LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

What's worse

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SantaFe49er:
This is the worst loss i've ever experienced and i'll never get over it but the pain i'm feeling now will go away with time. It's going to be a long off-season. I can't wait until week 1 so i can put this behind us. I just hope the players never forget this feeling and come back next year and win the damn thing. Winning the SB and winning it SOON, like in a year or two, will be the only thing to ease the pain.

the thing is, nothing will get put behind us until we're hoisting that lombardi trophy again.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by SantaFe49er:
This is the worst loss i've ever experienced and i'll never get over it but the pain i'm feeling now will go away with time. It's going to be a long off-season. I can't wait until week 1 so i can put this behind us. I just hope the players never forget this feeling and come back next year and win the damn thing. Winning the SB and winning it SOON, like in a year or two, will be the only thing to ease the pain.

the thing is, nothing will get put behind us until we're hoisting that lombardi trophy again.

Your right but it will help to move on. The damn thing is i almost think it's easier for the players to put it behind them because in a few weeks they'll be working out and preparing for next season. All we can do is watch ESPN, NFLN and read stories on the zone. haha.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
I really don't understand the infatuation with the Super Bowl record. Yes it would have been nice to remain undefeated in the Super Bowl, but how can anyone seriously say it is better to lose in the playoffs than to lose in the Super Bowl. We got to watch our team up until the very last game of the NFL season. We came really close to coming out on top, but fell just short. So all that should be thrown out the window because we're now 5-1? Are you saying it's better to go to, say, 3 Super Bowls and win them all, than to go to, say, 7 Super Bowls and be 5-2? Come on, it's always better to be in the Super Bowl, although in either case it is a failure if you don't win. Also, why is it that no one seems to have a problem with the fact that we were 4-9 in NFC Championship Games coming into the game at Atlanta? Why is that not a blemish on the 49ers record?

I'd rather be 5-0 in the Super Bowl than 5-1 or worse. Ask the Steelers how they felt when they finally dropped a Super Bowl to Dallas. Now that would have really sucked if this Super Bowl was against the Bengals who we beat twice in the Super Bowl and then lost to them later on. Remember Pittsburgh had never lost a Super Bowl until that 1995 squad. Now the Montana/Young era is going to be tarnished by this team getting screwed as hard as possible by the refs in this game to send murdering scumbag Ray Ray out with another ring. You know all year long next year we are going to be reminded in every game how this team lost the Super Bowl. We were so close to winning it, I'd rather lose in the NFC Championship like we did to Green Bay back in 1997 rather than go into the Super Bowl and lose. I have never felt this more robbed since 1990 when the Giants tried to kill Montana out there on the field. Even with that game, I think the Bills should have won that Super Bowl against the Giants. We would have won if the refs weren't so far up Baltimore's ass.

This Super Bowl felt a lot like the Bills/Giants one to the point even if it came down to 1 point and Akers could have won it, he would have missed it I think.
[ Edited by SpeedDemon on Feb 4, 2013 at 2:29 PM ]
Originally posted by SpeedDemon:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
I really don't understand the infatuation with the Super Bowl record. Yes it would have been nice to remain undefeated in the Super Bowl, but how can anyone seriously say it is better to lose in the playoffs than to lose in the Super Bowl. We got to watch our team up until the very last game of the NFL season. We came really close to coming out on top, but fell just short. So all that should be thrown out the window because we're now 5-1? Are you saying it's better to go to, say, 3 Super Bowls and win them all, than to go to, say, 7 Super Bowls and be 5-2? Come on, it's always better to be in the Super Bowl, although in either case it is a failure if you don't win. Also, why is it that no one seems to have a problem with the fact that we were 4-9 in NFC Championship Games coming into the game at Atlanta? Why is that not a blemish on the 49ers record?

I'd rather be 5-0 in the Super Bowl than 5-1 or worse. Ask the Steelers how they felt when they finally dropped a Super Bowl to Dallas. Now that would have really sucked if this Super Bowl was against the Bengals who we beat twice in the Super Bowl and then lost to them later on. Remember Pittsburgh had never lost a Super Bowl until that 1995 squad. Now the Montana/Young era is going to be tarnished by this team getting screwed as hard as possible by the refs in this game to send murdering scumbag Ray Ray out with another ring.

This game had nothing to do with Montana and Young and nothing they did is remotely tarnished lol.

And please stop blaming the refs, its embarrassing. Over a hundred plays in a game and you're blaming one or two... just stop.
losing to GB is what would have hurt me the most. Now that the perfect record is gone I want to go to as many as possible.

Trippy but since 81 the Niners go to the SB every 5.2 years...ha ha, hella skewed stat I know but still. Lets get that stat even SMALLER!!!
This hurts. But it beats watching other teams play.
The NFC Championship game last year hurt MUCH worse for me. It was just an absolutely devastating way to lose. A fumble by Kyle Williams in the 4th and in overtime? Unfathomable.
Shouldve just lost to the Falcons. At least we couldve used home-field as an excuse. This is just devastating.
This team didn't deserve to win. They were so out of sync from the get go!

I think this is a blessing in disguise. If we had somehow squeaked out a win I feel the team would get too head over heels with no desire to continuously improve...and this would have been the last super bowl of ours for the next 20 years.

Now the sting of defeat and the desire to win will be even greater. I feel this will propel us to greater heights and at least 2-3 Lombardi's under the CK/Harbaugh era.
speaking honestly, waking up this morning and seeing all of the posts about saying we were robbed, the fix was in, refs cost us the game etc feels worse than losing the game. i felt we were better than that. theres nothing to prove any calls cost us anything. ravens could have had a td drive if they called back called back the return td. we could have still not scored even if they called a penalty on the 4th down play. nothing is a formality and its just the inner homer coming through when we resort to the blaming of the refs. we should have never let it get to that point and should have seperated ourselves from the ravens in the previous 50 something minutes of the game.

People don't seem to understand that the refs are a part of the field; just like the weather. If the weather sucks, take ADVANTAGE. The refs weren't calling defensive holding all game. The Ravens took ADVANTAGE of it.

Originally posted by danimal:
losing to GB is what would have hurt me the most. Now that the perfect record is gone I want to go to as many as possible.

Trippy but since 81 the Niners go to the SB every 5.2 years...ha ha, hella skewed stat I know but still. Lets get that stat even SMALLER!!!

ABSOLUTELY.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

I think this is a blessing in disguise. If we had somehow squeaked out a win I feel the team would get too head over heels with no desire to continuously improve...and this would have been the last super bowl of ours for the next 20 years.

Now the sting of defeat and the desire to win will be even greater. I feel this will propel us to greater heights and at least 2-3 Lombardi's under the CK/Harbaugh era.

I understand your logic and considered it my self when looking for silver linings but i would have preferred a current SB win over possible future wins. Instant gratification. Plus there's the Dan Marino argument.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
speaking honestly, waking up this morning and seeing all of the posts about saying we were robbed, the fix was in, refs cost us the game etc feels worse than losing the game. i felt we were better than that. theres nothing to prove any calls cost us anything. ravens could have had a td drive if they called back called back the return td. we could have still not scored even if they called a penalty on the 4th down play. nothing is a formality and its just the inner homer coming through when we resort to the blaming of the refs. we should have never let it get to that point and should have seperated ourselves from the ravens in the previous 50 something minutes of the game.

People don't seem to understand that the refs are a part of the field; just like the weather. If the weather sucks, take ADVANTAGE. The refs weren't calling defensive holding all game. The Ravens took ADVANTAGE of it.

We got called for defensive PI...

But yeah, fans just venting. Better than punching holes through walls.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

I actually sort of agree with that. The loss still stings like nothing else. But I had been thinking before that if they win this Super Bowl, will they still have that intense desire to win next year? I think the fact that they've gone through two tough losses two years in a row will harden the team and strengthen its resolve to win, from management, to scouting, to coaching, to players. With the offense looking so explosive now, I think if we make a few upgrades at a few key positions this team can be a juggernaut next year. I think we're a few pieces away from being a truly dominant team similar to the 49ers of old. Hopefully we don't have to deal with the injuries we had this year. I really think we missed the likes of Manningham and Kyle Williams who would have made our offense even more explosive. I see this team putting up 400-500 yards of offense on a consistent basis next year. We just need to fix some holes in the defense and this team can be virutally unstoppable.
i am so glad we made it to the super bowl.. everyone was hating so much on us.. but we made it.. i think we gained a lot of respect by making in here.. but lets hope we make it again.. (remember the cards, eagles...) all good teams but at some point but never made it back... take a look at the teams that made it to the super bowl and lost... where are they now.. or years after..
Share 49ersWebzone