There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

M.V.P. this year so far!

Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Nothing on this team happen without Gore. We have changed QBs, we have lost RB & WRs and replaced them with others, but Gore has been the only consistent through out the year... And decade.

People are making s**t up in here, take Gore out and we will see what's up. Fact!

Truer words have never been spoken. 100% correct. Gore keeps on trucking
Gore or kaep.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Remember the days Andy Lee was the perennial team MVP?

Man, was he a weapon though! lol

Still a weapon. We will need him to have a big game against Ravens too.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Alex Smith... for leading the team to a very good record and then not causing a stink, but being gracious, when he was benched while having a great Alex Smith season.

I wouldn't put Smith in at starter, because Colin is the MAN, but it takes a lot of class to not cause dissension in a locker room after losing your job to an injury while your having perhaps a career year and leading a great team. He could have hurt team chemistry, but he didn't.

A class act guy ;a great Qb finally .
  • titan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,756
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Remember the days Andy Lee was the perennial team MVP?

Man, was he a weapon though! lol

Still a weapon. We will need him to have a big game against Ravens too.

Flips the field for us. He got those ridiculous spins on the ball along with outstanding height & accuracy. Pinned the ATL returner before he muffed it. I feel that kept us in the game to win it.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Its Gore. Once again the workhorse, never getting the credit he deserves and always giving everything.

this

+1. I'm hoping he wins the superbowl MVP also.

you guys do relize that after hunter went down our Run game was s**tty until we finally put in LMJ and started doing the read option right? With hunter out we kept giving it to gore up the gut, up the gut up the gut and getting nothing. there was no threat of an outside run. Then when we put in LMJ and started the read. Gore was able to run again.

So Hunter, LMJ and Kaep are the reasons why Gore is/was able to do what he does up the gut.

The MVP is crabtree and Justin Smith. Crabtree ahd to make moves to score early in the year when smith was the QB and was the only way we move the ball in the air. then when Kaep took over he's been just awesome.

There were several reasons why our run game went down and that had to do with Hunter, along with Kap getting used to his reads and defenses knowing that that is our bread and butter so their main priority was stopping the run. Other than the second Seattle game, the teams that we lost to were teams who took Gore and the running game completely out of it. It obviously took Gore awhile to get used to the pistol formation but he's doing well now.

Also, I don't think he's given enough credit for helping Kap settle down in the playoffs. Kap was on as soon as Gore caught that first pass in the GB game and ran up the gut 4 straight times in Atlanta.

On defense, it's obviously J. Smith and I'd say he's our overall MVP as well.
Gore or Crabs
Justin Smith
It has to be Kap without him we would be watching the superbowl instead of playing in it.
Orginally, my thoughts say, "KAEP" but I think that VD will feel the SB with his heart and heat!!
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Alex Smith... for leading the team to a very good record and then not causing a stink, but being gracious, when he was benched while having a great Alex Smith season.

I wouldn't put Smith in at starter, because Colin is the MAN, but it takes a lot of class to not cause dissension in a locker room after losing your job to an injury while your having perhaps a career year and leading a great team. He could have hurt team chemistry, but he didn't.

Fantastic post


I am not a Smith guy....but this is a valid recommended for MVP

Alex did set the bar in a sense with top 10 QB.

Had CK replaced a struggling QB the bar would be lower

a pissed off Smith could have sunk the ship.
No doubt Frank Gore again for the regular season
CK7 is our MVP of the post season though (:
David Akers
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,874
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
No doubt Frank Gore again for the regular season
CK7 is our MVP of the post season though (:
of course frank in the regular season is the truth. you could make a case for gore to be mvp in post season as well but got no issue with ck being given that honor
the O-Line
...