis is in the NFCW (well for them). Because the Niners own it and Seattle is not far behind.

We'll see, but I just can't visualize much changing from this year.
The Seahawks need to play at home in the playoffs to win. It's ironic, but this "12th man" they love to honk about is a double-edged sword. As the record shows, they are much more likely to lose on the road. It could be because they get used to this advantage they get from the noise at home and just don't perform as well when they can't depend on that added little advantage.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The Seahawks need to play at home in the playoffs to win. It's ironic, but this "12th man" they love to honk about is a double-edged sword. As the record shows, they are much more likely to lose on the road. It could be because they get used to this advantage they get from the noise at home and just don't perform as well when they can't depend on that added little advantage.

I think there is something about the whole road thing and the Seahawks, the Holmgren led team seemed to just outright play poor on the road, the Carroll team is different, especially with their current roster. The bottom line is that they are a better team which will likely translate into more road wins. The whole "road woes" thing isn't something that one team carries from another, especially with the kind of roster turnover the Chickens had. Regardless of the opponent, they won 3 road games in a row after the dolphins loss, which was an overtime loss. I would rather the Niners win more games rather than counting on the Seahacks to lose road games. But get them out of that stadium and it is certainly a benefit to their opponent.

Teams that tend to win on the road in the regular season, get to play at home in the playoffs. I was reading a stat a while back about Quarterback ratings on the road Vs. home and it showed a pretty size able drop-off for even the best of the best, with Brady carrying the title as the best road QB. There was a direct association with it and road wins. Where in the past, I have always seen the road being about defense and running game, the QB factor appears to have a much greater impact. Is Mighty-Mouse good enough to win some of those road games? We will see, but as long as Colin isn't playing in Seattle we know he can dial it up on the road. Smith showed he could win on the road too, his rating was actually fairly consistent in both situations with little drop-off. The Niners and Seahawks are both likely to win 7 home games looking at the schedule, so that road record will be a big factor.
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the Niners can't win in Seattle based on that last butt-kicking they took up there. That game was the result of the Niner defense being tired from the previous game in New England and the fact that it was the first game played without Justin Smith in the lineup. I'm also guessing a full off-season for Kaepernick will include a number of strategies for dealing with the noise up there. I expect them to add no-huddle to their bag of tricks next year. No huddle has a tendency to cut down on crowd noise because they have to sustain the noise instead of stopping and then building it. And, it will include a more sophisticated set of hand signals.
49ers: 12-4
Seahawks: 11-5
Rams: 8-8
Cardinals: 5-11
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the Niners can't win in Seattle based on that last butt-kicking they took up there. That game was the result of the Niner defense being tired from the previous game in New England and the fact that it was the first game played without Justin Smith in the lineup. I'm also guessing a full off-season for Kaepernick will include a number of strategies for dealing with the noise up there. I expect them to add no-huddle to their bag of tricks next year. No huddle has a tendency to cut down on crowd noise because they have to sustain the noise instead of stopping and then building it. And, it will include a more sophisticated set of hand signals.

I think losing Cowboy was especially huge in that game, I mean they literally ran at RJF like he was a turnstile. Aldon was getting manhandled by both the TE and Okung without Cowboy in there.

I agree, CK will work on signals and for crying out loud quit screwing with the play. Trying to change a play there was a BAD idea. I have seen it before, I wish Santa Clara was going to be built like that, but the Chickens fan doesn't quit. They have the stadium and they scream to no end. It sucks there for sure. Then, when they get a delay (which CK will also work on) they just get louder.i have yet to go to a game there that the fans weren't yelling the whole game. Even when Erickson was coach they were like that. I HATE THAT PLACE. I just wish we would go in there and stomp them early, for once please. In 2006 it got quiet, but when the games are close, they are crazy.

We couldn't do anything right that game, I hope it was because they were tired, but they just killed us everywhere. Kaep only had a couple, maybe three drives that looked good and even then it got ugly. Gore fumbles down 14, we get the ball back and just when you think they have a chance, VD gets blasted and the FG gets blocked for a TD. AAAARRGGHH!!
I'm fired up now. I HATE that last game there. We WILL win the division next year because of what the Niners do. Screw the Hawks and Rams, I don't care how good Wilson plays or what happened with the Rams, we are going to deploy CK 2.0 and I am sticking to it.

Niners 14-2
Seahags 8-8
Rams 8-8
Cards- somehow they will lose 17 games.

Originally posted by mattster03:
49ers: 12-4
Seahawks: 11-5
Rams: 8-8
Cardinals: 5-11

i think I'll go with this as well
seahawks 11-5
niners 10-6
rams 8-8
cards 6-10

that home field advantage is huge for the hawks. to be basically unbeatable at home starts you off w/ a floor of 7 wins at least
Originally posted by iLL49er:
seahawks 11-5
niners 10-6
rams 8-8
cards 6-10

that home field advantage is huge for the hawks. to be basically unbeatable at home starts you off w/ a floor of 7 wins at least
How do we lose 6 games with a better team than most of the league?
49ers 14-2
Hawks 11-5
Rams 10-6
Cards 6-10

We lose to Texans and Falcons.
Two things: 1. Seahawks have a harder schedule next season while the Niners have and easier schedule. 2. Not just the Niners, but all defenses will scheme to keep Wilson in the pocket and take advantage of his height disadvantage - he'll have a sophomore slump and the Seahawks will suffer.

This is why I can imagine the following scenario:

SF: 14-2
STL: 9-7
SEA: 7-9
ARZ: 4-12

Why will the Niners do so well? In addition to the easier schedule, a complete, cohesive offense built especially for and around Kaepernick and a freshly tweaked defense with some new DB talent and more size, height and depth on the defensive line.

Awsome points, I do definitely see this as a possibility, and defenses will definitely make things a lot harder on seattle. And I do see St. Louis getting better also, this would be pretty close to a prediction that I may have made. And I think a more cohesive offense that will feature a lot more fire power also as Manningham will be back, along with either AJ Jenkins playing better or another drafted WR that would give the Niners O a lot more ummmph. This will be a sick backfield also, along with Gore, there is hunter coming back, LMJ, Dixon is a good rb also, plus they can start to draft for Gore's eventual replacement also...I think that should at least be on the radar for them as Gore will be 30. I hope what they do in the off season also is address the ball control issues, they had a lot of fumbles this past season, but this definitely can be worked on. And I don't see ARZ doing anything, especially without a qb.
Share 49ersWebzone