LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS BALTIMORE RAVENS GAMEDAY THREAD- SUPER BOWL XLVII

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kaep still has time management issues at the line. It goes with only having 9 games experience. The good with the bad with Kaep in this game.
4 plays from the 5 yard line and we couldnt punch it in
You guys are ridiculous with this karma b******t.

And by the way these refs wouldn't have mattered if our defense played sound disciplined football in the first half. We couldn't even f**king tackle.

Kudos to almost coming back but damn...it was a poor display all around. No sense of urgency until it was too late.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
This loss has nothing to do with the refs or karma. We were grossly outplayed in the 1st half. We lost the turnover battle. We couldn't stop the Ravens on 3rd down. We gave up a kickoff return to start the 2nd half.

Even after all that, we have a chance to win it at the end. The redzone playcalling was awful, and our timeout management was horrific. We made a HUGE mistake when we burned our 2nd timeout instead of taking the 5 yard penalty. We could have had the ball back with 1 minute left, instead we had 4 seconds. This loss is on our secondary, special teams coverage, redzone playcalling, and time management.

Can't argue with that. Nice post.

You can never predict the future. We went on a roll after that timeout. 17-0 nothing run. We had our chance, 1st and goal at the 5...4 tries to punch it in and we failed.

Wasn't talking about the 1st timeout. I'm talking about down 34-29 in the redzone with under 2 minutes left. We get flagged for delay of game, but called timeout just before. BIG MISTAKE. Should have taken the penalty (backing us up would have made it less congested in the endzone, making it easier to throw), and keep the timeout. Even if we fail on 4th down, we have 2 timeouts to stop to the clock. Instead we had 1, and the Ravens were able to kill the clock all the way down to 4 seconds.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Feb 3, 2013 at 8:34 PM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I just can't believe we lost the way we did

Feels like such a tease. I would have rather we were blown out.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Harbaugh is going to be kicking himself for calling 4 pass plays from the five for the Championship. Him and Roman deserve blame for it.

^^^^^^ egregious mistake here

Didn't they run it on first down with LMJ?
Yeah the 1st play. Was Gore hurt or something? Ngata out? Hint hint?

Who knows though, we'd would have to go for 2 to make it a 3 point game if we score the TD and give Flacco plenty of time to drive the field for a fg to tie or td to win.
Kaepernick is the deal, he will only have that much more experience next year, with revamped secondary who can mess with us?
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

And by the way these refs wouldn't have mattered if our defense played sound disciplined football in the first half. We couldn't even f**king tackle.

Kudos to almost coming back but damn...it was a poor display all around. No sense of urgency until it was too late.

+1
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:
I think we Manningham, Williams, and Hunter............we would have had a different outcome. But we'll really only know next year.

With our squad, and probably upgrades in the offseason, I see us making it back into the playoffs regardless of Seattle, St Louse, and the Cards.

Yup. We've been pretty lucky on the injury front, generally; but it'd be nice to have a season with maybe just one dead wide out instead of half the receiver corps. I think Manningham would have excelled in the second half. It's scary to think how good this offense can be with a healthy receiving corps.

Exactly. I don't see Moss returning but with Crabs, Manningham playing for another contract, Williams healthy, Davis, then hoping Walker returns, hoping Jenkins develops, Gore and LMJ....we'll be dangerous as long as we are healthy.

On the defensive side, we truly need a shutdown corner so the help can roll to the other side. Culliver was getting picked on all night and hardly saw balls going to Brown who recoverd a fumble. Even Rogers was just OK. We need Goldson back and a shutdown corner on the other side. Maybe we find a way to get Revis via trade, rumors I've heard at least.

+1

Originally posted by nanticoke:

+1
+2
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:
I think we Manningham, Williams, and Hunter............we would have had a different outcome. But we'll really only know next year.

With our squad, and probably upgrades in the offseason, I see us making it back into the playoffs regardless of Seattle, St Louse, and the Cards.

Yup. We've been pretty lucky on the injury front, generally; but it'd be nice to have a season with maybe just one dead wide out instead of half the receiver corps. I think Manningham would have excelled in the second half. It's scary to think how good this offense can be with a healthy receiving corps.

Exactly. I don't see Moss returning but with Crabs, Manningham playing for another contract, Williams healthy, Davis, then hoping Walker returns, hoping Jenkins develops, Gore and LMJ....we'll be dangerous as long as we are healthy.

On the defensive side, we truly need a shutdown corner so the help can roll to the other side. Culliver was getting picked on all night and hardly saw balls going to Brown who recoverd a fumble. Even Rogers was just OK. We need Goldson back and a shutdown corner on the other side. Maybe we find a way to get Revis via trade, rumors I've heard at least.
Originally posted by mryan1004:
i hear you bro, but it was not a good no call, crabs was just trying to break free of the handcuff. In retrospect the 9ers should have done more to not have to rely on that call alone. It sucks regardless, We have our work cut out and seattle will be tough

That wasn't a good "non call" and even the Ravens fan I was sitting with said it was a clear penalty. That puts us first and goal on the 3......, but what it really comes down to is spotting a good team 20 points before Roman gets his head out of his a*** and calls something other than a vanilla offense. Horrible play calling with first and goal...... Why not pound the crap out of them like we had all 2nd half? Nooooo...... Lets throw the ball.....

Yes, I admit I'm bitter.......
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
Originally posted by mryan1004:
Originally posted by drakan:
one word...karma.

dude , shut up with this karma s**t, what happens if the ref do their jobs?

Or the team plays a quality first half?

No I agree. I said told people this. Its Karma..

Karma doesn't exist. There is 0 evidence that it does. God has more evidence then freaking Karma.

We lost this game because of mistakes, TO's, and horrible playcalling in the 1st half and at the end of the game. Despite all that we did the unthinkable and came back from a 22 point defecit and almost won the game. That in itself is amazing. If Roman had called better plays and freakin of let Gore/Dixon or Kap try to run it in after the 1st and goal play we would of been up 35 to 34 and depending on if we converted the 2 point conversion or not, if our D stop them on the next drive we would be SB championships right now.

Bottom line is even tho this is going to be the hardest thing our team and us fans are going to have to overcome (I'm in freakin tears as I write this) we will come back from this and I have faith that we will get back to the SB in '13 and win it. Future is bright not only for our young QB Kaepernick, but for our entire team.
In my head I have to keep thinking, "this is just football" because that's how I can reconcile this event in my life.
Share 49ersWebzone