LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Which hurt more? NFC Championship loss vs Giants or Super Bowl Loss?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which hurt more? NFC Championship loss vs Giants or Super Bowl Loss?

A better question is what's worse, a team that perennially sucks, or a team that perennially chokes in the playoffs with the Lombardi within it's grasp?
SB
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Super Bowl loss

Not even close
Originally posted by jrg:
Super Bowl loss

Not even close

this
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
A Super Bowl loss is the worst kind of loss you can have by far.

i am stunned by people who do not understand this SD
Originally posted by 100PROOF:
9ers v giants didn't hurt because I never expected jim to turn the team around that fast

This year I expected to win it all

yeah, if we lost to the saints, wouldn't have been mad last year either. (blowing a 2 score lead in hindsight)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D-Money:
After the giants game I was angry. Like punch you in the mouth mad. This year I'm just hurt. I feel like my dog died. I never thought we would lose a superbowl and i still dont get it. But last year our D was dominant, this year I was not confident in them. And no my dog is still alive and I love her.

in the giants game the coaches got cute and we lost,, in this game the coaches got cute and we lost,,, nice trend guys
So you would rather be a Ravens fan who is 2-0 in the SB vs being 6-2 like the Steelers or 5-1 like the Niners?
Originally posted by cciowa:

This. How is a Conference Championship loss more hurtful than a SB loss in the dying seconds?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:

This. How is a Conference Championship loss more hurtful than a SB loss in the dying seconds?

what hurts is that it feels like our coaches or at least roman,who are supposed to protect us, gave it away. i feel like i have been violated

The SB loss.
The Giants game was part of a very unexpected season... this year I felt the entire postseason that we would win it all... so Super Bowl loss is awful.
I've seen them lose five or six conference championships. This is the first time for the Super Bowl. Now we all know. Of course, this one hurts the most. The only thing I can hang my hat on is that they're the odds-on Vegas favorite to be back there next year again.
what hurts is that it feels like our coaches or at least roman,who are supposed to protect us, gave it away. i feel like i have been violated

Same here. Like I actually believed we were going to win...then the playcalling inside the 5 had me

I really did want to cry. Last year was more of a WTF? But I felt the momentum moving in the Giants favor. I guess I was just happy with being in the playoffs at that point. This one is much worse as the expectations wre higher and it felt like we handed over the SB in the redzone.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:

Same here. Like I actually believed we were going to win...then the playcalling inside the 5 had me

I really did want to cry. Last year was more of a WTF? But I felt the momentum moving in the Giants favor. I guess I was just happy with being in the playoffs at that point. This one is much worse as the expectations wre higher and it felt like we handed over the SB in the redzone.
i wanted to puke and cry. i hate to puke so i watched the cute bud commercial about the horse running after his trainer about ten times today, it made me cry so it was somewhat helpfull.. then i thought of three pass plays while gore sets and plays checkers and i got f**king pissed off again at roman
Share 49ersWebzone