LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 174 users in the forums

Which hurt more? NFC Championship loss vs Giants or Super Bowl Loss?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which hurt more? NFC Championship loss vs Giants or Super Bowl Loss?

• hb123
  • Veteran
I feel like the NY game hurt a bit more while yesterday's game just has me disappointed :/
I think I prefer to be hurt than disappointed too. Its like when you're little and you're parents are mad, might even spank you (it hurts). But when they are terribly disappointed instead, feels like s**t (rather be spanked)

Originally posted by cciowa:
jesus, of course its the super bowl. the nfc title game is only the second most important game you will ever play, I know many people and media in the country are chortling over the fact we lost and we have some humility, f**k them, f**k the ravens, f**k roman and f**k you JH for letting roman call a s**tty series at the end of the game, at least jimmy f**king ray would have known to slam gore or dixon off tackle four times in a row to get 7 f**king lousy yards behind our o lline how can this question be asked with a straight face.

Your def a bandwagon fan! Obviously without Greg Roman and JH we'd be 5-11 or 6-10 as usual. Shush and appreciate the great coaches we have. I hate how it ended but I still am glad they are our coaches and I wouldn't want anyone else
Super Bowl...is this even a real question?.....we were f**king perfect....f**k this s**t....I'm going back to bed...FML!!!
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
jesus, of course its the super bowl. the nfc title game is only the second most important game you will ever play, I know many people and media in the country are chortling over the fact we lost and we have some humility, f**k them, f**k the ravens, f**k roman and f**k you JH for letting roman call a s**tty series at the end of the game, at least jimmy f**king ray would have known to slam gore or dixon off tackle four times in a row to get 7 f**king lousy yards behind our o lline how can this question be asked with a straight face.

Your def a bandwagon fan! Obviously without Greg Roman and JH we'd be 5-11 or 6-10 as usual. Shush and appreciate the great coaches we have. I hate how it ended but I still am glad they are our coaches and I wouldn't want anyone else

You're a bandwagon fan....I've waited 18 years to get back to the Super Bowl and we f**king lose...but I should be proud of the coaches????....GTFOH.
[ Edited by Ninerbowl6 on Feb 4, 2013 at 11:50 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Super Bowl loss most definitely!!!!

49ers perfect Super Bowl record is f**kin ruined!!!!
Giants lose, I was crushed
Ravens lose I'm embarrassed

Players have only themselves to blame... Nearly the entire team underperformed. Last season one single player blew it
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
The super bowl, and it's not close. I have never been more miserable over a loss in sports.

True..so hard to get the to that game, so very hard. Then be 7 yrds away from probably winning after playing like crap for the 1st half..this is terrible, as bad as Rogers fumble and losing the opportunity to compete for a the 3Peat..For me, it will take time, and at the same time this will always be a sore memory..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think it's starting to hit me that we lost the Super Bowl. I think I was in denial.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
The super bowl, and it's not close. I have never been more miserable over a loss in sports.

this
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

You're a bandwagon fan....I've waited 18 years to get back to the Super Bowl and we f**king lose...but I should be proud of the coaches????....GTFOH.

Even though we were outcoached in the SB? Yes, you should be. I was looking forward to seeing how we'd do this season because I'll be honest, I wasn't sure how we would fare coming into the second season. We now know that Jim is no fluke and we look good going forward.

I think Sing ought to come HC for us one season just to have people understand just how grateful we should be.

I know Walsh put our standards very high. You also have to remember, Jim is only a second year NFL coach. I've seen him get outcoached quite a few times this season but he has learned from it. And he will only grow. Heck, he even outcoached Bellichick this season.

Initially, I was more hurt by that NFCCG. I think it took me a good 3 months to get over it. But I know this Superbowl loss will stick with me for a long, long time. I'll admit I was setting myself up for a loss, as I was against GB and Atlanta. So that's why it's easier for me to accept this loss, for now. I know it will take a couple of SB wins to get me over this loss. I hate and absolutely loathe that we have a losing record in the Superbowl.

Obviously it's the Superbowl loss. Ruined the 49ers legacy
It aint even close. We have missed many superbowls before and it is no big deal. To be within a few yards of the win is unbearable though. How on earth we let that happen will forever haunt me.
WHO'S GOT IT BETTER THAN US?! NOBODY!! #49ERS #QuestForSix
Originally posted by 84SheepDog:
uh, the Super Bowl. Watching Young talk up Flacco after the game just made my stomach turn. It's like he said, you can lose Championship Games, but you can't lose Super Bowls. Dammit!

lol of course he would say that. He was the king of choking in championship games. We had to flood our team with ringers for him to get over the hump.
Originally posted by BlacknPurple:
WHO'S GOT IT BETTER THAN US?!

Ravens
Share 49ersWebzone