There are 204 users in the forums

Your reasons for why we lost

Shop Find 49ers gear online
can't believe the play calling so close to the endzone.

Run the F'n ball down their throats with jumbo packages. ravens were tired. if we would've scored could have eaten up some time on the clock too.

SMH
Originally posted by WhyBenchAlex:
Originally posted by asyouwerebanddotcom:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Yo Wolf, wouldnt u know it. Mooch said the same thing that I did. Hah, and i said it first. lmao. But yeah as i said it was a good no call, and the game shouldnt have been decided by that one stop. I mean thats like saying if the refs make the right call we win. You never leave a game in the Refs hands. Just have to make things happen. Just that simple.
I'm with you on this! Kap blew it at the end and just like the other guy said "KARMA!" Blame the refs all you want but we should of never made the QB switch!

We shouldn't have made the qb switch? Seriously I don't know if I should reply to this or report this as terrorist accusations against our country! You and u alone are the only one who would say this and your a dip s**t. Take a bottle of Valium and call me in the morning! Wow your high! Not like pot high, but acid injected with gasoline and topped off with insanity high! HIGH! In case I didn't make myself clear, the voices in your head mean u are officially.................. HIGH!!!!!! Um yeah......................................................... HIGH!
Why are you attacking me? The formula we had with Alex was very successful and Harbaugh making the switch came back to bite us. It's as simple as that!
Originally posted by asyouwerebanddotcom:
Yo Wolf, wouldnt u know it. Mooch said the same thing that I did. Hah, and i said it first. lmao. But yeah as i said it was a good no call, and the game shouldnt have been decided by that one stop. I mean thats like saying if the refs make the right call we win. You never leave a game in the Refs hands. Just have to make things happen. Just that simple.
I'm with you on this! Kap blew it at the end and just like the other guy said "KARMA!" Blame the refs all you want but we should of never made the QB switch!

We shouldn't have made the qb switch? Seriously I don't know if I should reply to this or report this as terrorist accusations against our country! You and u alone are the only one who would say this and your a dip s**t. Take a bottle of Valium and call me in the morning! Wow your high! Not like pot high, but acid injected with gasoline and topped off with insanity high! HIGH! In case I didn't make myself clear, the voices in your head mean u are officially.................. HIGH!!!!!! Um yeah......................................................... HIGH!
Why are you attacking me? The formula we had with Alex was very successful and Harbaugh making the switch came back to bite us. It's as simple as that!
IM NOT ATTACKING YOU! IM ATTACKING THE VOICES IN YOUR HEAD! You're high!!!!!!!!
IT looks something like this...

Defense - 40% - gave up 27 points (21 in the first half), and consistently gave up third down conversions and made stupid penalties. Drives in the first half TD, punt, TD, Downs, TD. Almost impossible to win when the defense is just laying an egg. We overcame this against GB and ATL, but slim chances of this happening again.

ST - 15% - 7 points given up, giving Jones a huge lane to run though

Kap - 20% - He did throw a pick, started out slow, and couldn't get us into the endzone on the last drive. They put the ownus on Kap to throw the ball in, but he was unable to do so. He touches the ball every play, so he has to be partially responsible

Execution - 20% - A great example is the very first series. Kap complete a 15 yard pass, but gets called back for illegal formation. Result is a punt and -2 net yards on the drive. Playcalling was bad on 2pt play and last 4 plays, but they could have audibled. Execution on the those 5 plays was just bad.

Niners have done been very bad at 2 things over 2011 season
-Penalties
-secondary giving up chunks of yards

These both need to get fixed this offseason.
Well i didnt really say anything about the Kharma thing?????? Thats a very slippery slope, that can get deep in my opinion.

My wife said Kharma, and i told her, "I think it's time for u to go to bed, i dont wanna hear no crap right now.... Then gave her a kiss, cuz the 49ers lost tonight, i aint tryna mess around and get a mad wife cuz of a football game." lol.

But then i thought about it and tried to think of where she and others in here were coming from, and came with this.

With Ray Lewis, if we as individuals have a little super religious side, you can understand when the HOF's in Deion, Irvin, Young, Rice, John Harbaugh, Reed, Sapp, and others when they talk about the Religious Power of Will and Overcoming the Odds. And Lewis being able to will his team to glory. Some call it a joke, but I have to say I see it completely from that side.

Now in feeling that aspect..........This is where I "think" people come from with this Kharma loss. Am I saying it's the reason... HELL NO...., just trying to think of why, and we all know.

The benching of Smith. Taking personal feeling out, you say he got us to the championship, then won half the season for us, got hurt, then when Kaep got his chance, he blew the mofo open. Cant blame Kaep, even tho I know some do. So from that mindframe, it's like many were still saying about the move up until the championship game..... The why, and the "if it will come back to haunt Harbaugh...." and the "It's messed up to bench a dude that helped get u this far, and what u were doing, was still working"...TAnd maybe thats why some are talking about this Kharma thing. That no matter how much we fought back, no matter overcoming the odds, that we wouldnt win.

With the Kharma thing, i'm only giving my two cents on "maybe why" people, (including my wife), are even talking about it. And being that I said nothing about Kharma, when you reposted my words. I just wanted to make that clear.

We lost and I have to say I ain't felt this bad in a minute. Got work on Monday, and my entire building knows I'm a die hard niner. So really it's gonna suck, that instead of being able to deal with it, and forget the pain. That damn Giants (tons), and Vikings, and Patriot fans, gonna be asking what this and that, and saying smart s**t.

I can come back with at least we made it to the SB. But we still lost..... Sorry if soo long, but tonight is different.
  • dj43
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Coaching.

It's the job of the coaches to call the right plays and create the right scheme and to manage the clock. We did none of this.

The last 4 offensive plays are when you have to give your players a chance to at least attempt a play.
First play, a run up the middle, sends the game to the two minute warning. Horrible call. We needed to SAVE time. Time is everything at that point. The most we could have possibly run the clock down was to about a minute. The Ravens had all three of their timeouts to march down the field and kick a field goal, so it wouldn't have mattered AT ALL if we ran the clock down a little bit. They had all the time in the world with their three timeouts. Every second we took off the clock was another second lost for us.

The next play was a rollout. These plays never work to start with, and I don't think they have worked all season on the goal line.
The next two plays were shotgun snaps, but the Ravens blitzed them straight up the middle two times in a row giving Kap zero time to make a throw. Both times he just went to the hot read without barely even looking because he had zero time. The second throw was amazing, but Crabtree was held so he couldn't get to the ball. Kap did everything in his power to make a play given the horrible play calling on that last sequence.

And next. You don't call a timeout in that situation. Remember I talked about how desperate we needed to SAVE the clock at that point? We needed the timeouts even more desperately. We needed them much MUCH more than we needed those 5 worthless yards. If anything, the extra space would give our receivers an opportunity to run a cleaner route. Absolutely no excuse to call a timeout. Again, the coaches simply don't understand how important clock management is, or how to implement it.

The Ravens came prepared from the very start of the game with a great gameplan, and we came out with our cute stuff hoping to trick everybody. It was the worst gameplan to start a game we have had all year. That really hurt us bad going down by 22 points to start the game.

It was Kap in the POCKET that got us back in the game. In that last sequence we weren't able to manage to give Kap ONE single play from the pocket. We ran it, rolled out, and had instant pressure on the last two. Not giving Kap a single opportunity to throw a pass from the pocket on that last sequence is the final poor coaching straw that broke our back. You can't consistently put your players in poor positions over and over in the Super Bowl.

Its a shame that we couldn't at least have given the kid an opportunity in those final plays.

Our players were shoving people after the whistle. Walker even tossed a ball at a Ravens player that could have easily been a penalty. He did this after making a catch that failed to get a first down. Vernon Davis almost got several other penalties after the whistle. I couldn't believe the attitude our players had in this game. They were completely undisciplined, which is yes, once again the fault of the coaches. To not have your players ready to play smart in the biggest game is inexcusable. Vernon and Walker and others were more interested in the show of the Super Bowl, then they were in the final result. Well, at least they got what they wanted. They got to strut their stuff and defend their pride in front of millions. The refs gave us a break with a lot of the post whistle activity. We were lucky not to get personal fouls after the whistle.

Our players almost bailed out the coaches, but in the end, the refs decided the game. If you depend on the refs, you are depending on luck. Depending on luck is no way to win a game. We were out coached, and the Ravens deserved the game.

Good stuff.

The difference between what the 49ers were doing deep in the red zone and what the Ravens were doing was telling. While the 49ers were limiting themselves to just one side of the field and getting stuffed, the Ravens spread the field and had easy throws for scores. Seattle did the same thing to the 49ers up in at their house. Russell Wilson had all kinds of time and numerous options throwing out of a spread. John H obviously saw that on film and took advantage of it. Jim either didn't see it or ignored it and lost the Super Bowl.

As you said, the players almost bailed out the coaches. In a way, I am glad they didn't. Now Jim Harbaugh will have to listen to all the critics all winter talking about his stubbornness and lack of proper film work. Let the pressure fall where it should. Jim has gotten far too much credit for the 49er "turnaround." He inherited a lot of talent from a terrible HC. He SHOULD be winning with that talent. He is way over-rated by a lot of people and tonight he got exposed just like he did against Seattle.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

lol. what a joke
Get of Alex's nuts dude. That formula was play great defense and not turn the ball over on offense. If we used that formula this post season there was no way we would've even made it to the super bowl the way our defense was playing.

Our defense really disappointed me this post season

EXACTLY

lol. what a joke
Get of Alex's nuts dude. That formula was play great defense and not turn the ball over on offense. If we used that formula this post season there was no way we would've even made it to the super bowl the way our defense was playing.

Alex would of extended drives with high % passes and would of checked out of certain play calls. He was 6-2 with a 100+ QB rating. If he didn't get hurt we wouldn't be having this discussion. He would of been the difference in this game.
Oh why couldn't we just run the ball with Gore or Kaep??? WHY???
Look, i was as big of an Alex Smith supporter as they come. I thought the switch was a mistake and argued such alot on this board. But the fact is Kaep did not cost this team anything.

Kid balled out in the post season. Had a huge comback against the Falcons, and was one successful play away from having the biggest super bowl comeback in history by a large margin. Kaep proved himself and he deserves praise.

People claiming Karma, or that Smith would have been a better option are grasping. Kaep was amazing this post season.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Look, i was as big of an Alex Smith supporter as they come. I thought the switch was a mistake and argued such alot on this board. But the fact is Kaep did not cost this team anything.

Kid balled out in the post season. Had a huge comback against the Falcons, and was one successful play away from having the biggest super bowl comeback in history by a large margin. Kaep proved himself and he deserves praise.

People claiming Karma, or that Smith would have been a better option are grasping. Kaep was amazing this post season.

Justin Smith not being 100% had a bigger impact on this game than the switch from Alex to Colin.

We can blame everyone...but it doesn't matter ....we lost the super bowl....is in the books already...I hope we can make it next season....there is opportunities once in a lifetime you better take em ...or they gone...I think they let it go...I hope im wrong..

lol. what a joke

Alex would of extended drives with high % passes and would of checked out of certain play calls. He was 6-2 with a 100+ QB rating. If he didn't get hurt we wouldn't be having this discussion. He would of been the difference in this game.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg stop! No really! I'm gonna squirt milk out my nose! Your the jim carrey of footbal analysts U are right though, we wouldn't be having this discusssion cause it would've ended in December when we didn't go to the playoffs with Alice smith. But I believe I just discovered a new kc fan! Its a lonely club but Go you!
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Justin Smith not being 100% had a bigger impact on this game than the switch from Alex to Colin.

Something is wrong with Aldon Smith too..
Originally posted by TDNiners:
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Something is wrong with Aldon Smith too..
Yep! apparently overhype,and credit that Justin smith deserves........ Oh and downright laziness! He didn't break the sack record bit he he sure Broke the take plays off record currently,held,by randy moss
The reason Alex was benched was due to the Giant's game. They killed him and exploited his weakness's. He got sacked and had only one read and good teams exploited that. Kaep gives opposing defenses more to plan for
Share 49ersWebzone