There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bitter Joe Montana says '89 team would beat this years team

I might be inclined to agree with Joe, but I also think the 94 team was awful darn good too. I don't think the 89 team would hold up physically. These guys are bigger, faster and stronger.
I can't believe this is a thread. Joe "bitter" and "classless"? Exactly how old are some of you? I realize twenty years seems like a long time, but, trust me when I say that human beings haven't changed much since.

Lol at today's athletes being more physically gifted. This isn't Pokemon, people. Humans don't evolve that fast.
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
I can't believe this is a thread. Joe "bitter" and "classless"? Exactly how old are some of you? I realize twenty years seems like a long time, but, trust me when I say that human beings haven't changed much since.

Lol at today's athletes being more physically gifted. This isn't Pokemon, people. Humans don't evolve that fast.

The approach, craft, worth, display, positions have all greatly evolved from their previous states of the late eighties to now. The whole world and everything in has suffered dramatic changes since the late eighties. Chemistry, Health and Physics have all greatly contributed to the game we watch now. Guys might not be as tough as they used to. But they are still physically gifted with remarkable agility and perceptive of a game that has been around for quite some time now. As a testament to those guys who played back then it would be a shame if they were truly able to defeat such a well built contemporary team.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I actually think the 94' team is one of the more underrated teams and could be the best of all time. I just have a hard time going against a Montana led squad.

The 94 team was not just unstoppable, but also incorporated clock management as part of the offensive strategy. It was the WCO with 2 all pros in the backfield. Never happened before under Joe -- all due respect to Craig and Rathman.

When the offense came up to the line there were legitmately 5 individuals who were a threat to catch the ball anywhere on the field. Managed by Shanahan.

The actual offensive dominance was unparalleled. The stats don't properly reflect it.
Originally posted by Mercuryspeed:
The approach, craft, worth, display, positions have all greatly evolved from their previous states of the late eighties to now. The whole world and everything in has suffered dramatic changes since the late eighties. Chemistry, Health and Physics have all greatly contributed to the game we watch now. Guys might not be as tough as they used to. But they are still physically gifted with remarkable agility and perceptive of a game that has been around for quite some time now. As a testament to those guys who played back then it would be a shame if they were truly able to defeat such a well built contemporary team.

As I said, you have to account for physical inflation in judging the merit of teams from different eras. Due to "training" differences.
Anybody who thought today's team had a chance against the 89 team doesn't know ANYTHING about football!
LMAO the 89 team would drop 50 on this team....Montana would murder this secondary because we all know he doens't throw INTs in the Superbowl
What ever Joe Montana says about football is correct and you should live by it.
Any Montana led team would be better.
Montana of course is correct.
Bitter? he's right. That offense would've put up 60 pts against our Defense. Maybe you are too young to remember how amazing they were.
Well I said it earlier in this thread what the 89 team would do. The 2012 team is good. Really, really good. But they are not yet the flawless machine that was the 1989 team. Or the 1984 team for that matter.
Well I said it earlier in this thread what the 89 team would do. The 2012 team is good. Really, really good. But they are not yet the flawless machine that was the 1989 team. Or the 1984 team for that matter.
If you want to know how to finish a comeback.. See Joe Montana to John Taylor.
Also, did you know that they send the wrong personel out? That was suppose to be Brent Jones.

Joe calmly signals John Taylor to play the TE position.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Not bitter at all. And do you think Montana would have scored on the last drive? I do.