LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

NFC West 2013 Record Projections

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Seattle 11-5
San Francisco 10-6
St. Louis 8-8
Arizona 6-10

The choke in the SB carries over into this season and the 9er's get off to a slow start but manage to make the play-offs as a wild-card.
Originally posted by RandG4life:
Seattle 11-5
San Francisco 10-6
St. Louis 8-8
Arizona 6-10

The choke in the SB carries over into this season and the 9er's get off to a slow start but manage to make the play-offs as a wild-card.

Doubtful. Kaep's first year as full time starter. Plus we get a lot of injured players back like Hunter and Mario. If we can shore up on CB and get some dline depth, i think this team goes 12-4, possibly 13-3 in route to a repeat SB trip.
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Originally posted by RandG4life:
Seattle 11-5
San Francisco 10-6
St. Louis 8-8
Arizona 6-10

Doubtful. Kaep's first year as full time starter. Plus we get a lot of injured players back like Hunter and Mario. If we can shore up on CB and get some dline depth, i think this team goes 12-4, possibly 13-3 in route to a repeat SB trip.

How and whom do we lose 6 games to? We haven't lost 6 games under harbaugh yet. We can beat anyone anywhere. Last year GB NE NO ATL all on the road. With a more explosive offense we are gonna wreck teams. We MIGHT lose 4 games. Maybe
Don't forget this 2013 game against the Seahawks will be "Gay Day' at the Stick. The San Francisco 49ers have the most Gay fans of any other sports franchise. With Harvey Milk becoming the name of the local Airport, the 49ers may use his name on a patch that will be worn by every player for the remainder of the season.

This patch will be for sale as well.
Originally posted by gay4niners:
Don't forget this 2013 game against the Seahawks will be "Gay Day' at the Stick. The San Francisco 49ers have the most Gay fans of any other sports franchise. With Harvey Milk becoming the name of the local Airport, the 49ers may use his name on a patch that will be worn by every player for the remainder of the season.

This patch will be for sale as well.

Why don't you leave now before you get banned for being a @$!!'. But I'm sure you can't help it especially from the 3rd grade post you made. Have a great day!
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
ask the mods to make it an Official thread and put this in the title

PYMWYMI2013

Ok, sure ... now what exactly does that title mean?

Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is

Expecting Seattle to go 7-9 is wishful thinking. They will be one of the best teams in the NFC next year. St. Louis is also better than 6-10. I also don't think Arizona is that bad. If they make some improvements along the OL and Kolb stays healthy, they are a respectable team as well.

Something's got to give. I think it will be the most competitive division in the NFL in 2013.

SF: 13-3
SEA: 11-5
STL: 8-8
ARZ: 7-9

Like this predictions better. Althougg I think we might squeeze out another win..

Lets make it official after the draft.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
This will be the first off season where they are developing an offense totally around Kaepernick.

And, the first off season where the Seahawks are developing an offense totally around Wilson as well.
't will be interesting to see how they both respond having "the entire book" at their disposal and with no uncertainty as to their respective roles....
Yes, but Wilson was the starter for the entire season. Kaepernick had half a season and entered in the middle, which made the offense more of a work in progress.

this was Kap's 2nd season under the current offense yes? RW came into a new system and had to learn on the fly.... wasn't until late into the second half of the season that they completely opened up the playbook... So technically yes he started all season, but it's fair to say he really only played half a season with the entire offensive play package...
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
This will be the first off season where they are developing an offense totally around Kaepernick.

And, the first off season where the Seahawks are developing an offense totally around Wilson as well.
't will be interesting to see how they both respond having "the entire book" at their disposal and with no uncertainty as to their respective roles....
Yes, but Wilson was the starter for the entire season. Kaepernick had half a season and entered in the middle, which made the offense more of a work in progress.

this was Kap's 2nd season under the current offense yes? RW came into a new system and had to learn on the fly.... wasn't until late into the second half of the season that they completely opened up the playbook... So technically yes he started all season, but it's fair to say he really only played half a season with the entire offensive play package...

What will be interesting is to see where Wilson and Kaep peak. I personally think they both have a very high ceiling because of their athleticism and arm talent. Also, both seem to be leaders. Right now, I give the edge as far as game day savvy to Wilson as he seems to make smarter plays with the football and I think some of that has to do with him having a few more games than Kaep under his belt as you could see his greater command of the offense at the end of the season. I think however that Kaep is the more explosive player between the two. I like Darren Bevelle but I think Kaep has better QB tutelage with Jim Harbaugh as his head coach. The fan in me thinks that with more experience under Harbaugh, Kaep will reach a higher ceiling over time. Today, I think the key to both of these teams offenses are the play of both Marshawn Lynch and SFO OL respectively. Without Lynch, Wilson becomes less difficult to key on and contain and without the impressive dominance of our OL, we cannot be be formation diverse and productive on every snap. I applaud both ball clubs for what they are doing and I think the NFC should be very wary and a lot of teams are playing catch up. I have often said that SEA is our clone since the end of Tim Ruskert's tenure and much moreso after he got canned
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Mar 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM ]
If Wilson peaks as high as Kaepernick, it will be an amazing thing to watch because since 1952, a grand total of TWO quarterbacks at his height or smaller (Eddie LeBaron and Doug Flutie) have had any consistent success in the NFL. So, if Russell Wilson achieves greatness, it will be a huge bucking of the odds. Stranger things have happened, so I'm not going to count on it not happening. I'm just saying that the odds are long.
The Rams will be very good also. They have the 16,22 and 46 picks in the draft and were a team on the rise last season. The NFC West is now maybe the best division in football.

Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
The Rams will be very good also. They have the 16,22 and 46 picks in the draft and were a team on the rise last season. The NFC West is now maybe the best division in football.

No question about it. The NFC West is definitely the best division right now.
Future Opponents 2013
HOME
Arizona Cardinals WIN
Seattle Seahawks WIN
St. Louis Rams WIN
Atlanta Falcons WIN
Carolina Panthers WIN
Houston Texans WIN
Indianapolis Colts WIN
Green Bay Packers LOSS

AWAY
Arizona Cardinals WIN
Seattle Seahawks WIN
St. Louis Rams LOSS
New Orleans Saints WIN
Tampa Bay Buccaneers WIN
Jacksonville Jaguars (London) WIN
Tennessee Titans WIN
Washington Redskins WIN

14-2.
I only chose the loss to the Rams because they're starting to rise up in the NFC west and Jeff Fisher has worked a miracle there in both our games against them... while the Seahawks (IN MY OPINION) are going to flop and go somewhere around 7-9.
If Wilson peaks as high as Kaepernick, it will be an amazing thing to watch because since 1952, a grand total of TWO quarterbacks at his height or smaller (Eddie LeBaron and Doug Flutie) have had any consistent success in the NFL. So, if Russell Wilson achieves greatness, it will be a huge bucking of the odds. Stranger things have happened, so I'm not going to count on it not happening. I'm just saying that the odds are long.

Is that lack of success because so many short quarterbacks failed or, just that there were so few short quarterbacks period?

Some interesting data on the topic gathered here...
http://www.solecismic.com/frontierblog/?p=566
Originally posted by 52Fiasco:
Future Opponents 2013
HOME
Arizona Cardinals WIN
Seattle Seahawks WIN
St. Louis Rams WIN
Atlanta Falcons WIN
Carolina Panthers WIN
Houston Texans WIN
Indianapolis Colts WIN
Green Bay Packers LOSS

AWAY
Arizona Cardinals WIN
Seattle Seahawks WIN
St. Louis Rams LOSS
New Orleans Saints WIN
Tampa Bay Buccaneers WIN
Jacksonville Jaguars (London) WIN
Tennessee Titans WIN
Washington Redskins WIN

14-2.
I only chose the loss to the Rams because they're starting to rise up in the NFC west and Jeff Fisher has worked a miracle there in both our games against them... while the Seahawks (IN MY OPINION) are going to flop and go somewhere around 7-9.

We're not losing to the Packers. We will lose in Seattle and St. Louis.
I can't see us winning less than 11 games. Schedule is (seemingly) easier and the team should be better.
Share 49ersWebzone