There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do we have a bad fan base compared to the rest of the NFL?

Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by eastbayj:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
He said nolan era...there was nothing to get loud about

You must be one of the old guys I'm talking about.

Lol.. Yeah old....I just know when to cheer

Clearly see the reason why it would seem like the Raiders had home games at Candlestick. I guess Jed York did a good thing stopping the annual Battle of the Bay. Blame it on the fighting fans when really he too felt disgusted jk. But really our "Home field advantage" is pretty pathetic because on more than 1 occasion has the away sounded louder. When you notice it watching on TV though really?

Its the fans who sell there tickets, theyre the ones that should get the blame...not the ones who show up
[quote.dyNASTYmode]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by eastbayj:
Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:
Reminds me... Really got turned off when I'm screaming DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!! back in the Nolan era, and this quiet old fan tells me to STFU?!?!? I make noise when the D is out there, especially on 3rd down, I don't know bout yall my voice is always gone after every game I attend

That has definitely happened to me on more than one occasion. Some old a**hole also called security on me and some buddies because we were screaming on defense. Older fans should be watching the games at home if they want to sit back and relax to watch the game with no disturbances. But sadly, they're the ones with the money, so that'll never happen.

I'm hoping that with this new stadium is set up like Seattle's and amplifies the crowd noise somehow. Otherwise we'll always be a team without real home field advantage.

He said nolan era...there was nothing to get loud about
I'm die hard 49er fan till the end win, lose, or draw baby. Till the end of the 4th quarter through a blowout Candlestick while yall leave early trying to beat that retarded Monster park traffic. I'm that dude getting free tickets for the "BUSH BOWL" 49ers vs Texan in the rain, thanks btw that was from you right?

I GET LOUD BOY! You go ahead and disrespect Nolan...I thank the man for bringing in Justin Smith on that helicopter ride and drafting Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker, Joe Staley, Patrick Willis, Dashon Goldson, Lockdown T. Brown. That guy may have had losing seasons but he took over the league worst roster and built a solid foundation. The only player that remained on the roster since Nolan initially took over is Sopoaga and Andy Lee if that counts haha. Even though he threw Alex Smith under the bus, when Smith had that shoulder injury, I still respect what he did for the 49er organization. And as garbage a head coach Singletary was or is(most painful seasons), I still thank him for checking Vernon Davis because Nolan couldn't when VD fought Parys Haralson. but still don't understand why he was so stubborn with starting Chilo Rachal even my wife noticed how much better they played when Snyder subbed in for him. I admit I laughed when he tried transform Smith by yelling at him like he did Vernon. Singletary tried to play checkers when the game is chess match. Impose your will bringing a knife to a gun fight. Fortunately his last season brought us the ability to draft Aldon Smith. Still ever so thankful we got Iupati and Davis, kind of reminds me of a scene in "Any Given Sunday" when coach Pacino screams, "WELL IF YOU LET ME DRAFT THE 2 LINEMEN I WANTED!!..." I take the bad with the good and all in stride

whoa got a little carried away but point being, I GET LOUD FOR THE DEFENSE trying to get that false start or delay of game. Rest my voice during offense, occasionally leaving some hands from fans standing around me RED as the 83 BATTLE jersey I used to sport.*HIGH 5*MFCA

49ERFAITHFULLEST SINCE 84 BORN GOLD BLOOD RUSHING HEAD TO TOE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW BRO
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------;--;;-----
Lol ok faithfulness is not in question here , as a season ticket holder maybe you should have built a relationship with your neighbors and then they wouldn't get as upset with you

I never give up my tix, if I do, I over charge because im pissed that I can't make it
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Feb 17, 2013 at 9:17 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by eastbayj:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
He said nolan era...there was nothing to get loud about

You must be one of the old guys I'm talking about.

Lol.. Yeah old....I just know when to cheer

Clearly see the reason why it would seem like the Raiders had home games at Candlestick. I guess Jed York did a good thing stopping the annual Battle of the Bay. Blame it on the fighting fans when really he too felt disgusted jk. But really our "Home field advantage" is pretty pathetic because on more than 1 occasion has the away sounded louder. When you notice it watching on TV though really?

Its the fans who sell there tickets, theyre the ones that should get the blame...not the ones who show up

huh? Jed York stopped the battle of the bay when fans fought in the stands. Since then they restrict smoking in the stadium and going to the parking lot and some of those fans that fought happen to be from Salinas, the salad capital of the world, where I reside. being a resident of Salinas, it's known to have a gang problem, and has one of the highest crime rates of any city. Personally I think the fight that stopped the battle of the bay was some gangster shhhhh.

So why have the 49er HOME GAMES sound like AWAY games? whatever the reason it's completely unexceptable
Living in the city myself for the past 35 years San Francisco has changed from a diehard Niners football city to a diehard Giants baseball city. A lot of that is the city population has changed a lot since the 1980's. SF has many new people from Asia and Latin America where baseball is a popular sport as compared to American football.

The city does love the Niners but the Giants are the heart and soul of the city for now.

Plus it helps that the Giants play ball right in the city in a great spot that is accessible to any fan.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
[quote.dyNASTYmode]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by eastbayj:
Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:
Reminds me... Really got turned off when I'm screaming DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!! back in the Nolan era, and this quiet old fan tells me to STFU?!?!? I make noise when the D is out there, especially on 3rd down, I don't know bout yall my voice is always gone after every game I attend

That has definitely happened to me on more than one occasion. Some old a**hole also called security on me and some buddies because we were screaming on defense. Older fans should be watching the games at home if they want to sit back and relax to watch the game with no disturbances. But sadly, they're the ones with the money, so that'll never happen.

I'm hoping that with this new stadium is set up like Seattle's and amplifies the crowd noise somehow. Otherwise we'll always be a team without real home field advantage.

He said nolan era...there was nothing to get loud about
I'm die hard 49er fan till the end win, lose, or draw baby. Till the end of the 4th quarter through a blowout Candlestick while yall leave early trying to beat that retarded Monster park traffic. I'm that dude getting free tickets for the "BUSH BOWL" 49ers vs Texan in the rain, thanks btw that was from you right?

I GET LOUD BOY! You go ahead and disrespect Nolan...I thank the man for bringing in Justin Smith on that helicopter ride and drafting Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker, Joe Staley, Patrick Willis, Dashon Goldson, Lockdown T. Brown. That guy may have had losing seasons but he took over the league worst roster and built a solid foundation. The only player that remained on the roster since Nolan initially took over is Sopoaga and Andy Lee if that counts haha. Even though he threw Alex Smith under the bus, when Smith had that shoulder injury, I still respect what he did for the 49er organization. And as garbage a head coach Singletary was or is(most painful seasons), I still thank him for checking Vernon Davis because Nolan couldn't when VD fought Parys Haralson. but still don't understand why he was so stubborn with starting Chilo Rachal even my wife noticed how much better they played when Snyder subbed in for him. I admit I laughed when he tried transform Smith by yelling at him like he did Vernon. Singletary tried to play checkers when the game is chess match. Impose your will bringing a knife to a gun fight. Fortunately his last season brought us the ability to draft Aldon Smith. Still ever so thankful we got Iupati and Davis, kind of reminds me of a scene in "Any Given Sunday" when coach Pacino screams, "WELL IF YOU LET ME DRAFT THE 2 LINEMEN I WANTED!!..." I take the bad with the good and all in stride

whoa got a little carried away but point being, I GET LOUD FOR THE DEFENSE trying to get that false start or delay of game. Rest my voice during offense, occasionally leaving some hands from fans standing around me RED as the 83 BATTLE jersey I used to sport.*HIGH 5*MFCA

49ERFAITHFULLEST SINCE 84 BORN GOLD BLOOD RUSHING HEAD TO TOE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW BRO

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------;--;;-----
Lol ok faithfulness is not in question here , as a season ticket holder maybe you should have built a relationship with your neighbors and then they wouldn't get as upset with you

I never give up my tix, if I do, I over charge because im pissed that I can't make it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Faithfull est. 84 year I was born. where have I mentioned being a season ticket holder? Season tix too expensive as far as I have to drive. Do you think I would get FREE BUSH BOWL tix if I had season tix? twas joking I got them from you but I did get them from the webzone.

Grumpy old man incident only happened once, for screaming DEEEEFENSSSSE. Old timer was wearing a hearing aid so whose fault is it really? Who wears a hearing aid to any sports event? that was the only time a fan got upset with me.

Oh and I got a new thing I do at the games that makes it more enjoyable, don't want anybody else doing what I do but all I'm saying is that I get 360 degree view every time I get a chance to attend now
[ Edited by dyNASTYmode on Feb 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM ]
As someone who grew up in SF and has seen the Niners at both Kezar and the Stick, I have to say that I like the move. I don't see any problem with getting on a train and getting off of it a block away from the new stadium. Most of the Niners fan base doesn't live in the city. That's just arithmetic. And there are quite a few teams with city names that don't play in the same city. Hell, the Giants and Jets don't even play in the same state. They play in New Jersey. Nobody cares, and New Yorkers jump on mass transit and ride out to that stadium every Sunday. Big deal.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
As someone who grew up in SF and has seen the Niners at both Kezar and the Stick, I have to say that I like the move. I don't see any problem with getting on a train and getting off of it a block away from the new stadium. Most of the Niners fan base doesn't live in the city. That's just arithmetic. And there are quite a few teams with city names that don't play in the same city. Hell, the Giants and Jets don't even play in the same state. They play in New Jersey. Nobody cares, and New Yorkers jump on mass transit and ride out to that stadium every Sunday. Big deal.

Originally posted by eastbayj:
That has definitely happened to me on more than one occasion. Some old a**hole also called security on me and some buddies because we were screaming on defense. Older fans should be watching the games at home if they want to sit back and relax to watch the game with no disturbances. But sadly, they're the ones with the money, so that'll never happen.

I'm hoping that with this new stadium is set up like Seattle's and amplifies the crowd noise somehow. Otherwise we'll always be a team without real home field advantage.


We have one of the best winning % differences at home. Not as good as Seattle, but still one of the best in the NFL.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by eastbayj:
That has definitely happened to me on more than one occasion. Some old a**hole also called security on me and some buddies because we were screaming on defense. Older fans should be watching the games at home if they want to sit back and relax to watch the game with no disturbances. But sadly, they're the ones with the money, so that'll never happen.

I'm hoping that with this new stadium is set up like Seattle's and amplifies the crowd noise somehow. Otherwise we'll always be a team without real home field advantage.


We have one of the best winning % differences at home. Not as good as Seattle, but still one of the best in the NFL.

My buddy (His season tickets, been his and his dad's for 30+ years) almost got kicked out because some jackass behind us told security he was standing too much. Security came over and b*tched at us and I pointed to everyone in front of us standing. Told us he was going to kick my friend out for "excessive standing."

After security left, the dude sitting behind us (not one row back, but TWO rows back), started going on about his season tickets and how he never had to deal with stuff like this. Then he threatened me, personally, with violence.

To top it off, he waited for ME at the top of the stairs with 4 or 5 of his buddies.

I'd say we have a pretty bad fan base. Excessive standing. Exciting game, too. Thurday night game vs the Seahawks.
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 130
Originally posted by niners94:
California 49ers

#4 at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/parking-lot/170794-city-county-san-francisco/
I'm pretty sure every fanbase is bad....we all want a winning team
we have a sense of entitlement fan base, like the other teams who have won a lot
I'm glad the 49ers told SF to pound sand. The city played games with the Giants for years over a stadium and almost lost them a few times...and then when the Giants finally did build a new stadium, what happened? It only completely changed the face of and revitalized an area that was had been a total s***hole for years, bringing in restaurants/pubs, retail, and upscale residential. But did the idiots who run SF learn their lesson? Of course not. They played the same games with the 49ers...for f*** sake, the stadium referendum passed in what, 1998? But at every turn the city of SF, to include city leaders and the vocal, anti-sports "intelligentsia" crowd, kept blocking the 49ers at every turn. So it was with great pleasure that I watched them scramble and grovel when Jed finally gave them the finger and said we're moving to Santa Clara...oh the hissy fits, the threats of lawsuits to prevent use of "San Francisco" in the team name. Good stuff.

And bonus, I'm counting on the new location, SBLs, and ticket prices to somewhat clean out the degenerate crowd that has started to become more and more prevalent at the Stick. You know, the losers and wannabes seemingly more interested in giving off that "I'm a bada**" vibe and trying to out-thug Raider fans than anything else. Good riddance.
Originally posted by Ninerguy:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
There are about 2 million people in Santa Clara County compared to 800K in SF. So, chances are there are more Niner fans in the south bay.

Your comparing an entire county to one city. So you're saying, other than the South Bay, sf is the only city with niner fans?
Um, the last I checked, San Francisco was a County, as well ... so the comparison is fair.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
Living in the city myself for the past 35 years San Francisco has changed from a diehard Niners football city to a diehard Giants baseball city. A lot of that is the city population has changed a lot since the 1980's. SF has many new people from Asia and Latin America where baseball is a popular sport as compared to American football.

The city does love the Niners but the Giants are the heart and soul of the city for now.

Plus it helps that the Giants play ball right in the city in a great spot that is accessible to any fan.

It doesn't hurt that they've won 2 World Series recently. either ... jus' sayin'