There are 219 users in the forums

Which Baltimore player on defense do you fear?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which Baltimore player on defense do you fear?

Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Yep that is right!! ... The Ravens know the 49ers is s**t too good and too strong our team.. Go Niners!

qft
Reed.

Not scurred of Lewis or Suggs doing much more than somewhat limiting yardage. With Reed I worry about turnovers.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
add Suggs

For sure... Suggs is their Justin Smith, when he's out of the line-up they're not the same defense. I'd say Reed & Ngata are tied for second. The 49ers are built very similiar but are younger and have greater depth. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Pollard...hands down. He is cut from the same cloth as Goldson. He wants that big hit so bad he can taste it, and we cant afford an injury at a skill position in this game.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
wow i can't believe how underrated the best NT in the league is.

No doubt. I chose Ngata, but now that I think about it, he may not be as big of a factor due to the read option. He's gonna plug up the middle, but we'll probably be running to the outside.
Probably Reed. But I give them respect as a team.
Pollard and Kruger
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
wow i can't believe how underrated the best NT in the league is.

No doubt. I chose Ngata, but now that I think about it, he may not be as big of a factor due to the read option. He's gonna plug up the middle, but we'll probably be running to the outside.

Its not that he isnt great...but when you say fear, I think of that guy who on a single play could ruin the game for us. Ngata will be a problem all day long, dont get me wrong, he is the best. But If Pollard hurts somebody we cant do without, it could be the difference between celebrating a Lombardi or reading up on the draft come monday.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
add Suggs

Agree! After his performance against us last year he would be my choice...on one leg! Reed would be my second.

Originally posted by titan:
Suggs could easily have an MVP type game.

We don't have Chilo and Adam Snyder blocking anymore, so it's not going to be a cakewalk for Horse Face like it was Thanksgiving 2010.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Pollard...hands down. He is cut from the same cloth as Goldson. He wants that big hit so bad he can taste it, and we cant afford an injury at a skill position in this game.

Thankfully our players watch the game footage and know more than the fans. If you watched that Patriots game, Pollard was all over the field, crunching Patriots players left and right. I fear for all of our guys if they catch anything over the middle. Kaepernick has been known to float passes, leaving receivers vulnerable. In particular, I worry about Moss, Vernon, Gore, Delanie, and Kaepernick himself. Pollard put the same kind of hit on Ridley that Patrick Willis put on Brad Smith a few years back.

• Tical
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Grifter420:
Ed Reed because he's from The "U" and was Frank Gore's team mate on that National Championship team.

lol I'm not sure why him being Frank Gore's college teammate would make you fear him
I'd say Suggs.
half of that D is great, they are what we will be in around 7 years
Share 49ersWebzone