LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 427 users in the forums

Your reasons for why we lost

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I also have to add poor tackling. This team had been so sound fundamentally up until today. I lost count of how many times they would hit somebody but not wrap up and would give up a first down. Incredible.
Coaching.

It's the job of the coaches to call the right plays and create the right scheme and to manage the clock. We did none of this.

The last 4 offensive plays are when you have to give your players a chance to at least attempt a play.
First play, a run up the middle, sends the game to the two minute warning. Horrible call. We needed to SAVE time. Time is everything at that point. The most we could have possibly run the clock down was to about a minute. The Ravens had all three of their timeouts to march down the field and kick a field goal, so it wouldn't have mattered AT ALL if we ran the clock down a little bit. They had all the time in the world with their three timeouts. Every second we took off the clock was another second lost for us.

The next play was a rollout. These plays never work to start with, and I don't think they have worked all season on the goal line.
The next two plays were shotgun snaps, but the Ravens blitzed them straight up the middle two times in a row giving Kap zero time to make a throw. Both times he just went to the hot read without barely even looking because he had zero time. The second throw was amazing, but Crabtree was held so he couldn't get to the ball. Kap did everything in his power to make a play given the horrible play calling on that last sequence.

And next. You don't call a timeout in that situation. Remember I talked about how desperate we needed to SAVE the clock at that point? We needed the timeouts even more desperately. We needed them much MUCH more than we needed those 5 worthless yards. If anything, the extra space would give our receivers an opportunity to run a cleaner route. Absolutely no excuse to call a timeout. Again, the coaches simply don't understand how important clock management is, or how to implement it.

The Ravens came prepared from the very start of the game with a great gameplan, and we came out with our cute stuff hoping to trick everybody. It was the worst gameplan to start a game we have had all year. That really hurt us bad going down by 22 points to start the game.

It was Kap in the POCKET that got us back in the game. In that last sequence we weren't able to manage to give Kap ONE single play from the pocket. We ran it, rolled out, and had instant pressure on the last two. Not giving Kap a single opportunity to throw a pass from the pocket on that last sequence is the final poor coaching straw that broke our back. You can't consistently put your players in poor positions over and over in the Super Bowl.

Its a shame that we couldn't at least have given the kid an opportunity in those final plays.

Our players were shoving people after the whistle. Walker even tossed a ball at a Ravens player that could have easily been a penalty. He did this after making a catch that failed to get a first down. Vernon Davis almost got several other penalties after the whistle. I couldn't believe the attitude our players had in this game. They were completely undisciplined, which is yes, once again the fault of the coaches. To not have your players ready to play smart in the biggest game is inexcusable. Vernon and Walker and others were more interested in the show of the Super Bowl, then they were in the final result. Well, at least they got what they wanted. They got to strut their stuff and defend their pride in front of millions. The refs gave us a break with a lot of the post whistle activity. We were lucky not to get personal fouls after the whistle.

Our players almost bailed out the coaches, but in the end, the refs decided the game. If you depend on the refs, you are depending on luck. Depending on luck is no way to win a game. We were out coached, and the Ravens deserved the game.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by trogdor:
I also have to add poor tackling. This team had been so sound fundamentally up until today. I lost count of how many times they would hit somebody but not wrap up and would give up a first down. Incredible.
I mostly noticed that with Aldon. He's got to improve against the run.
Originally posted by WhyBenchAlex:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Yo Wolf, wouldnt u know it. Mooch said the same thing that I did. Hah, and i said it first. lmao. But yeah as i said it was a good no call, and the game shouldnt have been decided by that one stop. I mean thats like saying if the refs make the right call we win. You never leave a game in the Refs hands. Just have to make things happen. Just that simple.
I'm with you on this! Kap blew it at the end and just like the other guy said "KARMA!" Blame the refs all you want but we should of never made the QB switch!

We shouldn't have made the qb switch? Seriously I don't know if I should reply to this or report this as terrorist accusations against our country! You and u alone are the only one who would say this and your a dip s**t. Take a bottle of Valium and call me in the morning! Wow your high! Not like pot high, but acid injected with gasoline and topped off with insanity high! HIGH! In case I didn't make myself clear, the voices in your head mean u are officially.................. HIGH!!!!!! Um yeah......................................................... HIGH!
Hopper starts with an H and so does................... HIGH
Roman didn't give Kap ONE single opportunity to throw a pass from the pocket in that last sequence.
Run, rollout, and the next two plays had free runners coming right at Kap, forcing him to get it out of his hands in a second. It would have been nice to at least see one single play where Kap had a chance to scan the field for a second or two from the pocket.
playcalling ineffective
Originally posted by asyouwerebanddotcom:
Yo Wolf, wouldnt u know it. Mooch said the same thing that I did. Hah, and i said it first. lmao. But yeah as i said it was a good no call, and the game shouldnt have been decided by that one stop. I mean thats like saying if the refs make the right call we win. You never leave a game in the Refs hands. Just have to make things happen. Just that simple.
I'm with you on this! Kap blew it at the end and just like the other guy said "KARMA!" Blame the refs all you want but we should of never made the QB switch!

We shouldn't have made the qb switch? Seriously I don't know if I should reply to this or report this as terrorist accusations against our country! You and u alone are the only one who would say this and your a dip s**t. Take a bottle of Valium and call me in the morning! Wow your high! Not like pot high, but acid injected with gasoline and topped off with insanity high! HIGH! In case I didn't make myself clear, the voices in your head mean u are officially.................. HIGH!!!!!! Um yeah......................................................... HIGH!
Why are you attacking me? The formula we had with Alex was very successful and Harbaugh making the switch came back to bite us. It's as simple as that!
Aldon smith and Alex smith would u please leave now? Mm kkk thanks!
The play calling in the red zone was bad all game

You have the ball on the 6 yard line and you have 4 plays to score a TD, you don't give the ball to Frank Gore ONCE? Ridiculous. How does your team MVP not touch the ball in that situation, and he's the one that brought you there the play before on a big run.
Hand off to LMJ, wtf, really? And then on 4th down we do a fade? I don't remember the last time we did a fade and it worked.
Stupid stupid play calls on that last drive.

Turnovers, penalties, no call of course are other reasons. We made a lot of stupid mistakes

Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
All of those reasons above are valid.

But we have the ball 1st and goal with 2:30 left.

SEAL THE DEAL!

1 read option, not three passes to the right. Baltimore knew exactly where to defend because we did it three times in a row.

Yes... awful.

Everything awful already happened.... Even a 108 yard TD Kickoff return.

But yet the team found themselves in the precipice of another SB victory.

The moment got to big for the Kaep and the entire team.

Do we really not have a play for 1st and goal?, 2nd and goal?, 3rd and goal? and 4th and goal? That all you got? When the moment matters thats when champions perform.

Even if they were playing s**tty all night.

That one, no two, no three, no four moments should have SEALED THE DEAL.

I agree. In the end we could have won the game. We survived the worse. We should have scored.... end of story

Why are you attacking me? The formula we had with Alex was very successful and Harbaugh making the switch came back to bite us. It's as simple as that!

No it didn't and no it's not.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
No it didn't and no it's not.

Ehhh??? Last season wasn't successful? 6-2 this season wasn't successful? Or you saying that the switch didn't come back and that it's not that simple?

lol. what a joke
Get of Alex's nuts dude. That formula was play great defense and not turn the ball over on offense. If we used that formula this post season there was no way we would've even made it to the super bowl the way our defense was playing.

Our defense really disappointed me this post season

IM NOT ATTACKING YOU! IM ATTACKING THE VOICES IN YOUR HEAD! You're high!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone