There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do the 49ers have the making of a 16-0 team next year?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No they don't.

care to explain your response? Does this team in 2013 have the makings to go undefeated? the answer is yes!! this team is young and stacked at pretty much all positions...is it likely we will go 16-0? the answer is No!!! but I would say we have a better chance at it than MOST teams for sure!!!
If Kaepernick improves as much as I'd expect a guy with ten starts going into is first offseason as starter then We will be hard as f**k to beat.
No. And im the biggest 49ers homer east of Phoenix.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
we had some weaknesses in our game which have been there all year long exposed on sunday against a good team. How in the world can some people be so arrogant to think we can go 16-0. we must make improvement in many areas of our team, most of which were exposed sunday, if we want to win the division

depth on the defensive line including a justin replacement and another pass rusher so aldon does not get so "tired". that is the excuse he is using for his s**t play in the last few weeks and that is so god damn lame it makes me want to spit nails

a massive upgrade is needed in the secondary

a massive upgrade is needed in special teams in all areas cept for andy lee, Now i think with kyle and hunter coming back along with james i think we are ok with returns but the way we whiffed the tackle on the kickoff return(and do not start with any"holding" penalties) is poetic justice cuz that is what we did all year long

better pass protection from the line , the ability to get plays called in time,,, stop with the f**king penalties as we were one of the most penalized teams in the nfl( and do not start with the nfl had it out for us b******t)

upgrades in the wide out department, get rid of ginn and moss, mario and kyle should help and i would like to think jenkins going to camp ck will help but we need at least one good wideout to join us next year, and while walker did some decent things sunday i think we need a upgrade there

and of course a new f**king kicker

this will not happen I am sure but my guilty pleasure is a new offensive coordinator

you do that maybe we could be 15-1
we'll struggle to win the div next year and will be in the 10-12 win range
We need to do something about our dline rotation. Also, we need a consistent kicker and better special team play.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
if all of the teams improve than we must to, we can not set around resting and playing checkers this off season. we have to play at a high level in every game esp the conference games because we are the guys with the target and everyone always plays their best against us because of what has occured in the last two years. we need to improve in all areas, including coaching. it was inexcusable the number of times this team came out NOT ready to play the game and of course that bit us sunday in the ass. you can get away with some things vs the dolphins , jets and bills but not in the super bowl for gods sake
I think 13 max if we address those issues
I really think our SB loss will drive this team next year. They are pissed and we may have that swag from the 2011 season back. Like I said, I expect 13-3, but they do have the talent to do it.
I think we might take ya'll this year. Haha.
Shouldnt we wait to see what our team, and those on our schedule wind up looking like after FA and the draft before making predictions? Its akin to some websites that have mock drafts posted for 2014.
Please, I'm still getting over first and goal at the seven.
No way in hell.
Sure, why not? Every game is winnable. 11-13 wins is more likely though. There have been plenty of teams capable of going 16-0, only one has actually done it.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by crabman82:
if all of the teams improve than we must to, we can not set around resting and playing checkers this off season. we have to play at a high level in every game esp the conference games because we are the guys with the target and everyone always plays their best against us because of what has occured in the last two years. we need to improve in all areas, including coaching. it was inexcusable the number of times this team came out NOT ready to play the game and of course that bit us sunday in the ass. you can get away with some things vs the dolphins , jets and bills but not in the super bowl for gods sake

for as good of a coaching staff as we have, it was alarming how many times we were out coached this season. seems like every loss we didnt just lose the game, we were out coached in it.