• Veteran
1)Mental mistakes -all of the penalties
2) whitener in the first half
3) culliver all game
4) Aldon smith still disappearing
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by jonr422000:
Was there holding on the kick return or was I trippin

Honestly, I don't care about the possible holding calls. Kaepernick threw a ball that would have been very difficult to catch, even if Crabtree hadn't been held, as it landed out of bounds. My point is, the game shouldn't have come down to a mini Hail Mary prayer of a throw from the 5 yard line when we had our tanks and battering rams ready to punch through the tired and injured Ravens front line. Why lob the ball when we had our running game in full force?

It was catchable. The ball hit the ground only a foot or two out of bounds. Had Crabtree not been held, he couldve definately grabbed the ball out of the air and gotten his feet in.
This loss is entirely at Greg Roman's feet. Sloppy play, terrible secondary, and ST lapses aside, we were in a perfect chance to win this game. And he blew it.
Greg Roman. /thread
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by jonr422000:
Was there holding on the kick return or was I trippin

Honestly, I don't care about the possible holding calls. Kaepernick threw a ball that would have been very difficult to catch, even if Crabtree hadn't been held, as it landed out of bounds. My point is, the game shouldn't have come down to a mini Hail Mary prayer of a throw from the 5 yard line when we had our tanks and battering rams ready to punch through the tired and injured Ravens front line. Why lob the ball when we had our running game in full force?

YEP, and the holding call that will stick in my mind forever came much earlier. on the kcik return i think it was Bruce Miller, he was literally gettting dragged/picked up and sandwiched by 2 Ravens players. it was the most blatant hold i have ever seen, and no call. outright ridiculous, and our D came to play in the secon dhalf too. Changed the game right there, made the deficit too large, even after a great comeback by us that makes me proud even in defeat
They played like idiots.
Greg Roman tried to out think the opposition instead of just relying on what we do best. The one and only reason we lost that game imo. He is innovating a new and more painful way to lose.
Play calling
bone heads in the secondary
Aldon has to be hurt. He was terrible down the stretch.
I blame Greg roman as much as #29. He was Gettin burned all night.

Horrible, horrible series. 1st and goal at the 7. A chance to win the game.

1st down - wasted.
2nd down - wasted.
3rd down - wasted.
4th down - wasted.

This and the 109 yard kick return doomed us. Despite it all we could have won if we performed down there. I wish Frank got in. Man we fell apart down there. 1st and goal at the 7. I was thinking we got this. Suddenly it was 3rd and 4th down and we got nothing. Just horrible to lose like that when we fought all the way back.
1. Sleepwalk through the 1st half AGAIN.
2. Defense gets toasted.
3. Taking nothing but deep shots at the endzone after the Rice fumble.
4. Horrible playcalling on the goal line.
5. Defense gets obliterated.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
A first half that appeared to be nothing like I recognised before...
Originally posted by rtj03:
1)Mental mistakes -all of the penalties
2) whitener in the first half
3) culliver all game
4) Aldon smith still disappearing

You know what. I think Aldon's injury is a lot worse then let on. I remember when they showed the replay on one of Pierce's runs, it showed Aldon trying to reach out for him but it seemed like he just couldn't reach out with his left arm. Not sure what shoulder was hurt but that's just something I noticed.

I think we lost because of those turnovers plain and simple.
Donte WHitner , our weakest link in coverage. Ravens knew that too unfortunately. A little bit of nerves thrown in as well
Share 49ersWebzone