There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What is your biggest priority for improving the 2013 roster?

We need another cover corner so we can move Cully over to safety to replace Whitner. Come on down Mr. Revis. We shoulda got a run stopper to cover the loss of Harralson.
[ Edited by father49er on Feb 4, 2013 at 6:51 PM ]
Along with every other team in the league, we could use another corner. Honestly we should look at the Seahawk model and scout some of those type of corners.
[ Edited by jones49 on Feb 4, 2013 at 6:51 PM ]
somebody get Whitner off the f**king field
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Genius1310:
Yes, please.
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:

This

Oh pretty please
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

I dont know if I'd go that far but he really fell off the second half of the season. Normally a good hitter but his tackling has been pretty weak as of latte and he cant cover worth a s**t.
We found out why Whitner was clowned by Bills fans when we signed him.
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

I dont know if I'd go that far but he really fell off the second half of the season. Normally a good hitter but his tackling has been pretty weak as of latte and he cant cover worth a s**t.
great against the run but blows a*****e against the pass
When is Watt a free agent?

We need to get him to replace Smith when he declines or leaves.
Our secondary will give up a few BIG plays every game. Too many imo. Its a known weekness. I cant remember the last time I saw Flacco take so many shots downfield. The coaches need to watch the Seahawk secondary more and learn how its done.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
get rid of all four secondary guys
kick aldon smith in the f**king ass,, his injury was b******t, that was no reason for him to be behind every f**king play, he was a disaster area, the whole god damn defense, aside from willis and brooks, was a disaster area,,it would have been appropriate for the f**king red cross to come out and serve coffee and doughnuts during the game
draft at least two d line men including a pass rusher
Originally posted by jones49:
Our secondary will give up a few BIG plays every game. Too many imo. Its a known weekness. I cant remember the last time I saw Flacco take so many shots downfield. The coaches need to watch the Seahawk secondary more and learn how its done.

Yes, it seems hand checks are no linger considered passing interference.
Originally posted by father49er:
We need another cover corner so we can move Cully over to safety to replace Whitner. Come on down Mr. Revis. We shoulda got a run stopper to cover the loss of Harralson.

Culliver at safety? Can he bring the wood? I would have been happy if he had the common sense to touch the guy laying on the ground who just torched him but he was too busy feeling sorry for himself.
I think I would stick with Whitner.
Originally posted by cciowa:
kick aldon smith in the f**king ass,, his injury was b******t, that was no reason for him to be behind every f**king play, he was a disaster area, the whole god damn defense, aside from willis and brooks, was a disaster area,,it would have been appropriate for the f**king red cross to come out and serve coffee and doughnuts during the game

I think the Smith brothers only had two good arms between them. Neither Smith when healthy is remotely close to being a problem, the Niners cannot upgrade either of them.
It all comes down to the pass rush, this defense looked fine when Justin Smith was healthy, as soon as he got injured, you could begin tracking the defense's downwards trajectory. They need to focus on upgrading the pass rush and getting a solid DE rotation going, 3 DE's rotating in and out throughout the game with another DE providing depth in case of injury.

They need a real nose tackle, Soap is not a nose tackle, he performed very well last year and still was in the middle of NFL nose tackles, this year he fell off the map and was basically ranked at rock bottom.

Those are the priorities.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by cciowa:

I think the Smith brothers only had two good arms between them. Neither Smith when healthy is remotely close to being a problem, the Niners cannot upgrade either of them.
i am nuts today but i do understand your point about the arms,, but man at least justin did somethings,, aldon may as well been off the field. he stood up all the time and was always watching plays that were in front of him. he never could catch up to the runner or the qb,, looked like his legs were gone not his arm. i am not asking to upgrade but i think and hope you agree that we must must get justins replacement in the draft and then get another pass rusher with our top two picks. i am just asking for some depth please and for someone other than aldon to rush the passer. i thought they would turn brooks loose more , i know he had a bad shoulder but ,, ahh i picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue