LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 300 users in the forums

Do we have a bad fan base compared to the rest of the NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
I'm glad the 49ers told SF to pound sand. The city played games with the Giants for years over a stadium and almost lost them a few times...and then when the Giants finally did build a new stadium, what happened? It only completely changed the face of and revitalized an area that was had been a total s***hole for years, bringing in restaurants/pubs, retail, and upscale residential. But did the idiots who run SF learn their lesson? Of course not. They played the same games with the 49ers...for f*** sake, the stadium referendum passed in what, 1998? But at every turn the city of SF, to include city leaders and the vocal, anti-sports "intelligentsia" crowd, kept blocking the 49ers at every turn. So it was with great pleasure that I watched them scramble and grovel when Jed finally gave them the finger and said we're moving to Santa Clara...oh the hissy fits, the threats of lawsuits to prevent use of "San Francisco" in the team name. Good stuff.

And bonus, I'm counting on the new location, SBLs, and ticket prices to somewhat clean out the degenerate crowd that has started to become more and more prevalent at the Stick. You know, the losers and wannabes seemingly more interested in giving off that "I'm a bada**" vibe and trying to out-thug Raider fans than anything else. Good riddance.

I'm glad the 49ers told SF to pound sand. The city played games with the Giants for years over a stadium and almost lost them a few times...and then when the Giants finally did build a new stadium, what happened? It only completely changed the face of and revitalized an area that was had been a total s***hole for years, bringing in restaurants/pubs, retail, and upscale residential. But did the idiots who run SF learn their lesson? Of course not. They played the same games with the 49ers...for f*** sake, the stadium referendum passed in what, 1998? But at every turn the city of SF, to include city leaders and the vocal, anti-sports "intelligentsia" crowd, kept blocking the 49ers at every turn. So it was with great pleasure that I watched them scramble and grovel when Jed finally gave them the finger and said we're moving to Santa Clara...oh the hissy fits, the threats of lawsuits to prevent use of "San Francisco" in the team name. Good stuff.

And bonus, I'm counting on the new location, SBLs, and ticket prices to somewhat clean out the degenerate crowd that has started to become more and more prevalent at the Stick. You know, the losers and wannabes seemingly more interested in giving off that "I'm a bada**" vibe and trying to out-thug Raider fans than anything else. Good riddance.

Well said. I agree with you in every way. Very good post.

I thought Sacramento leaders were bad....SF is WAY WORSE when it comes to building stadiums in SF.

I hope SF don't ruin the warriors new arena.
I think the city of SF could have built a new stadium in the Presidio or somewhere between 5th and 8th street south of Market that would help revitalize that whole area. There are other options also. Seeing how successful the Giants have been in the city there should have been a way to find a place that worked for both the city and the team. sad it didn't work out. But Santa Clara is still the SF Bay Area.

Go Niners!!
f**k bandwagon fans
Next to winning a SB, the thing I want the most is for these poser, "thug" fans to GTFO. So sick of them. They don't even know the rules of football! Stupid, stupid, stupid people! Hate them all.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Feb 19, 2013 at 1:44 AM ]
Originally posted by MILFS:
f**k bandwagon fans

no way do the Niners have bandwagon fans!! This team suffered through a terrible 8-10 year stretch and yet every single home game was never blacked out--not one.The Raiders in the same time frame have been blacked out on home games many a time. I always like when the raiders are blacked out since a better game will be on TV. The Raiders were not blacked out last season however-bummer.
I can understand why a lifelong SF fan would be upset at the team leaving The City.
I don't really care about other fans of the 49ers or fans of other teams. We are all individuals. No Niner fan's action has made me feel pride or shame.
NFL owners are money grubbing business men trying to take as much money from the fans as possible. That ultimately is all that matters to them. They don't care about you, me, San Francisco or Santa Clara.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Kaepmandu:
I guess after the Giants got the only good spot left for a stadium the 9ers had pretty much only one choice...land wise!!

I really wished the SF Giants would have moved to Florida like they were supposed to.

Why?
Originally posted by GNielsen:
As someone who grew up in SF and has seen the Niners at both Kezar and the Stick, I have to say that I like the move. I don't see any problem with getting on a train and getting off of it a block away from the new stadium. Most of the Niners fan base doesn't live in the city. That's just arithmetic. And there are quite a few teams with city names that don't play in the same city. Hell, the Giants and Jets don't even play in the same state. They play in New Jersey. Nobody cares, and New Yorkers jump on mass transit and ride out to that stadium every Sunday. Big deal.

The stadium is five miles away from Caltrain.

Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Next to winning a SB, the thing I want the most is for these poser, "thug" fans to GTFO. So sick of them. They don't even know the rules of football! Stupid, stupid, stupid people! Hate them all.

What's constitutes a "thug" fan to you?
[ Edited by eastbayj on Feb 19, 2013 at 9:07 PM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastbayj:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:

Mexicans

To me, any fan that threatens another fan or makes other fans uncomfortable with taunting.

Is it really that hard to figure out? Let's start out with something easy, like if you seriously consider Candlestick Park "your house" and an opposing team's fan sitting in it is an affront to your delicate sensibilities...and if you go beyond simple, good-natured ribbing to the point of cussing and being an all-around hostile a**hat, then you ="thug" fan. Unfortunately what used to be pretty rare at the Stick is now sickeningly common and I hope like hell they get priced out of Santa Clara.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Feb 19, 2013 at 9:31 PM ]

Is it really that hard to figure out? Let's start out with something easy, like if you seriously consider Candlestick Park "your house" and an opposing team's fan sitting in it is an affront to your delicate sensibilities...and if you go beyond simple, good-natured ribbing to the point of cussing and being an all-around hostile a**hat, then you ="thug" fan. Unfortunately what used to be pretty rare at the Stick is now sickeningly common and I hope like hell they get priced out of Santa Clara.

It's funny, because we get stereotyped as bad fans but are hardcore thugs
Share 49ersWebzone