LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 402 users in the forums

Do the 49ers have the making of a 16-0 team next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
12-4 assuming no major catastrophic injuries. The Defensiveline needs to be addressed as well as CB and a coverage LB who can cover tightends because P Willis is a run down LB and not a pass coverehe LB no matter what anyone tells me. On offense, we need AJ Jenkins to show something or sign an explosive wr who can stretch the field. and at center, Jonathan Goodwin needs to be replaced
I wouldn't care if we went 9 - 7, as long as we can get back to the Bowl and win it.
i dont care, id rather go 11-5 and win the superbowl then go 16-0
It's the NFL - professionals at every position and excellent coaching in some cases.

THE QUESTION is - Can we go 16-0?

Yes, we can. BUT it's a long season and injuries do happen. One game at a time works for me.
16-0 is tough. 13-3 will do me as long as we don't lose another game till the following preseasons
If we don't upgrade the secondary and pass rush, and without knowing any free agent signings, health, etc., I'm going to say a similar record awaits us at 11-5. Our talent alone will win 8-9 games, so it'll be a matter of the big road games like in 2012 and focus on beating the "not so good teams" (Vikes? Rams?) Can we go 16-0? Yes, but not likely, nor would I want to do that if we're going to make another SB run. I think all our opponents' defenses will look at the Pistol offense and be much better prepared for it, thus, we'll need a very good and healthy WR/TE core to make Kaep more of a pocket passer, who can scramble. Will there be designed runs for Kaep? Of course, but I really hope Jim/GRo don't make it the base offense. To be honest, I am getting tired of the constant shifts at the line. We have to be way more disciplined in 2013 with clock management. We took way too many TOs away from ourselves and false starts, illegal formations/shifts.

I think we're going to see a lot more teams passing on us with more success in 2013. I know that's pessimistic, but the last 6 games of our season we got exposed BAD. If Kaep wasn't in to create that many points to offset the defensive deficiencies, there's no way we ge to the SB.

Our division is going to be a battle and I could see the Seahawks overtaking us for the division crown if Wilson keeps playing at his 2012 level.

Early predictions by opponent:

Home
ATL - W
GB - L
HOU - W
IND - W
CAR - W
AZ - W
STL - W
SEA - L

Away
NO - L
TB - W
JAX - W
TEN - W
WAS - W
AZ - W
STL - L
SEA - L
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Feb 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
whitner pissed me off but i think i am ok with our "scumbag safeties" that is what seattle calls them and i like it. however we really really need a upgrade with the corners. I felt like i was watching the three headed monster of rumph, jason webster and ahmed P on that keystone cops routine where they let the guy catch it, fall down, get up and run into the end zone... f**king jimmy johnson and bruce taylor would never have allowed that ( that last part was for you me fellow old school fan )

So true. there was several cases of quitting in mid play from the secondary after a catch this year. brock, culliver... I wonder if that is coaching or not, setting the right priorities, the right mental perspective. There's a lot of ex 9ers that would have touched down Jones. Hanks, Lott, Wright, Williamson, Hicks (one of my all time faves), etc etc.
Don't want them to go 16-0. That's just setting yourself up for failure. Just get the #1 seed, which I think we probably will.
15 - 1 unless the Seahawks implode simultaneously.
Hell no!! Not with the defense and how inconsistent this team is in all aspects, player wise and coaching wise

Rams and Fisher study ONLY us lol .

Seahawks are steroiding beasts.

Falcons, I'm sure Tony G will come back one more get.

With this team , we are SO immature. We are TALENTED, but when we're favorites, we get overconfident, and unmotivated.
That leads to careless practicing and gameplanning.

A perfect season is not possible, but also not needed.
this seems like a thread you create after you win the sb, not lose it. 16-0 is beyond insane, lets work on putting 4 quarters of good football together first
We have a tendency to have some dumb games or flat games on occasion throughout the season. We ain't going 16-0. This team is not that type of focused team. I hope Kaepernick really takes a strong leadership role and keeps this team truly focused throughout games. He seems like a take charge kind of player.

The good thing is that this team now feels like it can win any game no matter what.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
this seems like a thread you create after you win the sb, not lose it. 16-0 is beyond insane, lets work on putting 4 quarters of good football together first

of course this is the truth. if we trot out the same team with the same problem areas next year that we saw sunday, we will struggle to win the division
Originally posted by Beezy33:
If we don't upgrade the secondary and pass rush, and without knowing any free agent signings, health, etc., I'm going to say a similar record awaits us at 11-5. Our talent alone will win 8-9 games, so it'll be a matter of the big road games like in 2012 and focus on beating the "not so good teams" (Vikes? Rams?) Can we go 16-0? Yes, but not likely, nor would I want to do that if we're going to make another SB run. I think all our opponents' defenses will look at the Pistol offense and be much better prepared for it, thus, we'll need a very good and healthy WR/TE core to make Kaep more of a pocket passer, who can scramble. Will there be designed runs for Kaep? Of course, but I really hope Jim/GRo don't make it the base offense. To be honest, I am getting tired of the constant shifts at the line. We have to be way more disciplined in 2013 with clock management. We took way too many TOs away from ourselves and false starts, illegal formations/shifts.

I think we're going to see a lot more teams passing on us with more success in 2013. I know that's pessimistic, but the last 6 games of our season we got exposed BAD. If Kaep wasn't in to create that many points to offset the defensive deficiencies, there's no way we ge to the SB.

Our division is going to be a battle and I could see the Seahawks overtaking us for the division crown if Wilson keeps playing at his 2012 level.

Early predictions by opponent:

Home
ATL - W
GB - L
HOU - W
IND - W
CAR - W
AZ - W
STL - W
SEA - L

Away
NO - L
TB - W
JAX - W
TEN - W
WAS - W
AZ - W
STL - L
SEA - L

I can agree with the bolded if we do nothing to address our defensive deficiencies. But if we do take care of those issues, this defense can still be one of the top defenses in the league. As far as your predictions, I really don't see Seattle beating us at home. Seattle is really tough to beat in their own stadium because of the abnormal crowd noise, which makes communication in an offense extremely difficult. But on the road they are probably a slightly above average team. If we improve our pass rush coming into next year, then we can make life hard for RW, as good as he is. I do think we might lose a game that we may expect to win, such as at Washington, or at TB. All in all I think it's reasonable to expect us to finish the season 13-3 and once again have the #1 or #2 seed. I would predict that 13-3 would be good enough to get us the #1 seed.
Share 49ersWebzone