There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Your reasons for why we lost

Originally posted by TDNiners:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Look, i was as big of an Alex Smith supporter as they come. I thought the switch was a mistake and argued such alot on this board. But the fact is Kaep did not cost this team anything.

Kid balled out in the post season. Had a huge comback against the Falcons, and was one successful play away from having the biggest super bowl comeback in history by a large margin. Kaep proved himself and he deserves praise.

People claiming Karma, or that Smith would have been a better option are grasping. Kaep was amazing this post season.

Justin Smith not being 100% had a bigger impact on this game than the switch from Alex to Colin.

Something is wrong with Aldon Smith too..
Yep! apparently overhype,and credit that Justin smith deserves........ Oh and downright laziness! He didn't break the sack record bit he he sure Broke the take plays off record currently,held,by randy moss
The reason Alex was benched was due to the Giant's game. They killed him and exploited his weakness's. He got sacked and had only one read and good teams exploited that. Kaep gives opposing defenses more to plan for
Aldon smith seems like he wants to turn it up when he feels like it. No sense of urgency even in the super bowl
Originally posted by asyouwerebanddotcom:
Originally posted by WhyBenchAlex:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Why are you attacking me? The formula we had with Alex was very successful and Harbaugh making the switch came back to bite us. It's as simple as that!

lol. what a joke
Get of Alex's nuts dude. That formula was play great defense and not turn the ball over on offense. If we used that formula this post season there was no way we would've even made it to the super bowl the way our defense was playing.

Our defense really disappointed me this post season
Alex would of extended drives with high % passes and would of checked out of certain play calls. He was 6-2 with a 100 QB rating. If he didn't get hurt we wouldn't be having this discussion. He would of been the difference in this game.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg stop! No really! I'm gonna squirt milk out my nose! Your the jim carrey of footbal analysts U are right though, we wouldn't be having this discusssion cause it would've ended in December when we didn't go to the playoffs with Alice smith. But I believe I just discovered a new kc fan! Its a lonely club but Go you!

Just one more month and the Alex Smith bandwagon can finally head out of town.

Alex only wishes he had Kaep's talent.
1. the defense failed the Niners. We used to have a great defense and wanted our QB to be a game manager and not lose the game. But now we have an offense that must win the game for us. We need a defense that can just not give up 24+ points.

2. injuries really hurt the Niners this season--Aldon Smith wasn't the same player the second half of the season and in the playoffs, Justin Smith also--and it had a domino effect on the whole defense--as the secondary got exposed.

3. a bad 2012 draft caught up to the Niners, our defense is aging and the players didn't have anyone to give them rest especially on the d line. And when injuries hit on offense we were thin at WR.

4. The special teams broke down this season giving up key plays all season long including the Super Bowl.

5. The slow starts in the playoffs--falling behind GB 14-7, Atlanta 17-0, Baltimore 28-6--eventually it will bite you. To see how easy it was for the Niners to come back in all three games says the team has great talent and when adjustments are made they take control, but then that also means the opposition had a better game plan at the start and the ravens built enough of a cushion to win.

6. I don't blame the refs--there were some calls here and there but they didn't cost the Niners the win.

7. The Niners need to find a way to defend a spread offense and the pistol themselves, they will see both in the years ahead.
WE need to fix the secondary!!!!!!!!
Great heads up play by the Ravens DB / CB on that hold on Crabtree, designed to do what ever it takes to not let Crabtree score, too bad the Refs didnt see the hold.
Originally posted by asyouwerebanddotcom:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Why are you attacking me? The formula we had with Alex was very successful and Harbaugh making the switch came back to bite us. It's as simple as that!

lol. what a joke
Get of Alex's nuts dude. That formula was play great defense and not turn the ball over on offense. If we used that formula this post season there was no way we would've even made it to the super bowl the way our defense was playing.

Our defense really disappointed me this post season
Alex would of extended drives with high % passes and would of checked out of certain play calls. He was 6-2 with a 100+ QB rating. If he didn't get hurt we wouldn't be having this discussion. He would of been the difference in this game.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg stop! No really! I'm gonna squirt milk out my nose! Your the jim carrey of footbal analysts U are right though, we wouldn't be having this discusssion cause it would've ended in December when we didn't go to the playoffs with Alice smith. But I believe I just discovered a new kc fan! Its a lonely club but Go you!
Who are you a starving comedian or something?
Originally posted by mryan1004:
WE need to fix the secondary!!!!!!!!

We need 1 good CB and we need a DE that will eventually replace Justin but can give him a breather here and there until he's ready...

We probably need another WR...AJ didn't step up this season when Manningham and Kyle went out....and we don't know that either or both of those guys will be 100% after their injuries.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
1. the defense failed the Niners. We used to have a great defense and wanted our QB to be a game manager and not lose the game. But now we have an offense that must win the game for us. We need a defense that can just not give up 24+ points.

2. injuries really hurt the Niners this season--Aldon Smith wasn't the same player the second half of the season and in the playoffs, Justin Smith also--and it had a domino effect on the whole defense--as the secondary got exposed.

3. a bad 2012 draft caught up to the Niners, our defense is aging and the players didn't have anyone to give them rest especially on the d line. And when injuries hit on offense we were thin at WR.

4. The special teams broke down this season giving up key plays all season long including the Super Bowl.

5. The slow starts in the playoffs--falling behind GB 14-7, Atlanta 17-0, Baltimore 28-6--eventually it will bite you. To see how easy it was for the Niners to come back in all three games says the team has great talent and when adjustments are made they take control, but then that also means the opposition had a better game plan at the start and the ravens built enough of a cushion to win.

6. I don't blame the refs--there were some calls here and there but they didn't cost the Niners the win.

7. The Niners need to find a way to defend a spread offense and the pistol themselves, they will see both in the years ahead.

Agreed, this was the most disturbing trend if any.
Draft 3 Defensive ends and a cornerback with our 1st 4 picks
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
They played like idiots.

1st half, the defense were slugs and not cohesive as a unit. Maybe too much Mardi Gras? If the Ravens had covered Davis better we'd have gotten nothing the first half. Refs were calling penalties against Niners and overlooking Raven mistakes. And WTF with all the punches being thrown by Ravens and overlooked by officials?? It apparently took a blackout for us to gain some momentum. Niners got to New Orleans and started acting like buffoons--Moss saying he's the greatest WR when he's on the roster of the team who Rice (GOAT)actually played for! Then Culliver's comments only reflect badly on the team. And Sopoaga and Brooks deny making a video that promotes compassion and the be kind to others/anti-bullying mentality. WHAT?! Embarrassing. Waited thru a lot of s**tty seasons of Sundays to see the team grow, only to not want it enough, I feel sorry for Alex, Frank, Vernon, PW. On the other hand they made it to the Super Bowl. They tasted it (and Kap did too!) GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Five referee calls that changed the game:

1) Missed holding on kickoff return where Bruce Miller was basically held by two Ravens

2) Akers was run in to and could have easily been roughing giving the Niners a first down

3) No ejection after Williams pushed a ref in the first half or even a flag thrown

4) No offensive interference when Cully was basically the receiver

5) Horrible non call on 4th down on Crabs

Any one of these could have changed the outcome.
Slow start on offense!

We got most of are yards in garbage time, when the ravens went to prevent.
Because the playoffs were a new season, and we won two in a row.

Inevitably, the two consecutive wins lead to a loss.