There are 545 users in the forums

Do we have a bad fan base compared to the rest of the NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Mexicans

Really?
I dont know if bad is the right word but a good amount of posters are definitely spoiled.

Every draft pick is a bust until they make the probowl, every move Baalke makes is horrible until he wins GM of the year, Gore is over the hill, our defense sucks because the top 5 QBs in the league made plays against them, Crabtree sucks until he got over 1000 yards, it never ends and there is always something to complain about.

Hell Kaepernick and Crabtree we getting the ire of the zone during preseason last year, people legitimately wanted to trade both of them and have Tolz and JJ back up Smith while paying a 1st rounder to the steelers for Wallace.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Is it really that hard to figure out? Let's start out with something easy, like if you seriously consider Candlestick Park "your house" and an opposing team's fan sitting in it is an affront to your delicate sensibilities...and if you go beyond simple, good-natured ribbing to the point of cussing and being an all-around hostile a**hat, then you ="thug" fan. Unfortunately what used to be pretty rare at the Stick is now sickeningly common and I hope like hell they get priced out of Santa Clara.

There have been drunken brawls at Candlestick since it was built. Kezar was known as one of the WORST fan experiences for its rowdiness. What are you talking about?
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
To me, any fan that threatens another fan or makes other fans uncomfortable with taunting.

So our job as home team fans is to just keep quiet and only clap at a reasonable level when our team makes a good play... You sir, sound like a wine a cheese-er.
Originally posted by eastbayj:
To me, any fan that threatens another fan or makes other fans uncomfortable with taunting.

So our job as home team fans is to just keep quiet and only clap at a reasonable level when our team makes a good play... You sir, sound like a wine a cheese-er.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I'm not going to lie, that's kinda funny.

to be considered thugs or anything else isn't even close to what other teams/fans do to opposing Fans and team buses.

hilarious
There have been drunken brawls at Candlestick since it was built. Kezar was known as one of the WORST fan experiences for its rowdiness. What are you talking about?

Aww, it's so cute when people look for ways to justify their bad behavior. Since you seem to know so much about the "fan experience" at Kezar, tell me, did it also include packs of beer-muscle "bada****s" roaming the parking lots giving the arms-out-to-the-sides "want some?!" universal d-bag gesture, or grown "adults" cussing out/threatening other adults and even kids for having the audacity to wear a jersey of the opposing team? My grandfather, dad, and uncles went to Kezar all the time, I guess in all the stories I heard they just forgot about those. If you seriously think the same degnerate element that has become much more pervasive at Candlestick over the past decade existed 20-30-40 years ago in any degree close to what it does now, well, that is just ignorance at best.

Aww, it's so cute when people look for ways to justify their bad behavior. Since you seem to know so much about the "fan experience" at Kezar, tell me, did it also include packs of beer-muscle "bada****s" roaming the parking lots giving the arms-out-to-the-sides "want some?!" universal d-bag gesture, or grown "adults" cussing out/threatening other adults and even kids for having the audacity to wear a jersey of the opposing team? My grandfather, dad, and uncles went to Kezar all the time, I guess in all the stories I heard they just forgot about those. If you seriously think the same degnerate element that has become much more pervasive at Candlestick over the past decade existed 20-30-40 years ago in any degree close to what it does now, well, that is just ignorance at best.

i hate when people complain about the fans because it's pure ignorance

to eliminate the trouble you must attend the games...

All the so called die hard fans who jumped ship when we were bad left open seats....well look at who took their place

Yep worst fan base ever in the history of all sports didnt you all know the new code of conduct with fans is to welcome opposing fans with a warm hug give them free food and beverages, and to rub there feet after the tiring walk through the aging candlestick...

all sarcasm aside no we do not have a bad fan base or even close to it. Fan bases of all teams forever have misbehaved since the beginning of sports. Some fans have gotten far to soft for live sports and some may have gotten a little rowdier over the years. Most of it comes from new generations of fans and the new mentality of whats acceptable in public settings. Fans are still as rowdy, cuss like crazy sailors, and the violence is still there like it always has been soom fans grew up in households were that type of behavior was totally unacceptable and were sheltered from it, some grew up in households where they were taught occasional misbehavior is all apart of fanhood. Doesnt make any bad fans.
Well, they did put a wire mesh fence up over the runway where the players would enter and exit the field at Kezar to protect the players from getting beer cans thrown at them, right? But, it's true that everything has gotten more lethal if not more violent. When I was going to high school in SF in the 60's, there were fights every week. But nobody got killed. If you got beat, you took your beating and went home. Nowadays, people come back with a gun. Nowadays, people get shot or stabbed or beaten with a club. Things have definitely gotten more dangerous.

You are each entitled to your own views on the subject. When you sink to abuse, it is not acceptable. No further warning.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Yep worst fan base ever in the history of all sports didnt you all know the new code of conduct with fans is to welcome opposing fans with a warm hug give them free food and beverages, and to rub there feet after the tiring walk through the aging candlestick...

all sarcasm aside no we do not have a bad fan base or even close to it. Fan bases of all teams forever have misbehaved since the beginning of sports. Some fans have gotten far to soft for live sports and some may have gotten a little rowdier over the years. Most of it comes from new generations of fans and the new mentality of whats acceptable in public settings. Fans are still as rowdy, cuss like crazy sailors, and the violence is still there like it always has been soom fans grew up in households were that type of behavior was totally unacceptable and were sheltered from it, some grew up in households where they were taught occasional misbehavior is all apart of fanhood. Doesnt make any bad fans.

Anyone who teaches their kid to be an a-hole at sporting events isn't just a "bad fan," they are a sh***y parent. Or maybe I'm just "soft" because, even though I don't bring my kids to as many games these days, when I do it's never occurred to me that I should tell them to yell at that dude over there because he's wearing a Rams jersey and then throw peanuts at him.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Feb 20, 2013 at 11:16 AM ]
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Anyone who teaches their kid to be an a-hole at sporting events isn't just a "bad fan," they are a sh***y parent. Or maybe I'm just "soft" because, even though I don't bring my kids to as many games these days, when I do it's never occurred to me that I should tell them to yell at that dude over there because he's wearing a Rams jersey and then throw peanuts at him.
if you have a son and is a die hard fan of whatever team..without any doubt he will taunt an opposing fan at a sporting event
Share 49ersWebzone