There are 285 users in the forums

Which Baltimore player on defense do you fear?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which Baltimore player on defense do you fear?

None that I would fear for our guys. They are old. Only thing I fear would be that they may be on the borderline of being dirty during the game.
I fear for my life if I see Ray Lewis with a knife in a dark alley way. But 9ers will take care of them on the field.
A crying Ray Lewis with a knife.
I bet the Ravens forum has the same thread about our D.
Yeah on the streets Ray Lewis because you are probably going to get stabbed or the like. Otherwise they are an old defense so yeah not a lot to fear.
I'm gonna be different and say RB Rice. If we don't stop the run and make the Ravens one-dimensional (like GB and ATL), we're in for a long day. Unlike our two playoff opponents, BAL has a balanced offense.
Ray Lewis.....

Psssh. JK. NONE of them.
Suggs- If he has a big day pressuring Kaep and stopping him from getting outside and running it will be a long day
  • Jiks
Paul Kruger has been outstanding the last 5-6 weeks. I honestly feel he is one of the biggest reasons they are playing so well on defense. He also possesses the "possible" quickness to keep Kaep in check.

Not saying he's should be the most feared, but he's definitely no slouch. Been watching him the last few weeks and even though he's not getting the sacks he's getting pressure and making plays.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I'm gonna be different and say RB Rice. If we don't stop the run and make the Ravens one-dimensional (like GB and ATL), we're in for a long day. Unlike our two playoff opponents, BAL has a balanced offense.

That is different, given the question was about defensive players.

I was hoping someone would catch that...I just want attention.

It may be that I don't know the Ravens well enough, but I have to say that none of them jump out at me as someone an offense just fears. Maybe that nose tackle. Vince Wilfork caused some problems with the snap during the Patriots game. But, I don't think Ngata is as quick off the snap as Wilfork. And as far as clogging up the middle is concerned, I don't know. With the Niners version of the Pistol, the biggest holes are off-tackle.
Respect every one of their players, but fear NOBODY. 49ers won't play with fear, they will be focused and ready.
I'm gonna be different and say RB Rice. If we don't stop the run and make the Ravens one-dimensional (like GB and ATL), we're in for a long day. Unlike our two playoff opponents, BAL has a balanced offense...and if Rice were effective he would in turn be keeping the Niners offense off the field and the Ravens D fresh.

That is different, given the question was about defensive players.

I was hoping someone would catch that...I just want attention.

But if you expanded your point and noted that if Rice were effective he would in turn be keeping the Niners offense off the field and the Ravens D fresh. I think that would have been an acceptable answer.

Original answer fixed, thanks for suggestion.
I watched the Thanksgiving game last year and I know we don't want to open up a can of worms here but the major issue in that game was our QB (A. Smith). Started out by missing a wide open D. Walker that should have gone for a TD (this just shows that he was rattled by their defense. Then he just seemed to give up in the pocket, actually heard him say that he was seeing too much color. I walked away from that game thinking that the o-line was the issue.

Flash forward to today; Kaep is not holding on to the ball in the pocket, he is either getting it out quick or taking off. I don't think the Ravens defense will intimidate Kaep like they did Alex. The Ravens turned Alex into a check down, or hold on to the ball and take a sack QB and even then they only beat us by ten.

In Alex defense, he threw a nice ball to Ginn, Penalty on the play killed us. Also the interception by Brown was negated by penalty (would have given us the momentum).

Finally, to answer your question it is the front that scares me. So I guess that would be Ngata.
Originally posted by Psinex:

At first I thought Pollard led with his helmet, but in slow motion it was the running backs fault for lowering his head.
Share 49ersWebzone