LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Do we have a bad fan base compared to the rest of the NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We have the best fan base.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by Ninerguy:
Your comparing an entire county to one city. So you're saying, other than the South Bay, sf is the only city with niner fans?

San Francisco is a city AND county. Santa Clara County has a land mass 300 times the size of San Francisco. You're.

Shoulda been a quote+

How about Marin county, contra costa county, solano county..
Your comparing an entire county to one city. So you're saying, other than the South Bay, sf is the only city with niner fans?

San Francisco is a city AND county. Santa Clara County has a land mass 300 times the size of San Francisco. You're.

Shoulda been a quote+

The 49ers fan base goes more international and is one of the most loved NFL teams for obvious historical reasons.
Originally posted by juycho:

Shoulda been a quote+

The 49ers fan base goes more international and is one of the most loved NFL teams for obvious historical reasons.

According to this guy the entire fan base is in the South Bay.
Originally posted by juycho:

Shoulda been a quote+

According to this guy the entire fan base is in the South Bay.

I can prove that is false since I kno 49ers fans all around the world.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
The fans who are pissed at the 49ers for leaving San Francisco for Santa Clara are F*CKING IDIOTS.

After the 1984 Super Bowl, when the 49ers played at Stanford because Candlestick was a complete sh*thole (IN 1984!), Eddie D asked SF mayor Willie Brown for the money to re-pave the main parking lot, and to pave the outlying dirt lots. Brown told him to pound sand. After each of the 49ers next 3 Super Bowl wins, they asked SF for money to either rehab Candlestick or to build a new stadium (at The Candlestick site, or China Basin). The city shut them down every time.

When the 49ers had no choice but to seek other options in the Bay Area, San Francisco offered up Hunter's Point Naval Ship Yard...an unremediated Superfund site. It is packed with radioactive silt and filler sand. It is so badly polluted that it would take a DECADE to quantify and clean up. To keep their "valuable" and "treasured" football team...they offered up the biggest sh*thole in the Bay Area. Way to show your appreciation, San Francisco.

All of the douchebags that are yammering about how the 49ers have somehow betrayed the City and it's fan base need to study their history. San Francisco made money hand over fist off of this football team, and refused to do what was necessary to keep their venue current.

And to answer the question: yes. Our fan base is embarrassing. It hurts me to talk to some so called "fans" who know so little about our team. They either didn't see the glory days and somehow think that the Montana/Walsh 49ers won every game by 40 points, or did see the glory days, but have conditioned themselves to only remember the highlights. It sucks.

I think the 49ers fan base includes a large number of people who live across the country. I have lived in the Mid-West, East Coast and currently Pacific Northwest. I have come across many niner fans who don't hail from California. I believe that those upset about the team moving are statistically in the minority. I know that players are excited about the new stadium. I think it boils down to change. People don't like change.
[ Edited by thenovemberrain on Feb 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM ]
Originally posted by thenovemberrain:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
The fans who are pissed at the 49ers for leaving San Francisco for Santa Clara are F*CKING IDIOTS.

After the 1984 Super Bowl, when the 49ers played at Stanford because Candlestick was a complete sh*thole (IN 1984!), Eddie D asked SF mayor Willie Brown for the money to re-pave the main parking lot, and to pave the outlying dirt lots. Brown told him to pound sand. After each of the 49ers next 3 Super Bowl wins, they asked SF for money to either rehab Candlestick or to build a new stadium (at The Candlestick site, or China Basin). The city shut them down every time.

When the 49ers had no choice but to seek other options in the Bay Area, San Francisco offered up Hunter's Point Naval Ship Yard...an unremediated Superfund site. It is packed with radioactive silt and filler sand. It is so badly polluted that it would take a DECADE to quantify and clean up. To keep their "valuable" and "treasured" football team...they offered up the biggest sh*thole in the Bay Area. Way to show your appreciation, San Francisco.

All of the douchebags that are yammering about how the 49ers have somehow betrayed the City and it's fan base need to study their history. San Francisco made money hand over fist off of this football team, and refused to do what was necessary to keep their venue current.

And to answer the question: yes. Our fan base is embarrassing. It hurts me to talk to some so called "fans" who know so little about our team. They either didn't see the glory days and somehow think that the Montana/Walsh 49ers won every game by 40 points, or did see the glory days, but have conditioned themselves to only remember the highlights. It sucks.

But now we have you to remind us. Thanks for showing up!
[ Edited by juycho on Feb 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM ]

Shoulda been a quote+

What about them?

The really are the SF Bay 49ers. TBH, I'd rather feel the sunshine beating down on me from Santa Clara than the swirling winds at the stick. But my opinion doesn't matter. I'm not going to support those outrageous prices. Probably not even going to watch the games anymore. Just going to enjoy the 49ers in BONE CRUSHING STEREO from now on. I find myself to be emotionally detached if I listen as opposed to watch.
lots of whinners and complainers in niners fan base--like any other fan base
Originally posted by eastbayj:

Here are some replies to the article I'm writing about:

"A season ticket holder since 1969. But no longer will I ever attend a game. The seat license fees....the cost of the seats...the location - that's not an SF team - that's a Silicon Valley Corporate Nightmare. I guess you gotta go where the bucks are, but there was money in SF, too. I just bought shares of stock in the Packers!"

"Good luck with the fans in Sata Clara!

Because they don't have one here, in me!!

I've been a fan since Kezar! Good bye!!"

"consider this. imagine a marriage that goes thru counselling and the therapist is an idiot. the couple decides to split since the suitor for the wife lives two counties away, but she keeps the name of the husband for reference sake.she doesnt want to change her name.she THEN goes and builds a wildly expensive mansion with the husband who is but a chicken scratching the dirt poor. BUT, the wife proclaims her loyalty to her ex by putting up pictures of their wedding and marriage successes in the new house hubby number cant afford but inorder to build it lets others somehow pay for most of it, but is more expensive than cowboy stadium. so, now. lets see this for what it is. you leave a town, change the name. you are idiot enough to screw up san franciscos greatest legacy till J harbaugh frells up the perfect record with a rookie!, and then everyone closes their eyes and ears to a stadium that cant even see the dumbarton bridge on a clear day! a soulless palace to greed and stupidity, which i start with a hmo doctor and a poor excuse of a GM in terry donahue who should have been the next bill walsh. so here it is,i quit you niners for your inept superbowl ( never thought i would ever utter that!) and as a san franciscan i REFUSE to call a team TWO counties down and 17 towns away ( if i count them the way i want to ). on a parking lot plan no less. IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS for the next one thousand and four or less letter /characters to zero. by by idiots! "

Out with the old, in with the new. People are resistant to change. You cant blame em. The 49ers cant stand still till these people decide to get on board. We moving forward for the overall good of the 49ers.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:
Reminds me... Really got turned off when I'm screaming DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!! back in the Nolan era, and this quiet old fan tells me to STFU?!?!? I make noise when the D is out there, especially on 3rd down, I don't know bout yall my voice is always gone after every game I attend

That has definitely happened to me on more than one occasion. Some old a**hole also called security on me and some buddies because we were screaming on defense. Older fans should be watching the games at home if they want to sit back and relax to watch the game with no disturbances. But sadly, they're the ones with the money, so that'll never happen.

I'm hoping that with this new stadium is set up like Seattle's and amplifies the crowd noise somehow. Otherwise we'll always be a team without real home field advantage.

He said nolan era...there was nothing to get loud about
I'm die hard 49er fan till the end win, lose, or draw baby. Till the end of the 4th quarter through a blowout Candlestick while yall leave early trying to beat that retarded Monster park traffic. I'm that dude getting free tickets for the "BUSH BOWL" 49ers vs Texan in the rain, thanks btw that was from you right?

I GET LOUD BOY! You go ahead and disrespect Nolan...I thank the man for bringing in Justin Smith on that helicopter ride and drafting Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker, Joe Staley, Patrick Willis, Dashon Goldson, Lockdown T. Brown. That guy may have had losing seasons but he took over the league worst roster and built a solid foundation. The only player that remained on the roster since Nolan initially took over is Sopoaga and Andy Lee if that counts haha. Even though he threw Alex Smith under the bus, when Smith had that shoulder injury, I still respect what he did for the 49er organization. And as garbage a head coach Singletary was or is(most painful seasons), I still thank him for checking Vernon Davis because Nolan couldn't when VD fought Parys Haralson. but still don't understand why he was so stubborn with starting Chilo Rachal even my wife noticed how much better they played when Snyder subbed in for him. I admit I laughed when he tried transform Smith by yelling at him like he did Vernon. Singletary tried to play checkers when the game is chess match. Impose your will bringing a knife to a gun fight. Fortunately his last season brought us the ability to draft Aldon Smith. Still ever so thankful we got Iupati and Davis, kind of reminds me of a scene in "Any Given Sunday" when coach Pacino screams, "WELL IF YOU LET ME DRAFT THE 2 LINEMEN I WANTED!!..." I take the bad with the good and all in stride

whoa got a little carried away but point being, I GET LOUD FOR THE DEFENSE trying to get that false start or delay of game. Rest my voice during offense, occasionally leaving some hands from fans standing around me RED as the 83 BATTLE jersey I used to sport.*HIGH 5*MFCA

49ERFAITHFULLEST SINCE 84 BORN GOLD BLOOD RUSHING HEAD TO TOE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW BRO
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I know I'm not going to make any friends with this opinion, I think the entire making noise to screw up the opposing offense is a joke. I think it's pathetic. It's a tacit admission that the professional team on the field needs the fans help to beat another team. Yes, this is an old-school opinion, but I'll stick to it. I think the incessant screaming and carrying on detracts from the purity of the game and the experience of watching a very complex game out there on the field. And like I said, if you get your team used to that kind of phony trick at home, then they have a tougher time dealing with the lack of it when they're on the road which is half the season. Plus, it sets a team up for a huge letdown if things don't go well. Walsh used to use that dynamic with his teams. He would tell the team that they were not just playing the other team, but the city and the point would be to quiet them down and break their hearts. When the home team is used to hearing all that noise, the lack of it becomes a problem - they become disheartened. I say get up and scream when your team makes a big stop or when your team scores. Then your team gets the feedback it needs to pump it up to do it again as opposed to this constant cacophony noise that is so incessant that players end up hearing nothing at all.

Please stay home and watch.

I 2nd that... the guys obviously never been to a college or high school game? It's called team spirit Ever see those players on the field raise there hands to pump up the crowd? During the preseason, I'd get sooooooooooo ashamed to hear the Raider fans get louder that 49er fans IN CANDLESTICK!
He said nolan era...there was nothing to get loud about

You must be one of the old guys I'm talking about.

Lol.. Yeah old....I just know when to cheer

Clearly see the reason why it would seem like the Raiders had home games at Candlestick. I guess Jed York did a good thing stopping the annual Battle of the Bay. Blame it on the fighting fans when really he too felt disgusted jk. But really our "Home field advantage" is pretty pathetic because on more than 1 occasion has the away sounded louder. When you notice it watching on TV though really?
I've been a Niner fans for 30 years and live abroad now...Europe...and I can tell you all that the 49ers are one if not the most famous international tema the NFL has...a lot of that has to do with the glory years...but still...the one thing that I can say about our fan base comped to others...from an outside the Bay Area view..is that we have a violent fan base...
I went a couple of years ago to watch the Niners play the Texans in Houston (we lost 24-21...grrrr) and it was so a great experience....Reliant stadium was a blast and the Texan fans were cool and no violence...I took my wife and daughter...it was a family Sunday....

I don't think I'd ever take my family to watch the Niners play at the Stick...seems to be too violent...but that's just what I see...
As far as everything else we are all the same...Homer Niners and we only see the Red and Gold....lol...
What about them?

The really are the SF Bay 49ers. TBH, I'd rather feel the sunshine beating down on me from Santa Clara than the swirling winds at the stick. But my opinion doesn't matter. I'm not going to support those outrageous prices. Probably not even going to watch the games anymore. Just going to enjoy the 49ers in BONE CRUSHING STEREO from now on. I find myself to be emotionally detached if I listen as opposed to watch.

Lolwut?
Share 49ersWebzone