LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 171 users in the forums

Which hurt more? NFC Championship loss vs Giants or Super Bowl Loss?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which hurt more? NFC Championship loss vs Giants or Super Bowl Loss?

Honestly, the loss against the Giants hurt me more than the Super Bowl did. I really felt like the 9ers outplayed the Giants in that game. I can't say the same thing about the Super Bowl. What about you guys?
The super bowl, and it's not close. I have never been more miserable over a loss in sports.
9ers v giants didn't hurt because I never expected jim to turn the team around that fast

This year I expected to win it all
Super Bowl loss by a landslide. It was great to see us back in the dance, but the frustration from losing is almost unbearable.
Giants by a light year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
jesus, of course its the super bowl. the nfc title game is only the second most important game you will ever play, I know many people and media in the country are chortling over the fact we lost and we have some humility, f**k them, f**k the ravens, f**k roman and f**k you JH for letting roman call a s**tty series at the end of the game, at least jimmy f**king ray would have known to slam gore or dixon off tackle four times in a row to get 7 f**king lousy yards behind our o lline how can this question be asked with a straight face.
uh, the Super Bowl. Watching Young talk up Flacco after the game just made my stomach turn. It's like he said, you can lose Championship Games, but you can't lose Super Bowls. Dammit!
  • Jiks
Both. Last year we were one play away. We handed it to them on a silver platter. This year we can't convert 4 try's in the redzone. All season, all the trials and tribulations in both came down to 2 disheartining ways to lose. Sucks.
The Giants game didn't have me lose sleep, because I knew we'd get back to at least the Championship game... losing a Superbowl (for a franchise that's never lost) kept me sleep-less, and when I did, I had nothing but nightmares...
Agreed. Bottom line if we did not get in the hole we did, we win the game. Last year, was the first year of being back in the playoffs and we were so close and let it go by two gaffes in the playoff. last year's AFC team was a lesser opponent than last night's superbowl.

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
The Giants game didn't have me lose sleep, because I knew we'd get back to at least the Championship game... losing a Superbowl (for a franchise that's never lost) kept me sleep-less, and when I did, I had nothing but nightmares...

Dude we have Colin Kaepernick, our future couldn't look better. Did you really believe Alex was going to get us through the playoffs and the SB with our ST, suspect D and play calling.

From a guy that got timed out a few times this season, good days are ahead.

Losing to the f ing Giants in the NFCC twice by fumbles is heart breaking. I don't even know where Balt is on a map and I'm sure most don't.

We are going to the top and staying for awhile. No way we are winning 10 SB in a row, but ill beore than happy with a 10-1 SB record.
The Giants game.

We're talking about the Craig fumble game right ?
The giants game hurt more because it was end mistakes that cost us in the final few minutes in the superbowl we never had the lead so coming up short while hurt wasn't that shocking
Originally posted by cciowa:
jesus, of course its the super bowl. the nfc title game is only the second most important game you will ever play, I know many people and media in the country are chortling over the fact we lost and we have some humility, f**k them, f**k the ravens, f**k roman and f**k you JH for letting roman call a s**tty series at the end of the game, at least jimmy f**king ray would have known to slam gore or dixon off tackle four times in a row to get 7 f**king lousy yards behind our o lline how can this question be asked with a straight face.

This ^^^ Not only this we get hosed by the officials because Ray is retiring. I new this going in, but I thought we'd overcome it by running up the score on them, where was the take no prisoner mentality, it was our legacy to never lose a Superbowl. Now we're no different than any other Superbowl contestant. Sure we have five but the Steelers have 6, we will have 6, but we will be no different than the when would've been save yesterday.
[ Edited by Jamison on Feb 4, 2013 at 5:41 PM ]
Absolutely the Giants game. It's not even close for me. And this is coming from a guy who was at the Superdome.
Share 49ersWebzone