LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 388 users in the forums

Your reasons for why we lost

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Aye Caramba! Why would you not hand the ball off to Frank Gore from 5 yards away with Haloti Ngata out of the game and the best line in the league?

Greg Roman blew the play calling by trying to get fancy and ignoring the Niners' best asset. It was an amazing comeback but passing from the five on consecutive plays after Gore had just busted a 30 yard run was utter stupidity.

There's going to be a lot of second guessing after this one.
This was horrible on Romans part
Originally posted by Psinex:
Aye Caramba! Why would you not hand the ball off to Frank Gore from 5 yards away with Haloti Ngata out of the game and the best line in the league?

Greg Roman blew the play calling by trying to get fancy and ignoring the Niners' best asset. It was an amazing comeback but passing from the five on consecutive plays after Gore had just busted a 30 yard run was utter stupidity.

There's going to be a lot of second guessing after this one.
That's the thing that bothers me the most. Ravens couldn't stop the runs, why stop at the end?
It was inexcusable and very disappointing. What an awful couple of playcalls. Of course, Kaep screwed up second down himself by not throwing it immediately and then failing to run for a sure couple of yards. Still, our QB is green, but we should have been able to rely on Roman to do better than he did at the biggest moment.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Lets wait before we actually have evidence. I say Jim with his eyes in the book before those calls.
Gore was gashing them and they were clearly tired AND missing Ngata, like you said. Despicable f**king playcalling. Could have gone down in history as the greatest comeback ever and have our sixth Superbowl.

Also should have taken the delay of game and saved our timeout. Would have had 50 seconds left and decent field position for one last drive. Absolute choke.
[ Edited by Five4Five on Feb 3, 2013 at 8:08 PM ]
we needed to burn some clock so the Ravens wouldn't be able to drive down the field. Why we didnt run the ball makes no sense
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
they choked on the last drive and should not have called time out rather just take penalty at least we could of got ball back with time left on the clock.
  • fip24
  • Veteran
I just posted comments on this in another topic.
The first down play was horrible and set the tone..
Gore was gassed so we run LMJ up the middle?
Why not call a TO and let Frank catch his breath?? We have 4 plays for the Super Bowl win and one of them goes to a 150 pound rookie on an up the midle run??? This was a joke.
Don't get me started on running a layered route with Vernon and Crabs on 2nd down. Esentially, we rolled out Collin with Frank and Crabs in front of him. Problem is that Balt is spying Collin and doubling Vernon and Crabs..We pull 5 Rven defenders into a small space. Not enough field depth for that call
2Nd. And goal from the five should have been gore running the ball. We were so close.

Was great until the last four plays. Those were horrible calls.
Would have loved to see some variation of the play Gore scored on where you have Kaep keep the ball.
The 3rd and goal Kap shouldve ran it in. He slowed up and tried to force something. He had a great shot at a TD run.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Blew it
Gore had just pushed the pile back another 3 or 4 yards after initial contact earlier in the drive. Why wouldn't you give it to him with the game on the line and put it on the heart of Frank? I just don't understand.
Share 49ersWebzone